***Official September 2020 Thread***

DW and I last night discussed moving our September trip to early 2021. It’s hard to believe they would do F&W with social distancing still in place and there are so many other unknowns. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet but it’s getting closer.

Agreed, they won't be able to have crowded parks until a vaccine or effective treatment is developed. I am concerned about the second wave predicted for this fall and winter to coincide with flu season.
On this board you are seeing the fanatical crowd. With 20% unemployment and continued concern about Covid I really think the casual vacationer will save their money and stay home this fall at least.

On this board you are seeing the fanatical crowd. With 20% unemployment and continued concern about Covid I really think the casual vacationer will save their money and stay home this fall at least.

I agree. I've even seen quite a few on this board saying that they will not be going if wearing masks will be required. I have a Labor Day week DVC rental but I think I would pass out trying to wear a mask in the heat that time of year there. I'm secretly (well, I guess not so secretly now) hoping the resort will be closed so I can get my rental money back through a cc charge back.

The latest rumors of not opening until August has me all nervous again.
I hate that rumor and at this point I just don't/can't get worried over any rumor anymore. It's been too long and there are too many lol! Our June Disney trip has turned into a Uni trip; we have a late July Disney back up for our early July and once we know about those I'll worry about Sept! It would be nice if they opened sooner rather than later as then the chance of more things being "normal" by Sept. is there. But again we really don't know what will be what when they do open; maybe it won't be as bad as we think? Hang in there!

anyone buying MNSSHP tickets yet??? I’m assuming the parties will have lower attendance numbers....just not sure if I should buy now or wait...

The latest rumors of not opening until August has me all nervous again.
Don’t be nervous yet. The original rumor from the other site did say Aug 31st but that Disney had to change their ‘supposed’ plans because Universal was opening in June. Some other reliable rumor people on that site said some of that post was accurate but they indicated an opening date is more like the beginning of July after the 4th.
I do believe the parks will certainly be open in September but I am waiting to see what they say about the experience. Every family has their own benchmarks for what needs to be open etc to justify the money spent. We will only keep the trip if our favorite restaurants and lounges are open and all the parks are open and we can hop. And we wont wear masks. We spend big $$$ on our 10 day trips. For the same amt i can go to a private island resort in the Caribbean, not wear a mask and eat our chef prepared 4 meals a day(included in price)
Now if Disney says no park hopping, reduced experience and offers me a big discount as an incentive I would reconsider, but thats unlikely. So we are all in a wait and see mode and will make our decision when Disney actually announces something.
i do have a backup booked next year already and can cancel up to 5 days before our Sept trip.
Our airfare can be banked until next year and our hopper tickets can be banked for next year as well so we are in a good position.

anyone buying MNSSHP tickets yet??? I’m assuming the parties will have lower attendance numbers....just not sure if I should buy now or wait...
I was going to get them, but decided to hold off until they open to buy. If for some reason we have to cancel because of certain restrictions we want to experience, I didn’t want to have to go through an extra cancellation process. I can’t see them selling out anytime soon.

I was going to get them, but decided to hold off until they open to buy. If for some reason we have to cancel because of certain restrictions we want to experience, I didn’t want to have to go through an extra cancellation process. I can’t see them selling out anytime soon.

they have been available for purchase for a while....but I can I see waiting til parks actually open before purchasing...

I am going to hold off buying party tickets until maybe a week or so before our late sept trip, maybe even a few days before the party. Especially since everything is so up in the air. I don’t want to lay out the $ and it be canceled or party dates be modified and mess up my planned park days and potential fastpasses.

Disney MUST be concerned about Universal opening. They can't remain closed for 3 months after Universal opens.
Why not? What’s the business implication once they reopen of Universal having been already open for 3 weeks vs 3 months?

Joining in on this thread! We are excited to take a break and head to WDW. We will be staying at BWV (9/5-9/8) and moving to CCV (9/8-9/16). We hope Disney announces their plans soon. I hope they announce their plans to open the parks and resorts. I don’t see them staying closed much longer as Universal will be open.

I don't know the business implication. I'm not the "business nerd". I only used 3 months because Kaite (whom I quoted) used 3 months - end of August.

Am I wrong? Do you believe WDW will stay closed for 3 months after Universal opens? I'm very interested in the business implications but (as I said) I don't know anything.
I can’t speak for TWDC because I do something completely different but I imagine they are looking at two big problems they’d create by reopening: liability and PR.

It would be bad if someone caught COVID from a WDW guest. Much worse if a hundred people in the Toy Story Mania indoor queue all caught it from an asymptomatic loud talker who’d pulled his mask down to eat a Mickey bar. That’s national news and honestly it (or something similar) is pretty likely to happen. They probably can beat the liability claims although they’ll still spend millions on the lawsuits. But the lawsuits make it a story several times. That’s a PR nightmare that could build mental memory structures in potential guests about Walt Disease World that have implications for decades.

Im not sure what they’ll do but the case to wait and see what happens with Universal is pretty solid for Disney. I don’t think they borrowed $20 billion dollars (which gets them through a year of this) expecting to be closed for just 75 days.

Is this a planning thread or an anti mask and what is Disney thinking of doing thread?

I had to move my May trip and scheduled for September. I really hope that this virus is gone or not so much of a threat by September. I mean if you want to debate masks, vaccines, and opening too soon then there are other threads for that. Can we please just have places where planning and excitement can mingle?

fingers crossed.

Is this a planning thread or an anti mask and what is Disney thinking of doing thread?

I had to move my May trip and scheduled for September. I really hope that this virus is gone or not so much of a threat by September. I mean if you want to debate masks, vaccines, and opening too soon then there are other threads for that. Can we please just have places where planning and excitement can mingle?
I apologize, Karen. I have removed my off topic posts.

Debating on MNSSHP. We have been several times but in the past year or two it has been SO CROWDED. I like it when they have the add ons like Villains dessert with designated parade viewing.

We went to one (I can't remember what year) that had Villains in Cinderella's castle and we had viewing for fireworks and parade-I think.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter