***Official September 2020 Thread***

Is this a planning thread or an anti mask and what is Disney thinking of doing thread?

I had to move my May trip and scheduled for September. I really hope that this virus is gone or not so much of a threat by September. I mean if you want to debate masks, vaccines, and opening too soon then there are other threads for that. Can we please just have places where planning and excitement can mingle?

fingers crossed.

I agree with the sentiment of the excitement of planning. Everyone should continue planning their vacations! Absolutely! It gives us something exciting to look forward to in these crazy times. I disagree with trying to ignore the gravity of the situation we're all faced with. Everyone here is going through the same thing. No one can understand what we're going through better than someone who's going through the exact same thing. We're all worried about what's going to happen. It can't be ignored. It's nice to know I have somewhere to go and discuss what I'm going through with someone who's going through the exact same thing. Real life can suck. But it can't be ignored as much as we'd like to sometimes. Unfortunately, masks and vaccines have become a part of planning our vacations. Every discussion on here has been thoughtful. None of it has been mean spirited.

People are continuing to plan their vacations. There was plenty of discussion at the 180 day mark of ADRs. There will be more excited discussion about fastpasses at the 60 day mark. In the mean time, we're commiserating with people going through the same stresses each one of us is experiencing because we're all going through the same thing. I know in my house my family is tired of hearing about it. LOL It's nice to know I have somewhere to go where someone will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Once Disney finally announces an opening date, how they're going to handle crowds, etc., I'd be willing to bet the discussion on this thread will change considerably. In the meantime, I'd ask you to cut everybody some slack. Not one person has said anything mean or disparaging of Disney or anyone here.

I've said my piece. If the moderator wants me to delete the comment, I will. I just disagree with the overall tone of your comment. I don't think it's a bad thing to discuss real life situations as long as it's done in a thoughtful manner, with people going through the same thing, especially when it's unfortunately become a part of our overall planning process.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Yesterday I took DS2 to get some new uniforms (he's in culinary school and also works in a restaurant) at the outlet mall. I pretended I was going to Disney Springs! It was in the high 80's plus humidity was high and I was testing the mask wearing. I have the neck scarf material type that I wear to work, which are much cooler, but I purposely wore my thicker fabric one that DH's co-worker made us. We walked around outside and went in a few other stores as well. I have to say it wasn't bad- and I am NOT someone who enjoys wearing them. I thought- if I can do this for something I don't really want to do I won't really have a problem doing it at the Happiest Place in the World! It made me much more optimistic that even if they are still requiring masks in Sept. I can handle it! Now it's just countdown to FP picking time!

Is this a planning thread or an anti mask and what is Disney thinking of doing thread?

I had to move my May trip and scheduled for September. I really hope that this virus is gone or not so much of a threat by September. I mean if you want to debate masks, vaccines, and opening too soon then there are other threads for that. Can we please just have places where planning and excitement can mingle?

fingers crossed.
I hear you, I hate coming to these "Happy Dance" threads and seeing doom and gloom. I completely understand the worries and concerns, not only for my own trips but as this is my business and have tons of clients going through the same thing. But I also feel bringing people down does NOTHING; coming here should be a place to raise spirits and such. There are quite a few threads going on different forums about rumors, what changes will be - masks lol - and those have a huge dose of negative mixed with positive.
Of course asking what others' opinions on things like booking certain restaurants (what they may look like when opened) or FP availability, if anyone is changing the way they usually do Disney, yeah why not?? Or saying you're sad you've decided to cancel. I just skip any negativity and I do love the "summer 2020 if they're open we're going" thread here because that's always positive! So if anything here gets you down just hop over there :) :)

I agree with the sentiment of the excitement of planning. Everyone should continue planning their vacations! Absolutely! It gives us something exciting to look forward to in these crazy times. I disagree with trying to ignore the gravity of the situation we're all faced with. Everyone here is going through the same thing. No one can understand what we're going through better than someone who's going through the exact same thing. We're all worried about what's going to happen. It can't be ignored. It's nice to know I have somewhere to go and discuss what I'm going through with someone who's going through the exact same thing. Real life can suck. But it can't be ignored as much as we'd like to sometimes. Unfortunately, masks and vaccines have become a part of planning our vacations. Every discussion on here has been thoughtful. None of it has been mean spirited.

People are continuing to plan their vacations. There was plenty of discussion at the 180 day mark of ADRs. There will be more excited discussion about fastpasses at the 60 day mark. In the mean time, we're commiserating with people going through the same stresses each one of us is experiencing because we're all going through the same thing. I know in my house my family is tired of hearing about it. LOL It's nice to know I have somewhere to go where someone will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Once Disney finally announces an opening date, how they're going to handle crowds, etc., I'd be willing to bet the discussion on this thread will change considerably. In the meantime, I'd ask you to cut everybody some slack. Not one person has said anything mean or disparaging of Disney or anyone here.

I've said my piece. If the moderator wants me to delete the comment, I will. I just disagree with the overall tone of your comment. I don't think it's a bad thing to discuss real life situations as long as it's done in a thoughtful manner, with people going through the same thing, especially when it's unfortunately become a part of our overall planning process.

Fingers crossed.
By fingers crossed, I meant that our September trips are still on. Why can't people go to the "trip planning forum" and be excited about planning their trip? Why did you have to be condescending? Who am I not giving slack? There are threads that are all over mask, vaccines, opinions on WDW opening etc. Why does it have to brought into EVERY SINGLE THREAD??

I can't see any real updates or rumors about reopening unless I scroll through 5 or more pages of peoples opinions on masks.

I don't know how you can discern my "tone" by a text but my intention was to keep the "trip planning forum" for September 2020 to planning and such.

Again, fingers crossed for all of us for September.

I hear you, I hate coming to these "Happy Dance" threads and seeing doom and gloom. I completely understand the worries and concerns, not only for my own trips but as this is my business and have tons of clients going through the same thing. But I also feel bringing people down does NOTHING; coming here should be a place to raise spirits and such.
Why does it have to brought into EVERY SINGLE THREAD??

I can't see any real updates or rumors about reopening unless I scroll through 5 or more pages of peoples opinions on masks.

I don't know how you can discern my "tone" by a text but my intention was to keep the "trip planning forum" for September 2020 to planning and such.
Since I am the culprit I, again, apologize. My intent wasn't to bring people down. I was genuinely curious about when CastAStone thought The World might open. I now see this was the wrong thread so I deleted my offending questions and comments.

I'm sorry I derailed this thread.

We are booked, YC 8/28-8/30 and POR 9/4-9/5, with stops inbetween at Universal and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I booked room only for the moment so we'd have flexibility, but we are planning to go as long as they are operational. We will cheerfully wear masks, and may wear them even if they are no longer strictly required (and we are rapidly acquiring a wardrobe of cute/fun ones--I haven't been working outside the home during this but my DH and DS have, so they wear them every day).

If pools were not open I would probably swap YC for something cheaper, but I think that's unlikely. I haven't gotten tickets yet (need to do that soon), but we're probably only going for single day hoppers (assuming that hopping is a thing by then). We're hoping F&W will be on during our trip, and might tailor our ticket purchases accordingly, but we're not planning on MNSSHP.

Since I am the culprit I, again, apologize. My intent wasn't to bring people down. I was genuinely curious about when CastAStone thought The World might open. I now see this was the wrong thread so I deleted my offending questions and comments.

I'm sorry I derailed this thread.

It's not just you. There's been plenty of talk about masks, vaccines, when they're going to open, what kind of restrictions there are going to be, etc. It's not you. No need to apologize. IMO, they're all valid concerns and, unfortunately, are part of the trip planning process for all of us.

Touring plans just alerted me to a 9:40pm Ohana on 9/26. I booked it but I hope something else opens up - hopefully, no later than 8pm.

Originally, we were booked 2 nights value studio AKV-Jambo House and 3 nights CL studio AKV.

Now, we are hopefully going to split 3 nights at the Poly and 3 nights CL AKV.

Or if a DVC miracle happens, my waitlist for all 6 nights at Beach Club Villas will come through. I don't expect it to and since I already have value and CL studio booked then that is a DVC miracle anyway.

If available, we may do the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

I think I may get the dining plan if we do the split stay (only for the first half) If we do get our waitlist then we will just pay oop. The Ohana reservation is the only one i have booked.

Touring plans just alerted me to a 9:40pm Ohana on 9/26. I booked it but I hope something else opens up - hopefully, no later than 8pm.

Originally, we were booked 2 nights value studio AKV-Jambo House and 3 nights CL studio AKV.

Or if a DVC miracle happens, my waitlist for all 6 nights at Beach Club Villas will come through. I don't expect it to and since I already have value and CL studio booked then that is a DVC miracle anyway.

I think I may get the dining plan if we do the split stay (only for the first half) If we do get our waitlist then we will just pay oop. The Ohana reservation is the only one i have booked.

Ugh! 9:40?! That's past my bedtime! LOL I've never had any luck with those TP alerts. But, then again, I haven't used it since 2017, either. Maybe they've fine tuned it since then. That's awesome that you got it! Hopefully something earlier opens up for you. Will TP still alert you if something earlier opens up even though you've already booked something?

Ugh! 9:40?! That's past my bedtime! LOL I've never had any luck with those TP alerts. But, then again, I haven't used it since 2017, either. Maybe they've fine tuned it since then. That's awesome that you got it! Hopefully something earlier opens up for you. Will TP still alert you if something earlier opens up even though you've already booked something?
You have to redo the TP alert every time they find something for you, whether you want it or not.

Touring plans just alerted me to a 9:40pm Ohana on 9/26. I booked it but I hope something else opens u
I often get alerts but then by the time I go in to grab it -gone lol. Glad you got it and I do hope you find something earlier, you'll be rolling into bed for sure eating that huge meal at 10 :goodvibes

fingers crossed.
Last year’s September thread went pretty dark at the point a couple pretty major hurricanes looked like they may threaten September vacations. We went in September and had a great time. This year the concerns are Disney opening date, masks and crowd size. I think it’s ok to discuss concerns. Planning for a Disney vacation isn’t always happy happy joy joy.

If you're only trying to book Ohana for two people, a trick I've found worked is booking for three then immediately modifying the reservation for 2. There almost never seems to be reservation spots for couples. I've only ever found couple bookings for Ohana a handful of times. Hope this helps.

Last year’s September thread went pretty dark at the point a couple pretty major hurricanes looked like they may threaten September vacations. We went in September and had a great time. This year the concerns are Disney opening date, masks and crowd size. I think it’s ok to discuss concerns. Planning for a Disney vacation isn’t always happy happy joy joy.

We went last September also. Perfect weather. We stayed at BCV and the walk to Epcot was great!

We took the boat to HS but Epcot is our favorite during Food & Wine.

I often get alerts but then by the time I go in to grab it -gone lol. Glad you got it and I do hope you find something earlier, you'll be rolling into bed for sure eating that huge meal at 10 :goodvibes

I may just order the Twilight Feast for 2 (There will be 3 of us). The reviews have been positive.

I've been keeping a close on the situation! I'm like *checks pages every day*

I'm prepared for the worst but at the same time I'm like :D The hope won't stop!

I've been dreaming about going to the bigger Disney for years. I can't stop! I keep having dreams me and hubbs are there and riding everything and just having fun. c:

I've been keeping a close on the situation! I'm like *checks pages every day*

I'm prepared for the worst but at the same time I'm like :D The hope won't stop!

I've been dreaming about going to the bigger Disney for years. I can't stop! I keep having dreams me and hubbs are there and riding everything and just having fun. c:
Is this your first trip to Disney World? If so, how exciting! I have never been to Disney Land or any other Disney park other than WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts