***Official September 2020 Thread***

Is anyone else starting to work on some touring plans? I'm looking for some fun little hidden gems that we may not know about, especially things for my youngest. She will be 5 next years trip.

We have our "rough draft" done as far as what parks on what days and the ADR's we want. I am sure it will change numerous times before our 180 day mark :)

Joining in! Our trip is booked for 9/8-9/11 at Pop with just my DH and our 2 daughters. Then 9/11-9/20 at Shades of Green with my extended family to make us a group of 11.

last time we went was Sept 2017 so crowds were very low afterHurricane Irma and I’ll sure we were spoiled. Of course,we did have to survive the stress of watching the storm, rescheduling our entire trip included FP and ADRs and flights... but that’s WAS an amazing first trip and I’m hoping to give my brother and parents some of that magic for their first trip too!

Joining in! Our trip is booked for 9/8-9/11 at Pop with just my DH and our 2 daughters. Then 9/11-9/20 at Shades of Green with my extended family to make us a group of 11.

last time we went was Sept 2017 so crowds were very low afterHurricane Irma and I’ll sure we were spoiled. Of course,we did have to survive the stress of watching the storm, rescheduling our entire trip included FP and ADRs and flights... but that’s WAS an amazing first trip and I’m hoping to give my brother and parents some of that magic for their first trip too!

:welcome:

If you are on Facebook come join us in our group over there also! WDW September 2020

Is anyone else starting to work on some touring plans? I'm looking for some fun little hidden gems that we may not know about, especially things for my youngest. She will be 5 next years trip.

Not yet, I haven't even thought about it and finally just settled on staying at Pop...which is unusual for me but I think it's becasue I have wedding stuff to do also. When DD12 was 5, it was the best :) she had so much fun and loved everything.

I guess I should start working on our plans, because it will be here before we know it :)

That's when we went, too, the week after Irma. I was so nervous about the timing of it! Yes, the crowds were very nice. Everything I've read says September is the lowest attended month, so I'm hoping for a repeat of the crowd level. Hope your brother and parents have a great time!

I LOVE how many SOG guests are on here! YAY! Our dates overlap a bit as well!

Not yet, I haven't even thought about it and finally just settled on staying at Pop...which is unusual for me but I think it's becasue I have wedding stuff to do also. When DD12 was 5, it was the best :).

I guess I should start working on our plans, because it will be here before we know it :)

I always start with such a long list of requests and wishes that I have to start early just to get it narrowed down. This past trip was rough, my request for next year is not so many requests!

This will be my youngest third trip. She was adorable this year, if not a bit shy with some of the characters. Omg I didn’t think it was possible for someone to like Splash Mountain more than me, but I think she has it! :)

I LOVE how many SOG guests are on here! YAY! Our dates overlap a bit as well!
I’m excited and nervous for SoG. I’ve never been there and I feel a lot of responsibility for making the trip great for so many people, but everyone who stays there seems to really love it!

I’m excited and nervous for SoG. I’ve never been there and I feel a lot of responsibility for making the trip great for so many people, but everyone who stays there seems to really love it!

I hear nothing but good things about it also. What are the requirements for staying there? Do you personally have to have served? Someone in your party? A family member (brother, sister, mother, father)?

I hear nothing but good things about it also. What are the requirements for staying there? Do you personally have to have served? Someone in your party? A family member (brother, sister, mother, father)?
There are specific military classes that are eligible- I think it’s mostly active duty and retired plus their spouses - not just any veteran even, except in January where I think they have a special eligibility that included more former service members.

my step-dad is retired Air Force so our first trip my mom (his eligible spouse) came with us and was able to get us the military discount at a few disney properties plus very affordable tickets- it’s limited to 6 total, but there doesn’t seem to be a limit on who you can share them with as long as the sponsor uses one of them.
This time he’s coming with us and he was able to sponsor two extra rooms so my brothers family and my family can each come. Since there are so many of us we’re paying for about half the tickets at regular Disney prices but the room discount is still a big help on the trip budget!

I think I figured out why I haven't thought about our plans yet...it's because I'm totally overwhelmed at the thought of a trip without DD12 and don't know how to plan an adult trip. When @TaraWasHere said she starts with a long list of requests and wishes is when I realized I don't have any for this trip and that's when it hit me.

My future DH has been twice once when he was like 11 (so over 30 years ago lol) and then we had our 2018 trip, so he lets me plan everything. Except for when I was a child and teen, I haven't been without DD and I feel like there's so much I want to do I don't know where to start but then on the other hand when I start to think about it I draw a blank. I know it sounds crazy 🤪

I know we want to do MNSSHP, the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and enjoy F&W. I keep going back and forth on TS meals, one day I want to do one each day and the next I'm like nah we'll do a few and try the different QS and snacks. I feel like I'm all over the place and welcome any thoughts or advice from you guys on planning an adults only trip.

Last edited:
I think I figured out why I haven't thought about our plans yet...it's because I'm totally overwhelmed at the thought of a trip without DD12 and don't know how to plan an adult trip. When @TaraWasHere said she starts with a long list of requests and wishes is when I realized I don't have any for this trip and that's when it hit me.

My future DH has been twice once when he was like 11 (so over 30 years ago lol) and then we had our 2018 trip, so he lets me plan everything. Except for when I was a child and teen, I haven't been without DD and I feel like there's so much I want to do I don't know where to start but then on the other hand when I start to think about it I draw a blank. I know it sounds crazy 🤪

I know we want to do MNSSHP, the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and enjoy F&W. I keep going back and forth on TS meals, one day I want to do one each day and the next I'm like nah we'll do a few and try the different QS and snacks. I feel like I'm all over the place and welcome any thoughts or advice.

When we go in the fall, we always get the Dining Plan to use at Epcot, then spend an entire day with no ressies just spending snack credits (and sometimes CS credits) snacking around the world. The world pavilion is so pretty, and strolling around it listening and watching the various artists around the the world while sipping and snacking on the various offerings is so much fun...and relaxing...which is rare in Disney. I think we spent well over an hour in the Appleseed orchard this year just enjoying everything they had to offer. I'm imagining this would just be pure bliss with no kids in tow. 😁

We went to MNSSHP this year. (First time) It was fun for sure, and we plan on doing it again next year. Also have California Grill on plan (hoping for brunch...but not holding my breath) I personally hate Disney Springs, just a big old shopping mall as far as I'm concerned, thought they do have so good restaurants and bars for those on an adult trip. We do like to do one sit down a day usually, except on one Epcot day during food and wine when we just munch the booths. We are staying at the Polly this year, so I think at least one night ordering the Twilight Feast is going to happen. And maybe a few Rum Dole Whips...(don't judge) Maybe you cold do some resort hopping, which can be hard when you have eager park fans in the group. I haven't been without kids in close to 20 years so maybe I'm not the best one to give any kind of advice as far as planning goes. 😝

When we go in the fall, we always get the Dining Plan to use at Epcot, then spend an entire day with no ressies just spending snack credits (and sometimes CS credits) snacking around the world. The world pavilion is so pretty, and strolling around it listening and watching the various artists around the the world while sipping and snacking on the various offerings is so much fun...and relaxing...which is rare in Disney. I think we spent well over an hour in the Appleseed orchard this year just enjoying everything they had to offer. I'm imagining this would just be pure bliss with no kids in tow. 😁

We went to MNSSHP this year. (First time) It was fun for sure, and we plan on doing it again next year. Also have California Grill on plan (hoping for brunch...but not holding my breath) I personally hate Disney Springs, just a big old shopping mall as far as I'm concerned, thought they do have so good restaurants and bars for those on an adult trip. We do like to do one sit down a day usually, except on one Epcot day during food and wine when we just munch the booths. We are staying at the Polly this year, so I think at least one night ordering the Twilight Feast is going to happen. And maybe a few Rum Dole Whips...(don't judge) Maybe you cold do some resort hopping, which can be hard when you have eager park fans in the group. I haven't been without kids in close to 20 years so maybe I'm not the best one to give any kind of advice as far as planning goes. 😝

No judging, I was thinking about grabbing a lapu lapu and watching the fireworks (if that's even allowed). You also reminded me that I want to hit Trader Sam's.

I do think we'll spend a chunk of time at Epcot and do like you said stroll around and just enjoy it.

No judging, I was thinking about grabbing a lapu lapu and watching the fireworks (if that's even allowed). You also reminded me that I want to hit Trader Sam's.

I do think we'll spend a chunk of time at Epcot and do like you said stroll around and just enjoy it.

I am sure it is complete ok for you to grab a drink and watch the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!