***Official September 2020 Thread***

The waiting is so hard sometimes. Can’t actually make reservations till next year, regardless of how ready I am to make them. Fortunately this time of year goes by pretty quick... Then comes to a screeching halt in January. :)

Last edited:
Plus there are some things I need to know before I can move too far with planning- how will RoR in HS affect crowds and FP tiers? Same with Remy’s in EPCOT. Will EMM come back in toy story land?

Makes it hard to decide if I need 2 days in either of those parks!

I posted this in the Facebook group, so sorry for those who are seeing it again, but I finally got to order the MagicBands I wanted! :banana: I've been trying for two months to get them. I'd check 2-3 times a day. I got myself the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Limited Release and my son the Darth Vader one.

We made some headway with our plans. We decided we are definitely doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and MNSSHP, we also want to have breakfast at Garden Grill, dinner at Ohana, go to Trader Sam's and maybe Jellyrolls, build a droid and visit Oga's, so we're getting there. I told DF to start thinking about how many TS meals he wants to do other than the 2 we already know we want, that way we can figure out what ADR's we want.

What are some other adult, honeymoon-y things to do while we're there?

Here's a question for everybody: do you fly or drive? I've always flown. Last time we drove. It was a long drive (19 hours) but I discovered being able to drive myself around WDW instead of relying on their transportation was awesome! Also, last time was the first time I've had park hoppers, which we really liked. I think having a car might have made that easier, too. For this trip, my son said the only way he was going was if we flew. Ugh. It's not that I don't like flying, it's all the garbage that goes along with it. Anyway, I still think I'm going to rent a car once we get there because I found it so nice to not have to depend on their transportation.

Now, flying: what airline does anybody use? Allegiant is easily the cheapest for me, but their flight schedule is so screwy. Southwest is next, but I don't like not having assigned seats. I can pay a little bit more for Delta and American Airlines, and their seats are nicer. I think that's probably what I'm going to wind up doing. Who does anybody else use?

Fly! Either American or Delta. Whichever one works best with our schedule and price. We love not having to drive down there so we rely on Disney transportation for everything.

Here's a question for everybody: do you fly or drive? I've always flown. Last time we drove. It was a long drive (19 hours) but I discovered being able to drive myself around WDW instead of relying on their transportation was awesome! Also, last time was the first time I've had park hoppers, which we really liked. I think having a car might have made that easier, too. For this trip, my son said the only way he was going was if we flew. Ugh. It's not that I don't like flying, it's all the garbage that goes along with it. Anyway, I still think I'm going to rent a car once we get there because I found it so nice to not have to depend on their transportation.

Now, flying: what airline does anybody use? Allegiant is easily the cheapest for me, but their flight schedule is so screwy. Southwest is next, but I don't like not having assigned seats. I can pay a little bit more for Delta and American Airlines, and their seats are nicer. I think that's probably what I'm going to wind up doing. Who does anybody else use?

We only live 9 hours away so economically driving has always made more sense. Plus it’s more money we can put into the entertainment budget.

I always drove but the last 2 trips we flew and it was fantastic! We use Southwest and pay the extra for Early Bird check in and never had any problems.

I always drove but the last 2 trips we flew and it was fantastic! We use Southwest and pay the extra for Early Bird check in and never had any problems.

I dunno. I can get a pretty decent rate with American right now in their main cabin. But then I have to pay for checked bags if I take any, whereas with Southwest I get 2 checked bags for "free". But with Southwest I can only book 6-7 months out. Patience isn't my strong suit. Ugh! I'm so torn. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :confused3

Wife and I took our two boys (4 and 1.5) for a week this past September. We are from Atlanta area and went during our fall break. Wife is a teacher.

Already looking at going next Sept during fall break again. Its a little later than normal. Check in would be 9/26 checkout would be 10/3.

We found out my wife has a family member that is DVC and is willing to sell us points for SUPER cheap. Like far cheaper than what ive seen on other sites selling points. We have narrowed down to three different options. Wilderness lodge, Old Key West, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Looking at doing a 2 bedroom villa and have invited closest family friends that will have a 1.5 year old at the time next year. Will be doing DDP.

Early lean is Wilderness lodge. thoughts?

Wife and I took our two boys (4 and 1.5) for a week this past September. We are from Atlanta area and went during our fall break. Wife is a teacher.

Already looking at going next Sept during fall break again. Its a little later than normal. Check in would be 9/26 checkout would be 10/3.

We found out my wife has a family member that is DVC and is willing to sell us points for SUPER cheap. Like far cheaper than what ive seen on other sites selling points. We have narrowed down to three different options. Wilderness lodge, Old Key West, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Looking at doing a 2 bedroom villa and have invited closest family friends that will have a 1.5 year old at the time next year. Will be doing DDP.

Welcome - come join us on FB also! https://www.facebook.com/groups/675673569508805/

If you need someone to volunteer to be a close family friend, I'll take one for the team and make the sacrifice. :wave:

Lookee what I got in the mail today! :jumping1:

Attachments

• bands box.jpg
    bands box.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
  • darth back.jpg
    darth back.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2
  • darth front.jpg
    darth front.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
  • SWGE back.jpg
    SWGE back.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
  • SWGE front.jpg
    SWGE front.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
  • tags.jpg
    tags.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
Anyone know if a 2020 free dining thread has been started yet?

Not that I could find, I've been looking for one myself.

Maybe it's too early? I'm hoping Disney announces FD for our dates in January like they did last year, that way i can finalize my budget and actually know what money is going where and what wiggle room we have.

Not that I could find, I've been looking for one myself.

Maybe it's too early? I'm hoping Disney announces FD for our dates in January like they did last year, that way i can finalize my budget and actually know what money is going where and what wiggle room we have.

How awesome would that be?! I don't know if they'll do it quite that early, but, if they're going to do it, I'd be willing to bet they do it earlier than normal. With the amount of PIN codes and discounts they've been offering for December - normally one of their busiest times of year - I'm thinking reservations are down. Heck, I got a PIN code - for the first time ever - that was good for up to 30% off room rates for trips through 6/31 of next year! If I were a betting man (which I am), I'd be betting on some kind of nice discount for us next year, and I'd be willing to bet they offer it sooner than later. Here's the wildcard – if crowds explode when RotR opens in December, which I don't think they will. They might see a slight uptick to begin with, but I don't think it will be an explosion or sustained. They might wait to see what crowds do in January and February once that opens before they offer any kind of discount. But that's just me making somewhat of an educated guess based on the research I've done. Take it for what it's worth.

Free dining this year was so nice. I just got lucky and saw a post about it on FB really early in the morning so was able to quickly add it to our reservation before the word really got out. Happy to have it for next year thanks to a bounceback but we normally only go every other year so this is a first for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!