**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Add me to the list of people who can't sit on the ground. I had 2 knee surgeries a couple of years ago and lost a lot of range of motion in my left knee in particular. So sitting with my legs crossed doesn't work, and I can't sit with them out straight in front of me because of my back.
On top of that, I'm 5'9 and DH is 6'3. We try not to be in anyone's way, but unfortunately it's inevitable. It's not like we can help being tall, and we've run into plenty of situations where people were annoyed we were in their way...even if we were there before them.

sorry it's taken so long to respond...work, ugh.
I have friends who have done the SW Tour and all of them have told me it is not worth it, especially now that it doesn't include the dessert party. As for the things you have not done:
1 and 2: SWaGFFA and MotFO you can do on your own, under the same sun as the tour people
3. Nothing special other than the lightsaber churros
4 Available to all and since you have the card you can get in faster
As for Trials of the Temple I have not watched any videos from DL so I can't say

Now the tour guides are knowledgeable on extra things, like they will point out the relation between Who Framed Roger Rabbit and George Lucas's ILM and a pretty cool easter egg in the display inside LB, but that's about it. If you have basic knowledge of SW you know the connection with ST and Indiana Jones
I personally wouldn't do it
I have just watched the video of Disneyworld version of trials of the temple, and the basic idea is the same, but I think the the Disneyland version is cooler. The temple rises from the ground, and there is more tension between the actors.

Based off this, I think I will skip tour, and just catch the rest.

Not sure if this was already reported but JBJB will start at DHS on Nov. 10th so if the last couple of years are an indication, the last SWaGS for Nov will be Nov 9th and it should return mid Dec for the busy holiday season

Here's to hoping they start alternating SWaGS and JBJB right after Thanksgiving... from a purely selfish perspective :rolleyes1

I would much rather see SWaGs and probably wouldn't bother with JBJB show during our trip.

ETA: Maybe it would be a good time to check out the Toy Story Land while JBJB is going....

Here's to hoping they start alternating SWaGS and JBJB right after Thanksgiving... from a purely selfish perspective :rolleyes1

I would much rather see SWaGs and probably wouldn't bother with JBJB show during our trip.

ETA: Maybe it would be a good time to check out the Toy Story Land while JBJB is going....
I haven't been to TSLand during the day, both times I've been it has been in the evening and I can tell you the draw of both Fantasmic! and SWaGS is strong. The land empties out by the last hour and a half of park operations.
BTW: if there are any reports of a middle aged lady screaming in delight inside Walt Disney Presents from yesterday that was me :) I saw the new model for Galaxy's Edge and it looks so cool

This was the most disappointing thing about our trip the week after Thanksgiving in 2016. That was the first year of JBJB and I had so been looking forward to SWaGS, it put a bit of a damper on my whole trip. We still had fun doing lots of other things, but our next trip will NOT be during the time they only show JBJB.

Huge SW fans in our family and quite bummed to hear that SWaGS is traditionally black over our Thanksgiving dates. BUT, after hearing from several that the JBJB dessert party is often the favorite of all the dessert parties, even hearing that from other SW diehards, I can't get too down. Further, does Disney ever really put out a bad fireworks show?

This was the most disappointing thing about our trip the week after Thanksgiving in 2016. That was the first year of JBJB and I had so been looking forward to SWaGS, it put a bit of a damper on my whole trip. We still had fun doing lots of other things, but our next trip will NOT be during the time they only show JBJB.
Count me in for a vote of at least alternating dates if they can't do both. Not that anybody actually votes on these things.... ;)

Huge SW fans in our family and quite bummed to hear that SWaGS is traditionally black over our Thanksgiving dates. BUT, after hearing from several that the JBJB dessert party is often the favorite of all the dessert parties, even hearing that from other SW diehards, I can't get too down. Further, does Disney ever really put out a bad fireworks show?
Oh, the JBJB party is great...I would say, based on my last experience with that one, that is by far the best dessert party on property. It's the JBJB show. We felt good we had attended the party, but weren't impressed with the show. Now that was a few years ago, so who knows, maybe it's better now. Some like it a lot.

Oh, the JBJB party is great...I would say, based on my last experience with that one, that is by far the best dessert party on property. It's the JBJB show. We felt good we had attended the party, but weren't impressed with the show. Now that was a few years ago, so who knows, maybe it's better now. Some like it a lot.
last year was a definite improvement. I really enjoyed it.

The thing with JBJB for me, is that having it means NOT having the Star Wars fireworks. I probably would have loved the show if its being there didn't mean losing something I had been looking forward to seeing for quite some time. Also, if I have to pick between something Star Wars themed or something holiday/Christmas themed, I'll go with Star Wars every.single.time.

Okay, sorry for getting off topic a bit. :duck: Back to party planning! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter