***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

How much time should I plan for BYOD and BYOLS? From appointment time to end time? It'll be pre- spring break week. 2 people building.

How much time should I plan for BYOD and BYOLS? From appointment time to end time? It'll be pre- spring break week. 2 people building.
The names used for each are Savi's ands DD, just as an fyi.
For savi's better to plan for about 45 minutes from time you check in to time you end, the actual experience is about 20 min
DD depends how long you take picking the parts, once you have the parts it's about 10 min to build. So again plan for 40 min

When my daughter was in HS January 7, they were not allowed to enter Galaxy's Edge via TSL-cast members were there turning people back. She said getting through the throngs of people at the other entrance was horrific. Is closing off the TSL entrance a regular thing now, or does it happen only on crowded days. The park opened at 7am the day they were there, and it was about 10 am when they tried to enter that way.

We used that spot as an entrance and exit freely all day yesterday.

When my daughter was in HS January 7, they were not allowed to enter Galaxy's Edge via TSL-cast members were there turning people back. She said getting through the throngs of people at the other entrance was horrific. Is closing off the TSL entrance a regular thing now, or does it happen only on crowded days. The park opened at 7am the day they were there, and it was about 10 am when they tried to enter that way.
Early in the morning it's only an exit. Later on it becomes 2 way traffic

So they just added extra magic hours in the evening for one of our nights in March at DHS. Do they open Rise of the Resistance to everyone or is that still the virtual que?

My daughter and I are going to be in Disney on our spring break, so I know it's going to be a crazy busy time period.
She really wants to see Galaxy's Edge but with all the information that I've read on here, I've warned her that most likely
we will not be able to ride ROTR.

If we do not make plans to ride that, and just want to see the rest of the area (and eat somewhere inside), what's the
process I will have to go through?

I am so lost on this virtual queue thing I've read about.. is this just for the main rides inside there, or is that to even get in to
see anything?

Could anyone help me understand how this will work. My daughter is talking of possibly wanting to make either a droid
or a light saber as well, is that possible?

How long can I expect to wait to get inside Galaxy's Edge? And how long would you plan on for seeing most of the
attractions inside (except for the rides)?

THanks for any information! :)

My daughter and I are going to be in Disney on our spring break, so I know it's going to be a crazy busy time period.
She really wants to see Galaxy's Edge but with all the information that I've read on here, I've warned her that most likely

If we do not make plans to ride that, and just want to see the rest of the area (and eat somewhere inside), what's the

I am so lost on this virtual queue thing I've read about.. is this just for the main rides inside there, or is that to even get in to
see anything?

Could anyone help me understand how this will work. My daughter is talking of possibly wanting to make either a droid

How long can I expect to wait to get inside Galaxy's Edge? And how long would you plan on for seeing most of the

You can just walk right into the land and also get in the standby line for smugglers run. If you want to build a droid or lightsaber you just need to book those experiences

see anything?

I would not be so quick to give up on riding Rise of the Resistance! You're going all that way, why not give it a shot? :)

The first two posts of this thread contain a lot of great information about getting a boarding group (assuming those are still happening in March, which is when I'm assuming you'll be there): https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/

But the quick and dirty explanation of boarding groups/vq is:
Be inside the park about 15 minutes before the posted park opening time.
Have your phone out and ready (be sure you have the My Disney Experience app on your phone and make sure you and your daughter are both listed in your app - in other words, everyone is linked up properly. If you can make fastpasses for everyone in your group by using your app, you're good to go).
When the park opens, open the app and click "Find Out More" on the first page in the box that talks about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
On the next page, hopefully you'll see a button called "Join Boarding Group" - it will be red if the boarding group process has begun. Click that, select the people you want to get a boarding pass for, click on through and you're in! Easy Peasy!

I would really be sad to see someone who truly wants to experience everything Star Wars not even try to get a boarding group. May the Force be with you!

You can just walk right into the land and also get in the standby line for smugglers run. If you want to build a droid or lightsaber you just need to book those experiences

What do you mean by booking the experiences for the droid or lightsaber? Where do I do that? Thanks!

I would not be so quick to give up on riding Rise of the Resistance! You're going all that way, why not give it a shot? :)

The first two posts of this thread contain a lot of great information about getting a boarding group (assuming those are still happening in March, which is when I'm assuming you'll be there): https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/

But the quick and dirty explanation of boarding groups/vq is:
Be inside the park about 15 minutes before the posted park opening time.
Have your phone out and ready (be sure you have the My Disney Experience app on your phone and make sure you and your daughter are both listed in your app - in other words, everyone is linked up properly. If you can make fastpasses for everyone in your group by using your app, you're good to go).
When the park opens, open the app and click "Find Out More" on the first page in the box that talks about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
On the next page, hopefully you'll see a button called "Join Boarding Group" - it will be red if the boarding group process has begun. Click that, select the people you want to get a boarding pass for, click on through and you're in! Easy Peasy!

I would really be sad to see someone who truly wants to experience everything Star Wars not even try to get a boarding group. May the Force be with you!

Thank you! I've read in to the boarding groups, and think I will try to get in on riding it. We were planning on being at the park at rope drop anyway, so I'll give the app a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario, I won't get a BG, best case that's encourage her and I to definitely get there at park opening, lol!

Thank you! I've read in to the boarding groups, and think I will try to get in on riding it. We were planning on being at the park at rope drop anyway, so I'll give the app a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario, I won't get a BG, best case that's encourage her and I to definitely get there at park opening, lol!

I highly recomend booking a reservation for Oga’s Cantina too. It’s a ton of fun. Just be aware that there’s not much food, it’s crowded, you’ll probably be standing, and there’s a 45mn time limit once served.

So they just changed the tiers and now Smugglers Run is on fast pass. Just happened to log in for my March trip and got one. Totally by luck though. You’d really think that Disney could send an email to currently booked customers advising them of this fast pass issue, but no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts