***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Nothing beats holiday traditions!

Last edited:
Starting to follow this thread. We will be attending a wedding in Dec., but don't have the official date, so we're waiting to finalize plans for once we have that.

Starting to follow this thread. We will be attending a wedding in Dec., but don't have the official date, so we're waiting to finalize plans for once we have that.

That's cool. Are the lucky couple getting married at the Disney chapel, or maybe a reception at 1 of the countries at EPCOT? Or are the events taking place off-site?

All on-site, ceremony at the chapel, not sure where the reception will be. It will be our first experience with a Disney wedding, outside of what we have seen on TV.

That's awesome. Make sure you remind the happy couple to wear their 'Just Married' pins (and/or tux and veil mouse ears). They'll get few perks here and there. And as for me, when I see those things, I will wave them in front of me, like I was a 3rd base coach. A little wedding gift from me to them.

Hi all!

We are considering our first December trip 12/26/18-1/2/19!!! I am a Christmas fanatic and Disney nut so I think it is about time to combine the two!!! Hoping for free dining as well! Our family has stayed at POFQ every time all four of us have gone. My hubby and I celebrated our 50th bdays& 26th anniversary at Food & Wine in Oct '16 at Pop. We loved it but with a 16 yr old who is 6'3 right now and still growing and our 13 yr old, double beds won't work!!!

Does anyone know when the construction at Pop will be completed? With free dining only including QS for mods we may as well save some $ and stay in a renovated room at Pop and upgrade to the dining plan!!

Happy planning everyone!!

Hi all!

We are considering our first December trip 12/26/18-1/2/19!!! I am a Christmas fanatic and Disney nut so I think it is about time to combine the two!!! Hoping for free dining as well! Our family has stayed at POFQ every time all four of us have gone. My hubby and I celebrated our 50th bdays& 26th anniversary at Food & Wine in Oct '16 at Pop. We loved it but with a 16 yr old who is 6'3 right now and still growing and our 13 yr old, double beds won't work!!!

Does anyone know when the construction at Pop will be completed? With free dining only including QS for mods we may as well save some $ and stay in a renovated room at Pop and upgrade to the dining plan!!

Happy planning everyone!!

The Pop renovations should be completed by next December. But I don't think you'll get free dining if you check in on the 26th. I'm checking in on the 22nd and booked the bounceback free dining. The 22nd was the last possible day to check in for the offer. Is there any way you could check in earlier?

The Pop renovations should be completed by next December. But I don't think you'll get free dining if you check in on the 26th. I'm checking in on the 22nd and booked the bounceback free dining. The 22nd was the last possible day to check in for the offer. Is there any way you could check in earlier?

Thank you for the reno info on Pop! It's possible we could go earlier, just not sure about changing up family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day. I was afraid free dining would be off the table but one can always hope for pixie dust!!

Thank you for the reno info on Pop! It's possible we could go earlier, just not sure about changing up family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day. I was afraid free dining would be off the table but one can always hope for pixie dust!!

It can be hard to change when you have set ideas on what you should do on the holidays.
Maybe it's time to make some new traditions! :santa:

My husband and kids were reluctant to be away from home for Christmas 3 years ago on our first Christmas trip, but they had a great time!

It can be hard to change when you have set ideas on what you should do on the holidays.
Maybe it's time to make some new traditions! :santa:

My husband and kids were reluctant to be away from home for Christmas 3 years ago on our first Christmas trip, but they had a great time!

I think I could talk my family into going over the actual holiday, but my in-laws are both in their 90's and getting the whole family together at Christmas is becoming even more important! Since we lost my Mom a few years ago keeping our kids close to their Grandparents has become a top priority! Disney on Christmas Eve/Day can be done another year! We'll see how it all shakes out! Thanks so much for your response! I am big on changing things up every once in a while

I think I could talk my family into going over the actual holiday, but my in-laws are both in their 90's and getting the whole family together at Christmas is becoming even more important! Since we lost my Mom a few years ago keeping our kids close to their Grandparents has become a top priority! Disney on Christmas Eve/Day can be done another year! We'll see how it all shakes out! Thanks so much for your response! I am big on changing things up every once in a while

I totally understand. Family is important and it gets especially tricky with aging relatives. Holidays can be especially important to them. :goodvibes

Anyways, New Year's in Disney is tons of fun too! :banana:

Anyways, New Year's in Disney is tons of fun too! :banana:

I was actually there when NYE was REALLY fun. I'm talking about New Year's Eve at Pleasure Island. Had the biggest blast there. A hard ticket event that was well worth the price.

I was actually there when NYE was REALLY fun. I'm talking about New Year's Eve at Pleasure Island. Had the biggest blast there. A hard ticket event that was well worth the price.

That was before my time so I missed out on that. Didn't they celebrate NYE every night?

They did. But it was different on the actual NYE. I got to see the Sugar Hill Gang and Blondie perform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!