***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Has anyone booked a holiday tour? I'm trying to find something that I can do for my 30th birthday while in Disney (my DH will keep the girls and I'll be doing it on my own).

Oh brother! MVMCP or DAH? What to do? I know DH wants no part in any events at MK unless it's Epcot or anywhere else so I'd be solo. :crazy: I do wish there was a DVC Moonlight Magic at Epcot this December.

Hello fellow December birthday friends! I found an article via Pinterest about how to get a personalized Disney birthday button and now I can't get to get my own.

http://stepstomagic.com/how-to-get-a-personalized-birthday-button/

For anyone not in the know: They still offer the pins for free at the entry to the park. Sometimes there's a cart out, other times it just takes a moment in at the town hall desk.
I'll save the $3-6 and add the decorations to one myself. Then use that money saved on a Dole Whip.

For anyone not in the know: They still offer the pins for free at the entry to the park. Sometimes there's a cart out, other times it just takes a moment in at the town hall desk.
I'll save the $3-6 and add the decorations to one myself. Then use that money saved on a Dole Whip.
Yes, or if staying on property, you can get one at the front desk of your resort. :)

To each their own! I would rather have a permanent souvenir of my birthday trip than spend money on a snack. I figured there was someone else out there who had never hear of them and would love one.

To each their own! I would rather have a permanent souvenir of my birthday trip than spend money on a snack. I figured there was someone else out there who had never hear of them and would love one.
Exactly right: everyone has their own way of traveling.
I was thinking of those who are fairly new to the "celebration pin" concept and pointing out that they are free (a nice little piece of magic we don't have to buy for ourselves). There is also the full selection of pins at the town hall, or cart if it is pulled out, and the cast members can get quite creative with their message. :) You can always do both!

Last edited:
Exactly right: everyone has their own way of traveling.
I was thinking of those who are fairly new to the "celebration pin" concept and pointing out that they are free (a nice little piece of magic we don't have to buy for ourselves). There is also the full selection of pins at the town hall, or cart if it is pulled out, and the cast members can get quite creative with their message. :) You can always do both!

Mea culpa for forgetting that there are newbies out there who do not know about the free celebration buttons!

Ok guys....so we have changed our flights from an EARLY morning flight on the 16th to a late afternoon flight on the 15th - we'll arrive about 7:30pm....yay for not having to get up at 2:00am to go to the airport!! Now I am in a dilemma. I have rented DVC points for our stay of the 16-23. I am debating whether to add the extra night at a Disney resort and switch resorts the next day, or just stay at the Hyatt in MCO that night and take ME the next morning as previously planned. Hmmm....

Ok guys....so we have changed our flights from an EARLY morning flight on the 16th to a late afternoon flight on the 15th - we'll arrive about 7:30pm....yay for not having to get up at 2:00am to go to the airport!! Now I am in a dilemma. I have rented DVC points for our stay of the 16-23. I am debating whether to add the extra night at a Disney resort and switch resorts the next day, or just stay at the Hyatt in MCO that night and take ME the next morning as previously planned. Hmmm....

7:30 is not terribly late. I would go for a value resort and have them transfer your luggage.

We will be at the vgf Dec 8th thru 15th. Looks like the 8th is a popular check in day. Just booked the jingle bell jingle jam dessert party for the 9 of us, hoping it will be worth it!
I just booked the Jingle Bell as well.. hopefully it is... the show looks cute and not standing in line for so long should be worth it..

Not sure if anyone can answer this question. If we bring something very small into a character meet and greet, can the character give it to my DD (as if it was from them)?

I just booked the Jingle Bell as well.. hopefully it is... the show looks cute and not standing in line for so long should be worth it..

I am looking forward to it. We have yet to do any dessert parties, mostly because I am have T1D and it will be tough to make it worth it. With alcohol included and hopefully some some other items other than dessert and this one fit into our schedule perfectly we decided to go for it. We have a late lunch at 50's prime time cafe that day then was hoping for a break, we figured nobody would be hungry yet before we came back to the park later that evening and wanted to see the Christmas stuff. This was we can eat and watch everything we would have missed if we had a late dinner reservation somewhere or stayed in the room to eat.

Hello all!
We will be going December 24th-January 2nd 2018. And I am petrified lol. I have heard the nightmare stories but this is literally the only week my whole bunch could go. There are six total, one of which has never been and we are so excited to watch him experience the magic of Disney. We LOVE Disney World and I know the parks, resorts, restaurants, and transportation very well. My concern, of course, is the crowds. I am trying to prepare my bunch for what they will experience, but also plan well so that we get the best experience possible. Can anyone answer how manageable the parks are at rope drop, and how long they stay manageable? We plan to rope drop and then have a table service meal around noon or 1:00, then break and take a nap or go to Disney Springs, then back to the parks at night. Also is the transportation doable or should we plan to uber often? Are fast pass lines super long as well? Sorry for all the questions just trying to prepare and plan so it is the best Christmas ever. It will be our first time in the World on Christmas Day!

Add me to the Roll Call Please :D We just got back from a really awesome, low crowd 10 day stay 9/6-16th at the Contemporary Atrium Club. While there, we upgraded our tickets to the Platinum Annual Passes so I decided we needed to come Christmas week to see how insane the crowds really are o_O We are really venturing out this trip by not staying Club Level. Instead, for 1/3 the price we booked AoA Nemo Family Suite with pool view. A little worried about transportation and getting a seat to eat at QS. I was able to grab some really awesome Dinner ADR's for every day. I am surprised at the availability! Our dates are December 22nd thru the 28th. Someone give me some positive vibes so I can deal with the crowds! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter