Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C

2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2086

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 65 (2/17/19 Wonder)

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I’m generally happy. It is an upgrade by a letter. A little further back than I would normally choose, but it is fine.

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10:30am and 12:30pm

9. What month is your cruise? February

Edit to add... Just realized I was in 2582 and 2584 on the Magic with my parents and we were fine. This is just the other side and one room back. AND this one doesn’t connect. Bonus!

Last edited:
#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? 8A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8A -6012
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? About 50 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No, we were assigned a handicapped accessible room without a split bathroom. But here is the nice part. After getting the assignment we called and asked if we could up grade. They let us upgrade to a 7A for $37. And then we were assigned a 4A-9612. So very happy now
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday I think
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
9. What month is your cruise? January

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A 5648
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 65
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? "Leftover" - There were 10 other cabins out of the 26 in the category (excluding handicapped) that I would rather be in due to their larger verandas. This is the first time we've sailed 6A GTY. (We came late to the party. Every other time, we were 5B midships after booking onboard during a previous cruise.) I knew the odds were against us yet I am still disappointed. I've got 65 days to get over it. ;)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder Panama Canal
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Was there when I logged in this morning around 10:30am
9. What month is your cruise? February

P.S. Verandah is smaller than indicated on DCL online deck plan and inward curving wall makes it even smaller. Noise & vibration disrupted sleep when ship speed was over 20 knots which it was on 10 of the 14 nights.

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B room 7527
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid day
9. What month is your cruise? Jan

New
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E

2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8184 Handicap accessible with wrap around verandah

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. Room is huge.

6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 10a

9. What month is your cruise? January

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 10162 AFT
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? We sail on April 29 2019 and I got the email on Christmas Day - so about 4 months.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy with it. It is the same category as what I booked but to book the GTY was cheaper than to get an assigned room at the time of booking so i feel like I got a good deal. Also, it is an AFT cabin which I am excited to try.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I received the email at 4:29 am
9. What month is your cruise? April

Several of us above have reported assignments for 2019 cruises.
I've seen that :) But the last entry is from December 27. That's why tried to see if somebody got their assignment in the last 6 days of the new year. Not for the new year. :)
But English is my second language, i guess I didn't phrased it good enough :o

We have received our assignment:

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E

2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 7194

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 75 (4/1/19 Dream)

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy. Cabin in the very middle of the aft, with a huge verandah. Exactly what we wanted.

6 What ship are you sailing? Dream

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Overnight

9. What month is your cruise? April

We are not as patiently waiting for our Feb 1st Dream Cruise lol.

Did you receive yours yet?

It sounds like you booked a *GT rate where it is the broader category or interior, ocean view, or verandah (IGT, OGT, VGT) rather than a specific category GTY such as 9C GTY. *GT rates are usually in the 14 days or so prior range while true GTYs are generally earlier. There is a separate thread for *GT rates.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
4E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4E/5048
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy, not surprised. Kids will get great benefits from this room.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? March 23

New
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C

2. What category and room # did you get? 11C

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 34

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Got exactly what I paid for.

6 What ship are you sailing? Magic

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon

9. What month is your cruise? March

It sounds like you booked a *GT rate where it is the broader category or interior, ocean view, or verandah (IGT, OGT, VGT) rather than a specific category GTY such as 9C GTY. *GT rates are usually in the 14 days or so prior range while true GTYs are generally earlier. There is a separate thread for *GT rates.

Can you please post the link to the VGT thread assignment if you know where it is?
I googled it and didn't find it.
We're VGT, 28 days out and haven't been assigned. I'm curious how other ppl are doing.
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter