Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A - 10624

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days - March 2nd 2019 on the fantasy

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Honestly, this is our first Disney cruise. I think I’m happy. Seems close to the stairs for easily moving around and also just under the deck with the pool and stuff. So seems like it will be convenient. Read some negatives about the location on here but also read about a lot of people who loved the spot. I’m happy - but I really don’t know any better.

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10:30am and 12:30pm

9. What month is your cruise? February

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A - 10624

3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days - March 2nd 2019 on the fantasy

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Honestly, this is our first Disney cruise. I think I’m happy. Seems close to the stairs for easily moving around and also just under the deck with the pool and stuff. So seems like it will be convenient. Read some negatives about the location on here but also read about a lot of people who loved the spot. I’m happy - but I really don’t know any better.

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy

7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10:30am and 12:30pm

9. What month is your cruise? February

This is the thread for GTY cabins - where you book a guarantee for a specific category (7A, 4E, etc.).

You want the IGT, OGT, VGT thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...vgt-assignments.2919036/page-81#post-60196804

Any recent GTY assignments? We're booked for end of April and haven't received ours yet. Anxiously waiting!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 7190
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days, I think. No email; just logged into my reservation and saw that the room had been assigned
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very excited - great reviews about this large, corner room!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Maybe Thursday?
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
9. What month is your cruise? May

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9760
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Excited - corner stateroom, but bummed about walk in shower and no divider curtain
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9 B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A 7502
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! It’s not connecting, and deck 7 seems great. Also close to forward elevators.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8186
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, very happy! Exactly what we wanted!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon - between 2-2:30

Just booked our 1st Disney cruise SO excited!!!

Sailing on the dream 31 May... we only booked last week and I’m already checking for my cabin assignment...

Does anyone have any experience of booking a GTY close to cruise date and when I could ‘hope’ for my cabin allocation

Just booked our 1st Disney cruise SO excited!!!

Sailing on the dream 31 May... we only booked last week and I’m already checking for my cabin assignment...

Does anyone have any experience of booking a GTY close to cruise date and when I could ‘hope’ for my cabin allocation

Did you book a specific category GTY (like 7A GTY) or a broad-type *GT (IGT, OGT, VGT)?

If the first - your reservation shows a category and GTY - could be at any point.

If the second - IGT, OGT, VGT, no specific category type - probably a couple of weeks before your cruise.

Though either could be as late as check-in at the port. You will not get an email about it. It will just show up on your reservation page.

Did you book a specific category GTY (like 7A GTY) or a broad-type *GT (IGT, OGT, VGT)?

If the first - your reservation shows a category and GTY - could be at any point.

If the second - IGT, OGT, VGT, no specific category type - probably a couple of weeks before your cruise.

Though either could be as late as check-in at the port. You will not get an email about it. It will just show up on your reservation page.

7a GTY?? I’m hoping it is soon, I’m soooo impatient

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5b #8158
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 27 ( only booked a week ago)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy (I think!!) it’s got to be an upgrade and 1st Disney cruise so just happy to be going but assuming we have a full varandah now instead of a navigators??
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?

We are deck 8 aft so if anyone has any advice or experience with this on the dream that would be great :)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5b #8158
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 27 ( only booked a week ago)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy (I think!!) it’s got to be an upgrade and 1st Disney cruise so just happy to be going but assuming we have a full varandah now instead of a navigators??
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?

We are deck 8 aft so if anyone has any advice or experience with this on the dream that would be great :)

Congratulations! You will have a full/normal balcony in the 5B. We had the same luck forward right on 8 near our son’s 11A. I’m pretty sure you are here:

2429A7A5-79FE-43E8-BEC2-7D579E4FF17C.jpeg

7a GTY?? I’m hoping it is soon, I’m soooo impatient

We booked a 7A GTY on Tuesday (April 30), and got assigned our room yesterday (5/3). I mean, I knew I wouldnt have to wait long - booking 18 days out kind of doesn't leave a lot of time.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E - 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled, to be honest. I could throw a party on our verandah for the entire aft. Our room is a handicapped room, (which we did not request), so we have an abundance of space. This may spoil us for all future cruises.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon-ish.

Everyone in my Facebook group who had GTY rooms, same discount as me, got their rooms on Tuesday. I still dont have mine.We are still 48 days out but I was surprised everyone else got theirs. I watched inventory and it looks like they assigned 20 out of 29 veranda rooms that day. Any idea as to why ours was not assigned? We have a 7a GTY

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A (Travel agent veranda rate)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C 5622
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 42
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, very happy! lowest deck for veranda but that's ok
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon - between 1:00-2:00
9. What month is your cruise? June

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C - 2132
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 247 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I got the category I paid for, but I've read a few reports of rooms in this area being noisy, so we'll see!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday (I think)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unsure
9. What month is your cruise? January

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter