Official Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2018

no one is riled up or arguing??
Sorry. People got way over-sensitive in the past when it came to potential registration issues or changes to the races (EDIT: pot calling the kettle black, I must admit), so I didn't want anyone to think I'm trying to put a damper on 2018's Tink weekend...:)

Last edited:
Has anyone received a "Thanks for participating" email with a link to early register for 2018 Tink? I got one after Light Side this year and registered for 2018, but I suspect maybe they won't do it for Tink given the issues that seem to be delaying registration for 2018 DL races?
No and I've been waiting for it. Definitely doing the PDC next year and probably the 5K with my husband!
I *just* got the "Thank you for participating" email (I didn't ever get those for the WDW Marathon or Princess weekends this year), but I don't see a registration link unless I missed it. :confused3

I *just* got the "Thank you for participating" email (I didn't ever get those for the WDW Marathon or Princess weekends this year), but I don't see a registration link unless I missed it. :confused3

Nope. There isn't one. Just got my email a little while ago too.

Hi Everyone!

I ran the tink half this year and had a blast. It was my first Disney race and it was my first time at Disneyland California (I grew up going to Disney World). I LOVED IT. Dare I say, I might like Disneyland better than Disney World? :)

Anyway, I definitely want to do the half marathon again next year and I'm going to try to sign my mom and sister up for the 5k (or 10k if the 5k sells out).

I was wondering, is it normal for registration to be so early? Last year I believe registration opened in September and now it's looking like this year it will be July?

Also, I stayed at an air bnb this year but I'm thinking I want to splurge next year and stay at a Disney hotel for maximum Disney. :D
Disneyland Hotel looked pretty nice, as did Paradise Pier. The Californian is probably too expensive though. Any tips or suggestions on this? How early in advance should you book?

2018 will be my first time doing Tinkerbell. So for those that have registered in the past, does the 5K sell out first? i want to do the 5K with my daughter and then do the Pixie Dust challenge as well. Will i need someone to help me on registration day? Normally it's just me but she wants in for the Neverland 5K next year.

2018 will be my first time doing Tinkerbell. So for those that have registered in the past, does the 5K sell out first? i want to do the 5K with my daughter and then do the Pixie Dust challenge as well. Will i need someone to help me on registration day? Normally it's just me but she wants in for the Neverland 5K next year.
The 5K field is very small since it starts in Disneyland Park. I don't know of a way to find out how many spots there are (since official results are not recorded) but I feel like it's less than 5,000 runners that can actually register. So I would absolutely register for that first.

If your daughter is under 18, you'll need to register her under your account, so I'm not sure you could get a helper even if you needed one. :)

Yes she is under 18, so I will have to be lightning quick and get registered for that right away. I knew that it went fast since it starts inside the park but was not sure how fast on average?

I'm planning to do the Pixie Dust Challenge! It will be my first rD race on the west coast, my first Disneyland trip with my husband and kids (I went several times growing up, but haven't been since I was a teenager), and with the WDW marathon I'll be running in January, I will get my first Coast to Coast medal! Needless to say, I am SUPER excited already! I already have potential condos and houses saved in a folder on vrbo, as we will likely be staying with my two sisters-in-law and their families who will be running it with me (which means we need to find a big ol' house to stay in)! Can't wait for registration to open up, to make it more of a realty!

Yeah! I'm so excited other lovely ladies (and gentlemen) that are also in for the Pixie Dust challenge. We will have to stay tuned for registration dates.

Has anybody done the Pink Coast to Coast challenge and also done another RunDisney half to get the Blue Coast to Coast? Reason I ask is I'm doing Princess and Tink and then thinking about doing the Avengers with my brother in the fall and didn't know if that would qualify me for the Blue medal.

Again so happy there are others out there already planning for Tink! :jumping1:

Yeah! I'm so excited other lovely ladies (and gentlemen) that are also in for the Pixie Dust challenge. We will have to stay tuned for registration dates.

Has anybody done the Pink Coast to Coast challenge and also done another RunDisney half to get the Blue Coast to Coast? Reason I ask is I'm doing Princess and Tink and then thinking about doing the Avengers with my brother in the fall and didn't know if that would qualify me for the Blue medal.

Depending on the policies runDisney is using at the time, you should get both your Pink and Blue Coast to Coast medals when you complete the 2018 Tink half. I did SWLS in Jan. 2017 and SWDS in April 2017 and received both the Kessel Run Challenge Medal and the Blue Coast to Coast medal. There had been some speculation before DS that runDisney wouldn't give both the Kessel Run and Blue Coast to Coast medals, but we received both wrist bands at bib pick-up. I think at this year's Tink folks were given only the Pink wrist band at bib pick up and had to go to Runner Relations to ask for the Blue. I'd say if you don't get both at Tink then you should get the Blue at Avengers.

Current written policy is you get all challenge medals you qualify for and races can count for multiple challenges.

It is true that at Tink some runners had to go request their blue band from runner relations. Note that there was no question other than looking up to see if we qualified (finished a half on the other coast) and that we hadn't already received it at a previous race that calendar year.

Who knows what 2018 will be, though. If the wording for the C2C challenges remains the same from 2017, though, you'll get both pink and blue doing just doing Princess and Tink.

Depending on the policies runDisney is using at the time, you should get both your Pink and Blue Coast to Coast medals when you complete the 2018 Tink half. I did SWLS in Jan. 2017 and SWDS in April 2017 and received both the Kessel Run Challenge Medal and the Blue Coast to Coast medal. There had been some speculation before DS that runDisney wouldn't give both the Kessel Run and Blue Coast to Coast medals, but we received both wrist bands at bib pick-up. I think at this year's Tink folks were given only the Pink wrist band at bib pick up and had to go to Runner Relations to ask for the Blue. I'd say if you don't get both at Tink then you should get the Blue at Avengers.

I know from watching a couple of YouTubers I follow that did Tink last year I saw they got their Pink and Blue medal at the same time during the 2016 Run. I just hadn't heard people getting their Blue this year after doing Princess this year as well. Either way it sounds like the Avengers would work to get Blue. Thanks!
Current written policy is you get all challenge medals you qualify for and races can count for multiple challenges.

It is true that at Tink some runners had to go request their blue band from runner relations. Note that there was no question other than looking up to see if we qualified (finished a half on the other coast) and that we hadn't already received it at a previous race that calendar year.

Who knows what 2018 will be, though. If the wording for the C2C challenges remains the same from 2017, though, you'll get both pink and blue doing just doing Princess and Tink.

You are absolutely right 2018 might shake things up! Who knows what RunDisney will come up with. It's great to hear that runners did get their Blue at Tink this year.

I'm in for PDC again once registration opens! Never again for that 5K though. Looking forward to next year!

Does the PDC sell out quickly? I'm thinking about going for that next year instead of just the half marathon.

The AP runDisney page no longer has any event dates or early registration dates listed for Tink, even though they were all there last week. They've switched everything thing over to the generic "stay tuned" message they've been using for Light Side. I wish they would just come out and say why there's a holdup with California registrations for next year!!

The AP runDisney page no longer has any event dates or early registration dates listed for Tink, even though they were all there last week. They've switched everything thing over to the generic "stay tuned" message they've been using for Light Side. I wish they would just come out and say why there's a holdup with California registrations for next year!!
I noticed they took the dates down too. I was listening to a podcast the other day that said they received an email from someone at runDisney that said there is some fighting within the runDisney west team. They also said Light Side might or might not happen :(

Does the PDC sell out quickly? I'm thinking about going for that next year instead of just the half marathon.
I think I registered for PDC 2017 in February 2017... They were even letting people sign up at the expo. If you know you want to do it I would sign up, but probability is high that it won't sell out too quickly.

I know from watching a couple of YouTubers I follow that did Tink last year I saw they got their Pink and Blue medal at the same time during the 2016 Run. I just hadn't heard people getting their Blue this year after doing Princess this year as well. Either way it sounds like the Avengers would work to get Blue. Thanks!

I got both pink and blue at Tink this year. I had to go to runner relations and ask for the blue band, though. As someone mentioned, they checked my ID and looked to be sure I'd done another race at WDW this year and had not yet received the blue C2C, but then gave me the other band.

I'm in for the half marathon. Originally I wanted to do the PDC, but I'm already doing the Two Course Challenge at W&D in November, the 5K/10K/Half at Princess in February, and with work & grad school, I just don't think I'll be able to commit to another challenge weekend. Especially one that's on the west coast. BUT, I still want that pink C2C medal, lol, so I'm dragging my DH with me to Disneyland. It'll be fun, since he's never been to DL, let alone California.

Looking at staying at either the DL Hotel or Grand Californian. It'll depend on which one has availability with military discount during race weekend. I'd prefer DL Hotel since that's where the expo will be held, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!