Official Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2018

The only bright side about this weirdness is it might open up the possibility of doing the race my trainer runs in Colorado. I've been telling him for years I'll do Colfax the problem is I normally head out of town right before Tink. Which is the week before Colfax. But damn I am finally finishing Comunity College next year after being stuck for so long because of medical stuff. The races were going to be part of the celebration I really hope it stays.

Anybody have any news or updates? I've been following Light Side 2018 for awhile to see if any cali races are happening next year. I really hope some kind of news, good or bad, comes up soon! :(
I haven't heard anything about 2018 races at Disneyland. I did the Tinker Bell this past May and want to do it again, I've e-mailed and called Run Disney, so far I've gotten the run around...they said it should be available, but when pressed for dates, they have no info...totally bummed

The plot thickens... there are Grad nights offered Mothers Day weekend, which there were not last year. It seems like a quick turnaround to kick them out at 2 and have racers after 5....

The plot thickens... there are Grad nights offered Mothers Day weekend, which there were not last year. It seems like a quick turnaround to kick them out at 2 and have racers after 5....

And now I'm actually nervous :crazy2:

Granted it's Disney. They could easily still try to pull that short turnaround off. The extra money from a Grad Nite might be worth it.

And now I'm actually nervous :crazy2:

Granted it's Disney. They could easily still try to pull that short turnaround off. The extra money from a Grad Nite might be worth it.

I remember seeing signs for grad night during the 10k for parent drop off.... I looked it up and it said for 2017 it was May 5th and 6th which would have been Friday and Saturday... so hopefully that doesnt indicate anything! trying to be optimistics!!!

But they didn't have it May 12/13 last year which was race weekend. That was the only weekend it wasn't offered during the Grad night season. I agree it might only mean Disney is trying to squeeze every penny out of the Grads and nothing about the race.... hopefully.

But they didn't have it May 12/13 last year which was race weekend. That was the only weekend it wasn't offered during the Grad night season. I agree it might only mean Disney is trying to squeeze every penny out of the Grads and nothing about the race.... hopefully.
ok I totally flaked on the dates of tink (bc we flew out EARLY to spend extra days) OR maybe they are listening to all of those that complained and moving it out of mothers day weekend in hopes it will sell out! I remember the first year they moved it how upset people were....

I'm definitely less and less optimistic about Disneyland races next year. I'm pretty bummed, but decided I'll make a trip out to DLR no matter what. Of course I'd be overjoyed if they end up doing the Tink races, especially because I don't know of another year when I'll get my coast to coast!

Mother's Day weekend really does suck! That would be fantastic if they moved it.

This doesn't sound promising at all! My optimism is definitely taking a hit. That would indeed be a very quick turnaround.

Count me among the list of people who don't want it moved. In fact the move is why I started running it in the first place I like the weekend it is. It's my birthday weekend and I like treating it as a mother-daughter trip with my mom.

But as long as PDC continues to be offered and they don't throw it on a weekend I can't make work, I'll likely still stick with it even with a move.

I took a chance and booked a room...I can cancel if it need be, at least I have something if anything materializes.

After having so much fun this weekend with the Disneyland 10K, I'm bummed about having no news.

so disappointing to hear all the news about no disneyland races for 2018 ~~ i just wish they would make an announcement so we can all get on with our lives and make alternate travel plans for 2018! I am holding off booking anything right now b/c if they cancel Tink we are not going to go in May (breaking tradition since 2012) but move our trip to April instead, our one and only 2018 trip before our APs expire. :(
As painful as it might be we need to rip the band-aid off and deal with the decision :faint:

I agree. I have Sept 16 as my "pull the bandaid" date. We are DVC and if we don't race, we want to move our trip up a few weeks. No need to deal with Mother's Day and Grad Nights if we don't have to! I need to do that before the 7 month booking window opens on the earlier dates. So.... you got 10 days Disney!

I agree. I have Sept 16 as my "pull the bandaid" date. We are DVC and if we don't race, we want to move our trip up a few weeks. No need to deal with Mother's Day and Grad Nights if we don't have to! I need to do that before the 7 month booking window opens on the earlier dates. So.... you got 10 days Disney!
We are DVC and are in a similar position. It's very frustrating. I wish they'd just say SOMETHING. This silence, especially with the Disneyland Half behind us, is passing the ridiculous point!

we aren't DVC but if Tink does not happen we want to go for Dapper Days in April and since we would like to stay at the Grand I need to start planning/saving for that now!

Some friends and I were just talking today about doing Tink as a girls' weekend. Hope they give us info soon. We have hotels booked for Star Wars race weekend and are waiting for that info too.

giphy.gif

I am getting so impatient!! Please just put me out of my misery rD!

I'm a Tink legacy runner and I'm so sad about the possibility of not racing next year. I'm doing the Fairy Tale challenge in Feb, my first WDW race and was hoping to get a pink coast to coast. It's not looking good for DL races next year though, the Disneyland Hotel has rooms available for race weekends and they usually do not have them available on the website; the website usually tells you to call for race weekends. But I agree with others, rD needs to just man up and make an announcement....so frustrated.

I'm a Tink legacy runner and I'm so sad about the possibility of not racing next year. I'm doing the Fairy Tale challenge in Feb, my first WDW race and was hoping to get a pink coast to coast. It's not looking good for DL races next year though, the Disneyland Hotel has rooms available for race weekends and they usually do not have them available on the website; the website usually tells you to call for race weekends. But I agree with others, rD needs to just man up and make an announcement....so frustrated.

I'm a Tink legacy too and will be SO disappointed to not have the races that weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter