Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

What is the course for the 10k this year? I know they changed the 5k to take it out of AK. Where does the half run?
10K course should be the same as last year/this years Star Wars 10K. It starts at MK parking lot and runs to Epcot. Half starts at MK parking lot and runs through AK, DHS, and finishes at Epcot.

I’m not that surprised the half sold out before the challenge. I am only returning to Wine & Dine for the anniversary weekend. The 10k/challenge didn’t exist when I last ran Wine & Dine, so it doesn’t have any sentimental value for me. (And, as @Keels said, the course stinks so I would rather get some sleep.) So, I chose to just register for the half. I’m sure I’m not alone in my thinking.

Remember when the W&D challenge was a 5k ("Jingle Jungle" through AK) in the morning and the half and party at night? I trained for up to 16 miles since that is the total miles I'd be running in a day.

What is the course for the 10k this year? I know they changed the 5k to take it out of AK. Where does the half run?
To be determined. I believe the 10k course has changed every year. While the half marathon course changed when it switched from a night to a morning race, it historically goes through AK, HS and Epcot.

Remember when the W&D challenge was a 5k ("Jingle Jungle" through AK) in the morning and the half and party at night? I trained for up to 16 miles since that is the total miles I'd be running in a day.
Yes! I never ran the 5k (while I ran the half three times) for that very reason. Crazy!

“Runners started arriving around 5:00 am at Disney’s Wide World of Sports for the 7:00 am race start.”

:eek: Start arriving at 5am? So much sleep!

I did one of the races with my friend one year and she was CRAZED about getting on the first bus out of our resort at 3am. We were the first ones waiting for the bus (nobody else showed up to even wait for like 30 minutes after we got there), and when we finally got to the assembly area it was actually pretty crowded already with people in lines for the characters.

I didn’t realize it was the 10th year for w&d. Now it makes sense why it’s selling out so fast compared to other races the past 3 years or so. Can’t wait. This is such a great weekend.

I didn’t realize it was the 10th year for w&d. Now it makes sense why it’s selling out so fast compared to other races the past 3 years or so. Can’t wait. This is such a great weekend.
The anniversary played into I'm sure, but really it only sold out a few days faster than last year.
2019 March 19 on sale & sold out March 22.
2018 March 20 on sale & sold out March 26.

If/When the Challenge sells out will say more over how it sold last year.

I think Wine & Dine is also a smaller race field size still unless that's changed so it's hard to compare sellouts -
Wine & Dine 2018 (sold out) Total Finishers 12477
Princess 2019 (Not sure if it actually ever sold out?) Total Finishers 20101
Jan Half (Not sure if it actually ever sold out?) Total Finishers 18419

The anniversary played into I'm sure, but really it only sold out a few days faster than last year.
2019 March 19 on sale & sold out March 22.
2018 March 20 on sale & sold out March 26.

If/When the Challenge sells out will say more over how it sold last year.

I think Wine & Dine is also a smaller race field size still unless that's changed so it's hard to compare sellouts -
Wine & Dine 2018 (sold out) Total Finishers 12477
Princess 2019 (Not sure if it actually ever sold out?) Total Finishers 20101
Jan Half (Not sure if it actually ever sold out?) Total Finishers 18419

The princess half and marathon half didn't sell out in 2019.

10K course should be the same as last year/this years Star Wars 10K. It starts at MK parking lot and runs to Epcot. Half starts at MK parking lot and runs through AK, DHS, and finishes at Epcot.

Just looked at Star Wars 10K. If this is the expected Food and Wine 10K course, then I'm pretty disappointment. It looks like plenty of road miles with a short jog around World Showcase. I had hoped for the Marathon Weekend 10K, that one was wonderful. After we finished that I thought about going over to the expo and registering for the Marathon Weekend Half Marathon. I looked at the course and decided to pass, again way too many road miles vs park time.
I know it's all a balancing act for RD between park time and road time and fewest amount of start/finish locations. In the end I feel that sometimes theses courses could be a bit more inspired.

Just looked at Star Wars 10K. If this is the expected Food and Wine 10K course, then I'm pretty disappointment. It looks like plenty of road miles with a short jog around World Showcase. I had hoped for the Marathon Weekend 10K, that one was wonderful. After we finished that I thought about going over to the expo and registering for the Marathon Weekend Half Marathon. I looked at the course and decided to pass, again way too many road miles vs park time.
I know it's all a balancing act for RD between park time and road time and fewest amount of start/finish locations. In the end I feel that sometimes theses courses could be a bit more inspired.
2018 wine and dine 10K was the same. It wasn't my favorite but I didn't hate it either. They could certainly do better. I would rather just run the 10K course from marathon weekend again.

2018 wine and dine 10K was the same. It wasn't my favorite but I didn't hate it either. They could certainly do better. I would rather just run the 10K course from marathon weekend again.

I feel like this is exactly it. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I think I preferred the 2017 10K, but I honestly can't remember.

What is the 10k course for W&D? I had hoped it was the same as marathon weekend and I love that course so bummed out isn't that.

What is the 10k course for W&D? I had hoped it was the same as marathon weekend and I love that course so bummed out isn't that.
No same as 2019 Star Wars course.

Starts at MK parking lot and runs to Epcot.

Signed up for the Challenge, my first W&D race! Was hoping I could wait another month or so to sign up so my bank account doesn't yell at me, but after seeing that the half already sold out, I didn't want to risk it -_-

Excited for this weekend though! Doing the Halloween Party on 10/29, and coming with a friend local to Disneyland, but it'll be her first time in WDW. Should be a fun one!

I signed up for the half right when it opened. This will be my first race altogether; I am already training in hopes that I can ease into it without too much pain . We're staying from the 1st until the 8th, and bringing my toddler as well. I am super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!