Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

So I am curious, since WDW is allowing ADR’s for November, do you think they are doing them for full capacity? Right now Florida is at 25% capacity and requiring masks for restaurants. We have not idea when Florida will be at 100%/normal capacity. So really curious to know how WDW is handling ADR’s right now not know when that will change - assuming the Parks are open in November. Of course if they are not at 100% capacity by November I am not sure how RunDisney will be able to handle a race.

Got all my reservations this morning:
11/7 - 5:15pm dinner at The Boathouse (early night for the early Sunday wake-up)
11/8 - 1:00pm Hollywood Brown Derby lunch
11/8 - 5:30pm Chefs de France (may cancel - seems like too much food for one day)
11/9 - 12:30pm Be Our Guest lunch
11/10 - 12:15pm Tiffins lunch

Quick and painless - no issues with booking. Did it all from my computer.

So I am curious, since WDW is allowing ADR’s for November, do you think they are doing them for full capacity? Right now Florida is at 25% capacity and requiring masks for restaurants. We have not idea when Florida will be at 100%/normal capacity. So really curious to know how WDW is handling ADR’s right now not know when that will change - assuming the Parks are open in November. Of course if they are not at 100% capacity by November I am not sure how RunDisney will be able to handle a race.
Disney was allowing reservations as normal for everything in June until last week. Disney is working on a week by week basis right now.

I still haven't booked my room so I can't make ADRs. I was hoping to use the DVC points from my canceled May trip but I can only get random nights at different resorts - everything else is waitlist. So, I'll probably watch for a cash deal or use my Marriott points at the Swolfin. I'm only coming in for the Half as a lead-up during training for the full in January anyway, so only need a few nights.

I still haven't booked my room so I can't make ADRs. I was hoping to use the DVC points from my canceled May trip but I can only get random nights at different resorts - everything else is waitlist. So, I'll probably watch for a cash deal or use my Marriott points at the Swolfin. I'm only coming in for the Half as a lead-up during training for the full in January anyway, so only need a few nights.
you can still do ADRs 180 days out without a hotel on the books you just have to go in and do it one day at a time instead of having the 180+10 perk

To keep the positive notes going, what are everyone's ADRs?

We have lots but we like sit down meals. Hoping Takumi-Tei opens for November 2nd though as I rather Homecomin on October 30th but I'll give it another week or two and then I'll drop one of them. Also very split on if we'll keep V&A or not but some of that depends on if F&W has any special events or not.

View attachment 493528
My spreadsheet looks almost identical as far as format and even some of the same restaurants! For our ADRs, right now, they are all dinner
11/4 - Sanaa
11/5 - Hollywood Brown Derby
11/6 - Chefs of France
11/7 - Hollywood and Vine
11/8 - nothing due to Wine and Dine party
11/9 - targeting BOG

How'd we do?

Last edited:
This is our current plan. We're staying at AoA and probably flying in. Both have the Dining Plan Plus. Running the half. Our TA was able to snag us a V&A reservation, but it was the night of W&D :( But she wanted to give us the first right of refusal which was super dope and nice of her.

Friday 11/6 - AK
  • Dinner at Tiffins
Saturday 11/7 - No park. sleep in and chill and Expo
  • Lunch at Morimoto Asia
  • early-ish Dinner at Sebastian's Bistro
Sunday 11/8 - HWS then Epcot the moment we can get in with our W&D ticket haha
  • Brunch at Topolino's after the race!
  • Oga's reservation
Monday 11/9 - MK
  • Lunch at Skippers Canteen
  • Dinner at Narcoosee's
Tuesday 11/10 - Home
  • Breakfast at Ale and Compass if needed/wanted
As you can see, we would rather sleep in than get up for a breakfast haha. We figured we're going to crash so hard after running 13.1 miles then raging Sunday night. I told our TA no fastpasses before 10:30AM on Monday for MK. We're also way more down to use credits on dope lunches/dinners and fend for ourselves on breakfasts - probably where we will utilize our Quick Service credits.

A random thought crossed my mind while out walking at lunch. Wine & Dine is typically the smallest capacity race at WDW. I wonder if they might be considering moving it to the Marathon Weekend/Princess staging area and course setup to see how the smaller number of participants works out from a safety and social distancing on course set up? That could allow them to better assess whether more bibs could safely be allocated for MW. Interesting to speculate on, at least.

A random thought crossed my mind while out walking at lunch. Wine & Dine is typically the smallest capacity race at WDW. I wonder if they might be considering moving it to the Marathon Weekend/Princess staging area and course setup to see how the smaller number of participants works out from a safety and social distancing on course set up? That could allow them to better assess whether more bibs could safely be allocated for MW. Interesting to speculate on, at least.
Yes, I like this idea - if it helps our race to happen, I think runDisney should definitely do this. Who can we email? :) :thumbsup2

So, just in case anyone cares, themes for Wine & Dine Weekend were released on May 2nd last year (yes I went thru last year's thread).....OBVIOUSLY this year is different in many, many ways but maybe we can get some 'cheering up' from Disney with the release of some themes soon!

It is a shame registration was at the beginning of March. If it was a few weeks later, they may have been able to severely limited the field like they are doing for January. There is no way to get the milk back in the cow now. Yes, the numbers for Wine and Dine are smaller but still pretty huge. If they had a smaller field, I think doing it as a test run might have worked.

I wonder if there are folks who would accept a refund because they do not feel safe and if it would be enough to limit the field and then proceed with your idea? Judging by how fast the Marathon weekend races sold out, I doubt there would be enough people who would give up their registration.

It is a shame registration was at the beginning of March. If it was a few weeks later, they may have been able to severely limited the field like they are doing for January. There is no way to get the milk back in the cow now. Yes, the numbers for Wine and Dine are smaller but still pretty huge. If they had a smaller field, I think doing it as a test run might have worked.

I wonder if there are folks who would accept a refund because they do not feel safe and if it would be enough to limit the field and then proceed with your idea? Judging by how fast the Marathon weekend races sold out, I doubt there would be enough people who would give up their registration.

I think it’s very likely that travel restrictions will prevent a significant number of international runners, but I don’t know how many that would actually decrease the field size by. If I remember my numbers correctly, I think W&D usually has ~12-13,000 half marathon runners. Moving to the Marathon Weekend course would mean they’d be running the course at about 50% of capacity, maybe a bit more. Add in some staggered arrival times and perhaps more spread out corral releases and you might still have a good test bed. It would be interesting to know just how much they constrained the Marathon Weekend registration numbers so we’d have a bit more data to play with.

I'd be really bummed if they moved to the marathon weekend course though. A big reason I signed up is for the different course.

I'd be really bummed if they moved to the marathon weekend course though. A big reason I signed up is for the different course.

I expect any races for the next little while are going to have redesigned courses. Maybe not a 100% redesign but attempts to eliminate as many choke points as possible as keep the course as wide as possible. Obviously can't remove all of them and still run through the parks but places where they can redirect things to a wider road or change how an out and back is setup I think they'll try to do.

I think offering people an out with a refund would result in a useful cut in the field, but the question of profitability of the event would still be in question. The loss of international participants suggested above. There are people who need the money due to loss of income during the current situation and may be willing to take the refund today. Parents are burning through their vacation trying to deal with home, school, and work obligations, and will not be able to swing taking additional days of vacation- paid or not. These groups are likely to exist now and be willing to consider a refund.
There are going to be people not comfortable going, and they may take a bit longer to jump on a refund as they weigh the every changing public health aspects of the situation.

I am curious if they would cancel the kids races, It makes it harder to be a family racecation when half of the family is not racing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter