Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

It will be interesting to see what the merchandise/coral situation will be like with this weekend being the first that those club Disney benefits kick in

I just want my mile magnet and to not be penalized by being back in the last coral with my estimated pace

It will be interesting to see what the merchandise/coral situation will be like with this weekend being the first that those club Disney benefits kick in

I just want my mile magnet and to not be penalized by being back in the last coral with my estimated pace

This! I missed my mile magnet for Wine and Dine this past year because I couldn't get to the expo until it opened Friday morning and had to buy resale. I'm a little worried to see how fast those are going to go now

This! I missed my mile magnet for Wine and Dine this past year because I couldn't get to the expo until it opened Friday morning and had to buy resale. I'm a little worried to see how fast those are going to go now
I preordered the magnet/logo pin bundle for myself but needed a second one for my sister not arriving till Friday and had to poke around to find another 10K one Thursday about an hour and a half into opening as the peg in the 10K section was empty but there was another section with every magnet in stock

For those of you who have done Wine and Dine before, what are the park crowds like over the weekend? TouringPlans has them pretty large, up to 7's and 8's.

For those of you who have done Wine and Dine before, what are the park crowds like over the weekend? TouringPlans has them pretty large, up to 7's and 8's.
It really depends .... FWIW this years weekend starts during the end of Jersey Week and is also the weekend that they normally do Christmas Special taping so I’m bracing for it to be bad

It really depends .... FWIW this years weekend starts during the end of Jersey Week and is also the weekend that they normally do Christmas Special taping so I’m bracing for it to be bad

Maybe going down Wednesday and doing parks through Friday? TP has the crowds significantly lower on the weekdays than the weekend.

Registered
Hotel Booked ✅
Costumes Planned

We've got our hotel booked too! No thoughts on costumes and just waiting on registration day! No AP right now so I have to stress and get in on regular day. I'll be taking the day off from work! (No way to do it with a classroom full of kids!)

We've got our hotel booked too! No thoughts on costumes and just waiting on registration day! No AP right now so I have to stress and get in on regular day. I'll be taking the day off from work! (No way to do it with a classroom full of kids!)
I think I may wait and see what the villain themes are (though I’m also kind of wanting to do Cookie Anne)

I think I may wait and see what the villain themes are (though I’m also kind of wanting to do Cookie Anne)

Oooo, yeah, we'll wait until we get more info to decide on costumes and figure out what we're going to do. Ours are never that elaborate anyways. We're fans of spins on chefs. So we'll see.

ETA: the ooo, was me ooohing over Cookie Ann. We're huge fans of Duffy!

Oooo, yeah, we'll wait until we get more info to decide on costumes and figure out what we're going to do. Ours are never that elaborate anyways. We're fans of spins on chefs. So we'll see.

ETA: the ooo, was me ooohing over Cookie Ann. We're huge fans of Duffy!
My costumes are fairly basic as well ...
I’ve done Anna WD 10k 2016, Rapunzel WD 10k 2017, Newsie/Han Solo mash up SW 5K 2018, Kylo Ren SW 10k 2018, Belle WD 10k 2018, Roger Rabbit WD 5K 2019 and Casual Elsa WD 10K 2019
—-
I wish Duffy and Friends had a presence in the American parks....

I've always gotten super lucky and registration has opened when I've been on my prep period or the kids have a work day. Hoping that review day luck continues for this year!

Also booked a hotel. Planning to register for the challenge. I feel like everyone I talked to at marathon weekend was also doing wine and dine.

Marathon weekend has made me very much want to do Wine & Dine, but I don't want to do a solo trip. Haven't spoken to my sister yet, but I assume it's a no-go because of school. I mentioned it in passing to a friend to see if she might be someone to ask, but she can't take off then. So things are not looking good for me coming down.
I think the moral of the story is that I either need to make more friends or get the few friends I have more interested in runDisney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter