Official Wine & Dine 2018

This week has been such a blur w/ the end of DST. This is the first time that I’ve had to get right back into training mode following W&D. I didn’t get my first run in until Thursday b/c my ankles were still a bit sore from all the standing before the races. They weren’t too bad after the half on Sunday, but they really got stiff during the drive back on Monday. I’m worried about how I’m going to end up after the marathon. :(

We got to the Expo on Friday afternoon, & was disappointed that the only things I had wanted (magnets for the race weekend & Challenge) were already gone. I got the small acrylic magnet & Tervis mug instead.

Once again, I’m extremely grateful for the text group! :worship: I’ve been missing it this week, lol. Thank you @croach for organizing that! Part of the reason I haven’t been on the boards since I got back is that my laptop isn’t cooperating, & trying to type all of this on my phone isn’t ideal.

Even though I didn’t meet anyone, it was a lot of fun following along w/ everyone during the weekend. Knowing which characters were out & where they were definitely made the 10K & Half so much more enjoyable since I could plan for who I wanted to stop for. Not having to run up to see which character the stop was for & then run back to the end of the line made for a 1000% better race experience. :D
Thank you to @rteetz, @KSellers88 & @croach (did I miss anyone else?) for giving the character updates during the 10K & Half. You all rock!! :rockband:
Thanks to everyone else who provided updates on the Expo/traffic/bus waits/beer stand operations/etc throughout the weekend.

Despite the weather being all over the place, I had so much fun during the races. Even though we got rained on for the Half, it wasn’t enough to get soaked, & it didn’t last the whole time, so I wasn’t mad about it. I wore a visor & my hair in a braid, yet my frizz could not be tamed, lol. :crazy2:

The rain did suck for the after-party, though. We had rain jackets & an umbrella, but we were so tired. We watched Illuminations, then rode FEA, Soarin’ & Spaceship Earth. Didn’t eat or drink anything. I was still full from CG brunch, but also couldn’t fathom trying to eat/drink/hold an umbrella in the rain. I think it was almost 11:30 by the time we left the party. I’d have to skip CG brunch & just chill at the resort if I want stay for the party again.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue w/ W&D weekend, but since 2019 is an anniversary, I think I’ll have to, as long as I can get in during registration.

Just got back from a short-ish run. Yay for cooler weather! :-)

@KattyBelle I drove back a few hours after the half. Put calf sleeves on right after the race/shower and they felt awesome. My quads were a little sore so I ordered some quad compression sleeves too for next time.

I’ve worn compression sleeves before, but they bothered the top of my achilles, so I switched to knee high compression socks.

I wore compression socks for the half, but my ankles were already irritated from the standing around the 10K/half/waiting for various buses throughout the weekend. I did an epsom salt soak on Saturday, but didn’t have time on Sunday. I ran 12miles on 10/27 as part of the marathon training, & I had zero issues afterwards. I’m curious how I’ll feel after 15miles next Saturday since that will be my longest run ever.

My legs were otherwise fine after W&D. Had some slight soreness in my glutes - those ramps/overpasses definitely qualify as “hills” to me. My ankles just suck. :worried:

I anticipate that I’ll need to get ice for my ankles as soon as I finish the full, & then do an ice bath and/or epsom salt soak as soon as I get back to the room. :guilty:

So bummed out that a car magnet that I wanted for the half was sold out at the Expo on the second day but I just saw one listed on EBay for $60!!!! Some people are just so greedy!!!! There should be limits so that they are available to more people.
Jojo

Agreed and yes I know they prob will ignore me but I emailed Disney about it anyway :( That was 1 of the 2 things I wanted and I got neither! Now I'm gonna preorder for the Princess but have to buy 4 items when I only want 2. Just crazy.

Hi all! I know that I am getting to this REALLY late, but did anyone else have issues linking their rD photos to their MDE account? I receive a message that media had been added, then the pics are not there. :(

I did, but I found no real deals. Zulily had some good deals a month ago.

Yep I ordered last time they were on Zulily but I’m wanting their closed toe shoes now. Was hoping they had some good deals to convince DH that another pair was necessary lol.

Yep I ordered last time they were on Zulily but I’m wanting their closed toe shoes now. Was hoping they had some good deals to convince DH that another pair was necessary lol.
I think at the expo they might have been a few dollars less but I don't remember exactly, just that it wasn't a deal. I ordered from zulily and got 2 of the 3 pairs I ordered and of course the slides I really wanted got refunded instead :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter