Official Wine & Dine 2018

My friend and I are hoping to do the 5K and 10K at the 2018 Wine and Dine. Anyone know how quickly these races sold out last year?? If we get on and register for the 10K as soon as the window opens, will the 5K still be available? Or can you do both at once?? I am new to RunDisney so any guidance is greatly appreciated!!

My friend and I are hoping to do the 5K and 10K at the 2018 Wine and Dine. Anyone know how quickly these races sold out last year?? If we get on and register for the 10K as soon as the window opens, will the 5K still be available? Or can you do both at once?? I am new to RunDisney so any guidance is greatly appreciated!!
Each of you will need your own Active account and you will each need to register for the races separately.

I would suggest signing up for the 10K first - the 10K is part of the challenge for this race weekend, so there are less 10k-dedicated bibs since about 7,000 of the spots will be taken up by challenge runners.

I think if you are both ready to go right when registration opens, you'll be fine. Make sure you each set up your Active.com accounts before registration day begins, sign into those accounts and be ready to go a bit before noon! :)

Each of you will need your own Active account and you will each need to register for the races separately.

I would suggest signing up for the 10K first - the 10K is part of the challenge for this race weekend, so there are less 10k-dedicated bibs since about 7,000 of the spots will be taken up by challenge runners.

I think if you are both ready to go right when registration opens, you'll be fine. Make sure you each set up your Active.com accounts before registration day begins, sign into those accounts and be ready to go a bit before noon! :)
Agree with all of this! I also make sure I have a credit card associated with the active account so that’s all set to go.

Agree with all of this! I also make sure I have a credit card associated with the active account so that’s all set to go.
I have an active account as well, but I am not sure if I have a credit card associated with the account, or better yet...where to go on the account web to find out and enter a card if not?

I have an active account as well, but I am not sure if I have a credit card associated with the account, or better yet...where to go on the account web to find out and enter a card if not?
FWIW I do not keep a credit card on account with Active and enter it anew each time I register - haven't missed out on a registration yet!

FWIW I do not keep a credit card on account with Active and enter it anew each time I register - haven't missed out on a registration yet!
That has been my practice as well, but I kinda panicked as I have never registered for such a popular race. That is if you don't count the Princess runs back in 2017, and that I had to go BACK into the que as my DS decided he wanted to run as well. Now that I think about it, we both got what we wanted DURING open registration so I'm calming now and will leave my active account without a card. These days its safer.

Now that I think about it, we both got what we wanted DURING open registration so I'm calming now and will leave my active account without a card. These days its safer.
I honestly don't worry about that as I use AMEX and they are really on top of any issues I might ever have with the card. My general practice is NOT to store credit cards online. I only do it with Active as is helps me breeze through registrations faster. Obviously it's doable without that.

Did my first outside run since an august half except for a 5k turkey trot. I have no excuse, I live near Seattle and have trained outside through the winter before but I like being warm in the gym. The 7 miles today weren't bad but weren't much different from the 8 I did at the gym on the treadmill last week. Already trying to convince myself to do the 9.5 outside next week and not the gym.

Now that I think about it, we both got what we wanted DURING open registration so I'm calming now and will leave my active account without a card. These days its safer.

Not really. The sites usually link to a payment processor that houses the card and if you've ever used that processor they have the card already. If there is a breach it is unlikely to matter if your card is stored or not. Plus, the actual valuable data stored at Active is your personal information. A credit card that is breached is replaced and the old card rendered useless. Personal data that is taken is taken for ever.

My company is hiring if anyone wants to move to Southwest Florida (and you qualify)

~ HR Manager
~ Welder
~ CNC Machinist (Highly Skilled)
~ Maintenance (Mechanical/Electrical)

I love that you always share the hiring posts! Some day I'm going to find something the hubs qualifies for! I need to get back to FL!

This was our experience in 2017: (I have an AP, but DP only had a party ticket so no additional time beyond time allotted to the After Party)
•Walked back to Italy to meet friends
•Watched Illuminations
•Strolled anti-clockwise sampling from 85% food booths to the Oddessy (Goal for the trip was at least one thing from each booth)
•Stopped at China to look for Shanghai opening merch and have photopass with light up lotus flower
•Stopped at Norway so DP could ride Frozen Ever After for the first time (Spoiler: "I'm glad we didn't waste a FastPass on THAT"--I know blasphemy. Not sure how he is allowed to still come to WDW with me....)
•Stopped at Mexico for pics with Coco exhibit and ride Grand Fiesta Tour and a margarita from La Cava
•Found Test Track to be broken down
•Tried to ride Mission: Space. Got yelled at by a Disney suit
•Went to ride Soarin' (maybe Spaceship Earth beforehand?)
•Resumed circle food tour of the lagoon near Mexico including Future World food booths
•Add extra time for chatting with friends over drinks in the Light Lab
•Add even more time to corral DP, having consumed more alcohol than he probably should have
•Ended night just as we reached Canada

I would have liked to have more pics with characters (we scored zero) but had a blast with our little troupe of four eating, drinking and laughing our way thru the park.

I think you did a lot in the party time! I think we focused more on the character pictures than anything else, but it was a little time consuming. We did ride Soarin' and get to partake in a few booths, and a few drinks, but my BFF had a lot of foot pain so she didn't want to do much walking around. We did get pictures with the Witch from Snow White, Revolutionary Mickey & Japanese Minnie. I would have wandered and gotten more photos, but the BFF wasn't feeling it and so we ended up back at the room.

DH and I are in for the Challenge in 2018! Did the Challenge in 2016, then the full Marathon in January, and barely ran after that. We are ready to run again and are already training for this year. Staying at CCV for the first time too! :)

Does anyone know if Dolphin has race transport? The rundisney site says use must stay at a host resort to have transport but doesn’t list what they are. Last time I did the Princess I know it was all resorts but not sure how it works for this race?
I know I could walk to yacht club but don’t really want to be walking too far at 3 am

Does anyone know if Dolphin has race transport? The rundisney site says use must stay at a host resort to have transport but doesn’t list what they are. Last time I did the Princess I know it was all resorts but not sure how it works for this race?
I know I could walk to yacht club but don’t really want to be walking too far at 3 am

Dolphin will have race transportation. I've stayed at the Swan before for Wine & Dine Weekend.

Dolphin will have race transportation. I've stayed at the Swan before for Wine & Dine Weekend.

I have not stayed there for W&D but have stayed for Marathon Weekend and the Swan & Dolphin have the same race transportation as everyone else. In the past only Marathon weekend had transportation from every resort and the other race weekends like Princess and W&D had a select list of hotels you had to stay in to get transportation. That stopped a few years ago so that verbiage may be a hold over from then. Unless I missed something every Disney World race weekend has transportation from every WDW Resort including the Swan and Dolphin.

I'm sure someone will correct me if anything above is wrong.

I have not stayed there for W&D but have stayed for Marathon Weekend and the Swan & Dolphin have the same race transportation as everyone else. In the past only Marathon weekend had transportation from every resort and the other race weekends like Princess and W&D had a select list of hotels you had to stay in to get transportation. That stopped a few years ago so that verbiage may be a hold over from then. Unless I missed something every Disney World race weekend has transportation from every WDW Resort including the Swan and Dolphin.

I'm sure someone will correct me if anything above is wrong.
And Shades of Green.

I was worried when I did this race in 2016 that I'd be SOL if I stayed in a Value however yes... 'HOST' resorts are all WDW resorts + Swalphin and Shades of Green... I wonder add on the Disney Springs Good Neighbors to the list now that they've added other 'on property' perks to them

Hi Everyone,

Running the HM is my goal for 2018! I am making a hotel rearvation today!

I do not know why I am missing the course, but I just do not see it listed. Also, what is this about busing to the TTC? If someone can share your past experience of this HM I would really appreciate it.

Thank you! I am looking forward to joining in this group!

Hi Everyone,

Running the HM is my goal for 2018! I am making a hotel rearvation today!

I do not know why I am missing the course, but I just do not see it listed. Also, what is this about busing to the TTC? If someone can share your past experience of this HM I would really appreciate it.

Thank you! I am looking forward to joining in this group!

The official course won't be released until a couple weeks prior to the race, due to heightened security. I would put money on the course being quite similar to the 2017 course, with variance given due to construction progress.

As of the 2017 running, the race now starts at the parking lot for MK (as opposed to WWoS). The finish is still in the standard Epcot parking lot as pretty much all runDisney events end. They prefer you park at the finish line and get bused over to the start (if you are staying at a monorail resort you can walk).

Here is the 2017 course map for reference.:
wine-dine-half-marathon-map-2017-502x650.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter