***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Hi Everyone! We will be staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, September 17 - 22. We have stayed there before and love the relaxed atmosphere. So many new things going on at Disney! Happily Ever After, Pandora, Rivers of Light, to name a few. Hope we have time for it all! Currently deciding if we go with Touring Plans, Undercover tourist, or make our own Touring plan (as I usually do). Let us know what you think of a Touring plan!:tink:

Welcome! I don't use any touring plan other than my own.

Hi Everyone! We will be staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, September 17 - 22. We have stayed there before and love the relaxed atmosphere. So many new things going on at Disney! Happily Ever After, Pandora, Rivers of Light, to name a few. Hope we have time for it all! Currently deciding if we go with Touring Plans, Undercover tourist, or make our own Touring plan (as I usually do). Let us know what you think of a Touring plan!:tink:

Love Touring Plans! We have used them twice, if nothing else, their wait time estimation seems to be better than Disney's! The planning part is awesome also! I am in the middle of making our plans now!

Just read coral reef is undergoing a refurb aug 27 - tbd. Hmmm guess that will solve my dilemma of deciding between coral reef and via Napoli on our Epcot day.
Yep! That decided for us too! I think I'm just going to eat quick service and FW booths on our Epcot day now!

Has anyone started to think about their AK touring plans with Pandora being open? I have tried to avoid reading too much because I don't want to have too many surprises spoiled but have started to try and figure out how best to tackle it. I've already planned 2 visits to AK while we are there but not sure about dropping back there in the evening. What is everyone else thinking?

I would LOVE to see it glowing at night! But, I'm sure the newness of the rides and land will have this JAM PACKED once people arrive. I am thinking to tour it early and ride with a Fast Pass, but then return to see the glowing scenery at night. Will have to see how the weather holds up. I only have 1 day planned at AK.

I would LOVE to see it glowing at night! But, I'm sure the newness of the rides and land will have this JAM PACKED once people arrive. I am thinking to tour it early and ride with a Fast Pass, but then return to see the glowing scenery at night. Will have to see how the weather holds up. I only have 1 day planned at AK.
Yes, me too about nighttime stuff! Hoping we will be able to go in and see it soon after sunset, then make our way to Tree of Life to see the Awakenings show, then around to our River of Light Dining package area. I would love it if we could still wander into Pandora after ROL but I don't know if CMs will close down that route! Maybe if they add a PM EMH one day we will be able to come there briefly after finishing at another park!

I bought 2 battery powered fans off of Amazon for my sons stroller. We already have one misting bottle with a fan and will get another when we get there, also going to buy ponchos too.
I have been looking for cooling towels and heard these are among the best: https://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-...qid=1496786982&sr=1-6&keywords=cooling+towels

The first reviews are all about going to Disney World, maybe it's a sign???
Disney also sells cooling towels, found some on ebay for 20 bucks.

Last year I bought some cooling towels at the end of Summer, before our September trip. They all went on clearance at Academy, Walmart and CVS for 50-75% off before we left home! Had many left at the end of Summer.

You may be talking about the original sept thread. The op went mia so i started a new one. The other one was closed so you wouldn't get any new alerts since nothing could be added. Glad you found your way over here.

It has happened even on other threads where it went quiet for a few days or so I thought and I went back to find another 10 pages. :confused3

Hmmm I have stuff I bought years ago for this trip, sadly one of the tops doesn't fit anymore.

Disney related tank tops also Star Wars related
Mickey earrings
Minnie ears
Minnie ears from Etsy
Mickey mouse neck cushion
Mickey Mouse Necklace
New backpack for in the parks
New camera
New summer clothes because I don't have many hot, hot weather items ( I have some for occasional heat wave UK days but not for a holiday)
Fabric to make parts of my MNSSHP costumes
Fabric to create bows on a head band for Universal and 'Ohana - to ship to the UK most Etsy shops are charging £20 shipping even on little things like a hair bow so I couldn't justify it. (Haven't made these yet)
Pouch to put phone in whilst I hold camera for photos.
New phone contract - it was up for renewal but I chose one that allows me to use my phone like at home (including my internet allowance) without any additional charges.

Defiantly need another camera battery but its very pricey, saving up to get it.

14 weeks from now we will be heading down!!! I should be well south of Atlanta by now and have the pedal to the metal!!!!

74 days.....14 until fast passes!! I think I have everything else done although I'm pretty sure for the next 74 days, I'll be tweaking my plans and second guessing my ADR's. I dropped a few in favor of just winging it through F&W at Epcot. It feels weird to not have that many sit down's planned....feel like I forgot something, lol! Anyone else planning to snack around the world?

74 days.....14 until fast passes!! I think I have everything else done although I'm pretty sure for the next 74 days, I'll be tweaking my plans and second guessing my ADR's. I dropped a few in favor of just winging it through F&W at Epcot. It feels weird to not have that many sit down's planned....feel like I forgot something, lol! Anyone else planning to snack around the world?
I always snack around and mostly never have an adr for Epcot day. I love F&W Festival this is my 4th year.

Wahoo! I've been looking for this thread for awhile - glad you got it started. We are traveling 9/1-9/10; Self, DH, DS10 & DS6...late arrival & early departure so no parks on travel days. We are closing in on our FPP dates & trying to finalize plans. Avatar land has thrown a wrench in everything because I anticipated them having RofL nightly but they aren't & our AK day (and associated ADR) is planned on a non RofL night. Anywho - trying to decide if we want to do the Star Wars ultimate tour or just the Star Wars Dessert Party. DSs LOVE Star Wars.

89 DAYs! we planned this over a year ago and it's finally getting close...so excited! I just had an MRI on my knee and they said "there's something going on here" but they wouldn't tell me what. I have to wait until Monday to find out! I'm hoping it's not something that will need surgery! doesn't matter...I'm still going on my trip even if I have to use a scooter! hope to see a bunch of you there! my ticker is a little off! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter