***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

One of our best memories from last trip was coming out of RnR and it was flat out pouring. I mean like the skies opened up and it was dumping buckets. We waited about 10 minutes and it was not letting up. So we put on our ponchos and headed out. We ran from building to building best we could but we were still soaked to the bone by the time we got to the bus terminal. We laughed so hard, took a bunch of selfies of us looking like drowned rats, and still to this day we smile at the thought of how fun that was. Gotta love Florida weather :)

Last edited:
One of our best memories from last trip was coming out of RnR and it was flat out pouring. I mean like the skies opened up and it was dumping buckets. We waited about 10 minutes and it was not letting up. So we put on our ponchos and headed out. We ran from building to building best we could but we were still soaked to the bone by the time we got to the bus terminal. We laughed so hard, took a bunch of selfies of us looking like drowned rats, and still to this day we smile at the thought of how fun that was. Gotta love Florida wwather :)
I agree. I'm from Oregon. I learned at a young age you won't melt in the rain. I think its funny that people will laugh and have huge smiles on their face when they come out of Splash or Kali totally drenched to the bone, but when a few drops fall from the sky people scurry for protection. I told my friends who wanted to bring poncho's that all they are doing is creating their own humidity in a nice small enclosed piece of plastic.

On my last trip I bought a cheap poncho just for when it was really raining and once it stopped and dried off I just rolled it up and put it back in my bag. I had a really thin one that didn't have sleeves so didn't feel too humid. We got to the last day and had a down pour for ages and two of my friends spent $7 or something like that on a poncho when we were going home the next day, meanwhile my £1.00 poncho lasted me 2 weeks. :lmao:

We didn't let the rain get in the way of our trip. We all had a great time and just adapted when storms happened. We left W'n'W after a storm and it started to rain on City Walk as we headed to Universal, we watched a film and came out to sunshine and an empty US as everyone had gone home, went on almost all the rides in a few hours.

It'll only bother me if a firework display, show or parade gets cancelled that I don't have a chance to watch again later in trip. It'll be a few years till I get to return. I can change my plans to adapt to any serious weather issues though.

Does anyone know if I can get a 1/2 gallon of milk at the the All Star Sports resort? My son still likes to have a bottle of milk going to bed at night and wondering if I need to get it before I get to the resort.
I'm checking in Sept 24. If that is early enough, I will check for you.

I got a lightweight that is pretty foldable jacket to bring. I'm not so concerned about getting rained on but I get coooooolllldddd on some of those attractions. Like I need a few mins to cool off and then after that I'm too cold lol. But I figured if I'm going to bring a jacket with me to the parks might as well make it a rainjacket.

I didn't bring a jacket last time back in 2011 and I was fine with getting wet it's just I thought more and more about being cold lol.

I got a lightweight that is pretty foldable jacket to bring. I'm not so concerned about getting rained on but I get coooooolllldddd on some of those attractions. Like I need a few mins to cool off and then after that I'm too cold lol. But I figured if I'm going to bring a jacket with me to the parks might as well make it a rainjacket.

I didn't bring a jacket last time back in 2011 and I was fine with getting wet it's just I thought more and more about being cold lol.

I had a scarf with me because outside I melt in June/July but sitting in some of the QS locations I got so cold.

That's the same day we check in! Are you staying at sports too? Might have to say a hi to a fellow DIS'R!!

I looked at a video on youttube and it seems the goofy gift shop is pretty much laid out the same as movies so not worried.
We are.

It will be my second trip in September. My first stay is Sept 10, at the Grand with my husband. At Sports, we will be checking in on the 24th will be my best friend of 25+ years and me. We are both in our 50's and I will be on a personal scooter.

My husband and I plan on traveling over to Sports. If we do and we have a chance to check out the milk situation, I will let you know.

One of our best memories from last trip was coming out of RnR and it was flat out pouring. I mean like the skies opened up and it was dumping buckets. We waited about 10 minutes and it was not letting up. So we put on our ponchos and headed out. We ran from building to building best we could but we were still soaked to the bone by the time we got to the bus terminal. We laughed so hard, took a bunch of selfies of us looking like drowned rats, and still to this day we smile at the thought of how fun that was. Gotta love Florida weather :)

We have some of the best times when it rains. The crowds really thin out. It is kinda funny to see everyone run out of the park like they are going to melt. One trip, it rained almost every day, all day. We had a split stay between Disney and Universal. It was when Harry Potter was still very new and the stories about the long lines were worrying us. So it rains....the parks were basically empty and we did HP about half a dozen times. We only stopped because we were hungry and there was other stuff to do! We wore our ponchos (our personal humidity tents), went on almost everything multiple times, danced in the puddles, walked and quacked like ducks and laughed our butts off!

On our very firs trip down to Disney, it was HOT!! We left to go to the hotel to swim. We got to our room and passed out from exhaustion from the the heat. We woke up about 2 hours later, and the sun was shining, but it was cooler and it turns out we slept right thru all the rain.

I'm not hoping it rains of course, but I certainly know we won't be terribly disappointed!

I got Mickey Mail! I came in to find it waiting for me, I didn't expect it I practically screamed and then got emotional opening it :earseek::lmao:

Edit: UK version I guess

36500110452_4924375b52_n.jpg

35834642304_56e9794f15.jpg

I got a yellow card thing that opened out into a picture resort map and on the other side is discounts for mainly Disney Springs
The book reminds me of the Little Book of Disney planning - Park info and maps, general travel info etc.

And......

36531356281_68e3736041_n.jpg

Luggage tags!!!!!! :cheer2::love: Kind of afraid to use them haha.

Last edited:
I got Mickey Mail! I came in to find it waiting for me, I didn't expect it I practically screamed and then got emotional opening it :earseek::lmao:

I got a yellow card thing that opened out into a picture resort map and on the other side is discounts for mainly Disney Springs
The book reminds me of the Little Book of Disney planning - Park info and maps, general travel info etc.

And......

I want those luggage tags. Lol

And......

Wow, that is awesome!:banana: Those look so cool! So different from the packaging and luggage tags I got. Ours came in the Magicband box though, so I'm guessing that's the difference. But that's so cool they came!! I'm sure you're excited! :bounce:

I want those luggage tags. Lol

I did like the other ones but I do love these too.

Wow, that is awesome!:banana: Those look so cool! So different from the packaging and luggage tags I got. Ours came in the Magicband box though, so I'm guessing that's the difference. But that's so cool they came!! I'm sure you're excited! :bounce:

I thought I wouldn't get anything being from the UK, I knew the Magicband is a pick up at the hotel. This was a total surprise and yeah defiantly exited.

No mickey mail here yet. Our magic bands did say hurry up and customize they could ship at any minute (they had been customized since February).

I did another Disney shopping spree today. Tinkerbell will visit us each night if my girls are good that day (only the 4 year old truly gets that). Party city has tinkerbell wrapping paper that was 50% off to boot!

The girls go back to nursery school September 11 and while they're in school, I'm going to pack in peace and quiet. Can't wait!

I got some Mickey Mail too!!
I got a magical extra booklet with 4 tickets for mini golf and 4 tickets to ESPN world of sports complex. It also came with a saving card to get 20% off.

We got ours the other day and our magic bands are
Now being personalized. :woohoo: Only 29 days left and with my ds staring kindergarten on the 31st and I have orientation for the new and returning students and the start of the new school year at work it should go by nice and fast! :banana:

Just started putting everything together. I had just been buying and buying. Finally put it all together. Eeek.

That's all the new Disney clothes for my dds. Doubles of everything so they can dress alike, which they want to do.

Top row is all cotton dresses.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.JPG
    IMG_2541.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 28
We will be there during the same time, hoping for a refurbished room... :)
Me too! I put in for the 90's buildings! have you heard about getting gift cards for not using mouse keeping? some say you get 15 a day and others say its 20.00 a day! I will take it I really dont want anyone in my room. I have had stuff grow legs and walk off if you know what I mean LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter