Offsite 'Soccer Tournament' Hotels, need to book this morning! ;o)

Smittolis

DIS Veteran
This is just a quick one to see if people are familiar with any of the following options for Offsite stay for Presidents Weekend...

I am taking one of my teams to the Presidents Weekend Showcase at Disney World and have the following options available to me. We do intend to go into the parks while here, but not everyone will be going in and I am presuming we will all be using rental cars while there...

Ok, team is U19 so 17 and 18 year old boys with some younger siblings staying from Thursday-Tuesday:

#1 B- Resort
#2 Orlando World Center Marriot
#3 SpringHill Suites Convention Center
#4 SpringHill Suites at Flamingo Crossings
#5 Wyndham Garden Lake

My personal preference based on location and hotel amenities is the Orlando World Center Marriot, but I am also tempted by the SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossings as it is $50 per night cheaper and offers a somewhat 'back road' route to the ESPN Complex and the Parks.

However, I'd like some input as I have to book these rooms this morning! All help and input appreciated!

Flamingo Crossings are new, built with groups in mind, quick access to property, should be breakfast included.

B Resort puts you right at Disney Springs so that brings a whole new level of activity and dining. Verify your resort and parking fees.

Wyndham Garden = no.

Springhill Convention ... like Orange County Convention ... a lot for of back and forth from much farther.

Marriott, nothing bad there but is cost much higher?

Flamingo does have breakfast included and there are no other resort or parking fees... The price would be $149 per night plus tax
B-Resorts looks like a good location but the cost is $169 per night plus tax (all fees inclusive), and room size looks like it may be a bit tight for 4 players to a room.
Marriot is $173 per night plus tax and no resort fee, but there is $10 per day parking fee. Lots going on and room sizes look good.

I have provisionally blocked off the rooms at the World Center Marriot given the differences in cost being so little between it and the others and that it offers more of a resort feel for those players who cannot necessarily afford to spend too much time away from the hotel. This is also a good option for families that are not 'Disney fans'... i know i know, how can that be? but apparently there are some people like that?! who knew?!! haha...

I like the back road access from the Flamingo, but I am concerned that its location is isolated and there is not much in way of entertainment onsite so the focus would be on being offsite, which may be a problem for some. I am renting a full sized 15 seater van so the parking charge isn't that big of a deal hence why I went with the more appointed hotel. I can always change my mind and book something else, but i need at least 10 rooms so that makes it a little more challenging. They did offer some others further away but i don't want to deal with the additional commute or traffic! And sadly, we have to book through the tournament as a mandatory requirement so we can't go beyond what inventory they have or else we would be staying in a value!

Correct, the Flamingo area is new and undeveloped so on foot the only thing to do is what the hotel provides. Just to have more of a resort feel and activity ... the price difference isn't that much. Sounds like Marriott is a good choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts