Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

So today was my FP day. Had mostly success, but could not get FoP for our first day, 12/19, nor could I get Seven Dwarfs for our second day, 12/20. Here's what we ended up with:
Thursday, Dec 19 - Fest Lion King at 4:00pm, Expedition Everest 5:05pm and Navi River at 7:00pm (still hoping to modify Navi to FoP)
Friday, Dec 20 - Big Thunder (9:55am), Splash (10:55am), Haunted Mansion (12:25pm)
Saturday, Dec 21 - 7Dwarfs (2:10pm), Big Thunder (3:10pm), Space Mtn (4:10pm)
Sunday, Dec 22 - Safari (3:55pm), FoP (4:55pm), Everest (7:00pm)
Monday, Dec 23 - Star Tours (12:45pm), Slinky (1:55pm), Frozen Singalong (3:30pm)

Hoping to rope drop main attractions at DHS on the 19th and 21st, at MK on the 20th and 22nd, and at Epcot on the 23rd. Now I think I can relax for a while...

Still can't wait to hear about your other FPs - hope they all worked out for you!

You think I haven't??????

Smart move.

You did great with FiPs!! Awesome! I'm a bit surprised though with SDD. I've not had any problem getting it and even on our arrival day in Sept. Sorry!! Maybe try day of and keep refreshing?

We still have 1 more day at DHS.

Holy Crap!!!

This makes a giggle, and yet... not. I hope you two can still travel together. ;)

I have my doubts on some days. We have to drive to Disney in January, just the two of us when I drop her off for her DCP.

You have teenagers/young adults so I know you know what I'm going through.

So today was my FP day. Had mostly success, but could not get FoP for our first day, 12/19, nor could I get Seven Dwarfs for our second day, 12/20. Here's what we ended up with:
Thursday, Dec 19 - Fest Lion King at 4:00pm, Expedition Everest 5:05pm and Navi River at 7:00pm (still hoping to modify Navi to FoP)
Friday, Dec 20 - Big Thunder (9:55am), Splash (10:55am), Haunted Mansion (12:25pm)
Saturday, Dec 21 - 7Dwarfs (2:10pm), Big Thunder (3:10pm), Space Mtn (4:10pm)
Sunday, Dec 22 - Safari (3:55pm), FoP (4:55pm), Everest (7:00pm)
Monday, Dec 23 - Star Tours (12:45pm), Slinky (1:55pm), Frozen Singalong (3:30pm)

You did really good!

Hoping to rope drop main attractions at DHS on the 19th and 21st, at MK on the 20th and 22nd, and at Epcot on the 23rd. Now I think I can relax for a while...

We're roping dropping SWGE on the 19th too. Good luck to you.

Still can't wait to hear about your other FPs - hope they all worked out for you!

Coming up!

Fast Pass Day part 2

With our first 3 days done it's time to move to the next 4 days.

Tuesday, December 17th is a very busy day for everyone. We're planning on being in Epcot before open for our Princess meal. Michelle will be flying in and we're all hitting MCMCP that night.

What I wanted was Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk w/Crush
What I ended up getting was Soarin' 9:30-10:30
Soarin'.JPG

The Seas with Nemo & Friends 10:30-11:30

The Seas 2.JPGThe Seas 3.JPG

Turtle Talk with Crush 11:40-12:40

Turtle Talk 2.JPG

We're planning to hit Frozen right after breakfast since we'll be right there and then head to Soarin'. I don't think we'll actually do Turtle Talk since we should be able to fit it in on Sunday but if not this is a good back up. We may just tap and leave. I really want to be back to the resort around the time Michelle gets there. I'm thinking this will be a good time to take the Skyway back to the resort.

Michelle made some FPs for her to use before the party. It doesn't matter what time we enter since we have hoppers.
She has Seven Dwarfs, which she has never ridden so I'm super excited for her. Meeting Ariel so JP can meet his favorite mermaid.

Ariel.JPG

And then a meeting with Rapunzel and Tiana.

Rapunzel.JPG

Her last FPs ends at 5:30. I'm hoping to get a 4th FP for us in MK but if we don't it will be ok. We wanted to try and eat before the party starts at a CS.

Wednesday, December 18th our 1 and only day in Animal Kingdom. FOP or bust!

What I wanted was FOP
Safaris
Festival of the Lion King

What I got was FOP for Dennis & Danielle @ 10:55-11:55. FOP for Michelle & I @ 12:30-1:30.

Festival of the Lion King @ 2 show ending @ 2:30

Lion King 1.JPGLion King 2.JPG

Continued in next post.

Fast Pass Day Part 2 continued.

After Festival of the Lion King we have Kilamanjaro Safaris @ 2:30-3:30

Killamanjaro 1.JPGKillamanjaro 2.JPG

We has some trouble with FOP. I had made out FPs and Michelle has made one for herself that overlapped our FP. I ended up changing hers by accident. In the end I moved mine to match hers. I think this will really help since we won't need to do rider swap. Michelle did have an 8:40 Tusker House breakfast but moved it to later so we can all rope drop Navi. Navi was JPs first ever Disney ride so we would all really like to do this together. If we're able to get a 4th FP we'll shoot for Everest.

Thursday, December 19th-DHS

This is a really hard day. Dennis has a Lightsaber scheduled and Danielle has a droid build scheduled. We all have some time in Oga's scheduled. If we want any chance to ride Rise of the Resistance we have to do it at rope drop.

What I wanted was Toy Story Mania (ended up doing this on our 1st DHS day)
Beauty and the Beast (we missed this last trip)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (for JP)
This was another day that was effected by me not being able to make FPs for Michelle on the desktop. But in the end it worked out.

We got Slinky Dog for Dennis, Vanessa & Danielle @ 11:55-12:55 and Michelle got Slinky @ 12:10-1:10. We should be able to ride together & rider swap.

We have Beauty & the Beast for the 4:00 show.

Beauty & the Beast.JPG

And then Voyage of the Little Mermaid @ the 6:40 show. Originally I had it for 9:10 but Disney cancelled it & rescheduled it for 9:40. That was not going to work with Dennis' lightsaber build.

Little Mermaid.JPG

This day is going to jam packed.

Friday, December 20th-MK and last park day.

MK has EMH starting at 8 am this day. It also is closing early for a MVMCP. We planned this day around attractions Michelle wanted to do with JP.

What we wanted was Enchanted Tales with Belle
Buzz Lightyear
Jungle (Jingle) Cruise

What we got was Enchanted Tales with Belle 9:30-10:30

Enchanted Tales with Belle.jpg

Buzz Lightyear 10:40-11:40

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180211_8173937326.jpeg

Yes I will even post unflattering pictures of myself.

Jungle Cruise 12:50-1:50

Jungle Cruise 1.JPGJungle cruise 2.JPG

We have a BOG lunch @ 12:15 and would like to catch Festival of Fantasy Parade after Jungle Cruise. We'll be rushing but we'll catch the parade in Frontierland if possible.

Well that's it! I'm ok with what we got. We tried to make it fun for JP. Danielle said she really didn't care what we got since she'll be living there for 6 months and should have time to do what she wants many times over.

We're at 55 sleeps now and still have lots of things to do and get organized. Time just seems to have sped up.

Fast Pass Day part 2

What I ended up getting was Soarin' 9:30-10:30
The Seas with Nemo & Friends 10:30-11:30
Turtle Talk with Crush 11:40-12:40

No Spaceship Earth?? Were you not able to get it, or did you just change it up? I didn't book it (I actually didn't book any FPs at Epcot this time), but was hoping to score one day of. We haven't done Turtle Talk for years - it's such a cute show!

Wednesday, December 18th our 1 and only day in Animal Kingdom. FOP or bust!
What I wanted was FOP
Safaris
Festival of the Lion King

What I got was FOP for Dennis & Danielle @ 10:55-11:55. FOP for Michelle & I @ 12:30-1:30.
Festival of the Lion King @ 2 show ending @ 2:30

Woohoo for FoP!! Now that I'm reading this, I wonder if I should have tried to split our group up - it might be easier to get them in groups of 2 or 3? I'm gonna keep trying. You did a great job on all of these!

Fast Pass Day Part 2 continued.

Thursday, December 19th-DHS

This is a really hard day. Dennis has a Lightsaber scheduled and Danielle has a droid build scheduled. We all have some time in Oga's scheduled. If we want any chance to ride Rise of the Resistance we have to do it at rope drop.

We got Slinky Dog for Dennis, Vanessa & Danielle @ 11:55-12:55 and Michelle got Slinky @ 12:10-1:10. We should be able to ride together & rider swap.

We have Beauty & the Beast for the 4:00 show.

And then Voyage of the Little Mermaid @ the 6:40 show. Originally I had it for 9:10 but Disney cancelled it & rescheduled it for 9:40. That was not going to work with Dennis' lightsaber build.

This day is going to jam packed.

Busy day, but sounds like a great schedule!

Friday, December 20th-MK and last park day.

We're at MK this day too - plans sound great!

Well that's it! I'm ok with what we got. We tried to make it fun for JP. Danielle said she really didn't care what we got since she'll be living there for 6 months and should have time to do what she wants many times over.

We're at 55 sleeps now and still have lots of things to do and get organized. Time just seems to have sped up.

Ack! So exciting that it's coming up so fast. Since my two older boys are living out of state now, I'm really excited that we're all going to be together for this trip. It would be really cool if we run into you at some point :)

Meeting Ariel so JP can meet his favorite mermaid.
Smart lad.
::yes::
MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180211_8173937326.jpeg

Yes I will even post unflattering pictures of myself.
Excuse me? You look bada$$ there! I'd call that flattering, not unflattering. :worship:
Coming up soon! :)

You did great! I'm excited for your trip so I can only imagine how excited you guys must be!! It'll be here before you know it :goodvibes

No Spaceship Earth?? Were you not able to get it, or did you just change it up? I didn't book it (I actually didn't book any FPs at Epcot this time), but was hoping to score one day of. We haven't done Turtle Talk for years - it's such a cute show!

Spaceship Earth is set for the Sunday. Since it's going down for refurbishment I want to get one last ride.

Woohoo for FoP!! Now that I'm reading this, I wonder if I should have tried to split our group up - it might be easier to get them in groups of 2 or 3? I'm gonna keep trying. You did a great job on all of these!

It much easier getting FOP than Slinky Dog. I hope you're able to work it out for your group.

Busy day, but sounds like a great schedule!

Thank you! It will be a busy day.

We're at MK this day too - plans sound great!

I'm really hoping it's not crowded since it's a party day.

Ack! So exciting that it's coming up so fast. Since my two older boys are living out of state now, I'm really excited that we're all going to be together for this trip. It would be really cool if we run into you at some point :)

So happy your family will get to be together. I'm hoping we see y'all too.

You did great! I'm excited for your trip so I can only imagine how excited you guys must be!! It'll be here before you know it :goodvibes

Thank you! We are excited! I think Danielle is more excited about DCP. Michelle and I are counting down the December trip and she's counting down the days until she moved to Disney.

UPDATE:

Hello and Happy Halloween! I can finally say (on tomorrow) that we’ll be in Disney NEXT MONTH! And the “holiday shop” opens on ShopDisney. Although, my goal is to STOP SPENDING MONEY from here on out so I can feel free to swipe the card a lot on our trip with less guilt.

I’ve told yall before the my little John Paul is a fan of dressing up. This morning for Halloween, he changed 3 times before deciding on no costume, just his Lightening McQueen jacket and Iron Man hand and Mask. And that was in less than 15 minutes.

Here’s a few of the different things he’s worn recently, my sweet, Disney baby. He kept wanting to be a vampire. And up until TODAY he said he was going to be one. But we returned the vampire costume like a month ago because he didn't like the way it felt. But he's been lots of other things at all the events around town.

83E_EmMt6acqfctPGFMNt_5O8I_ybo1_ArzX1j6bYBcKF5PubZNhhcsrqu5aqAA2YSsree_TrO_g_alxdE8Pl4tCy-uIJ6tgXgmRmETJA5ra0DDBb7VfC62J13wOBAYU2y_YudzV

This was a trick or treat event in town. Jimmy had on a skeleton shirt under his hoodie. JP was a pirate, Gia was a VSCO girl (i had to google it, too), and I did a las tminute little mermaid bounding because I have green leggings, and now red hair. Totally reusing this as a backup outfit for disney.

_kGk99iKD1-5mO2AjSu7H6sL4heE9OBSq1uYhFdKEeM-AVwseWi5rUe-lbzn0P0JMwTUdF2mzH9UzuInjrIJGkWGtBP2i7fgCzFuDpROeePs6om1OR2oR2YNvaSRQkcAvABnz30o

Here we were Jake and Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. We just got into it, but it's not on the air anymore, so we had to improvise and just got an accessory kit from Party City.

0YBifH2VpZZVEKP04qmg6XIq2v-15_SZV9HTCah2C4n-kyzTlixx5t26yxAlGJTM-Upc6mdklA_0KkQl9qI0wHuWLae50MriGsNVNRzgzeSW4XW38VglZML-KmLyGYgkGaJHJo09

te9y0eHclwS2k4Tucr9vXinOToaIEPQFHqZT6h-qaEUQPMX7fiVTlHTMU2saToni72Ge5cUINgOUKj5DzFYGZ_POLfvSg-9cyuqGPWTLcnrsWWkY5Ryh0oka-GYzUX2xo8s9SvKo

This was a doctor visit. No Woody costume this day, but hat and boots were a must. I sent Mom the picture and her first response was “HOW TALL IS HE WITH THE HAT AND BOOTS?!”

… she’s plotting to stretch him before our trip so he can ride Slinky Dog. He’s a little over 37 inches with the hat and boots.

0tyUxerxKi2q_DMFU6RQXOw8Dt82GU6bQVqI3zyxFelZjS75yNGXzIZq4eTQexKPgHdm4xn6PJP1K_A8t9-KeC4QaD4hkVLRvFtbd3A0dn6cnln0nrPM2LqpxDTR7t8ysL6klfaS

This past weekend, Jimmy was in town and so was some of his extended family from Phoenix. His cousin, Tracy, is about my age. Her birthday is on Halloween, and for making this trip she would be missing the annual autism walk in Phoenix. She was really upset about that, because she has autism and it’s really important to her. So we promised her a birthday party in Baton Rouge, and Jimmy’s birthday is next week, so we did a combined party for them. When we asked what kind of cake she’d want, she said a Sugar Skull cake. Well, alright then! A sugar skull cake it is! Tracy loves color and all things happy, and right now she’s really into sugar skulls. BUT SHE HAD NEVER SEEN COCO! So I said I’d throw the party at my house (we all know how extra I can be) and I really wanted her to enjoy it. So I took the sugar skull idea and ran with it! Oh, and I made her watch Coco as soon as they got into town.

cl_r5D_X8Omc-0MIR5DMMnDrPRsUT4uZ6ubO7hjiCFLUO5u0DPB4dN97CANSQjr5dF8ZvdaL5EA4eKABl80GHdhwNKMiJ-yXTv7zoEwkS41y389plQ8YAPA7Rf3izhiIUplt9VgD

-EKVwwwhzNEPqG6w3ssHreU_FEe4tF-ZiG1EhCjcMhYzKaav_XI6z_b4UGPyf-uhQeEkGB81ZS55hfTEnyTvYotNG4U5ZISOf9ki5SHV9GIooiXAiV9bqfkJCicLwMCf2aKyOfza

aQRfnSpNvYqr-oR-poBmGx2TVZrS8hxb6UKOusY9V4wiiybQcTFC8DHLWJfqo3QLCEM6dYl5ahgS1O2Y7FnSjSw0OhWfZCXeXvJdkmny7KRkYmlW_8ydPNOp-b_4ZtvCSujQ9nTY
cj2sRiV7O2NRJ-QsiwQ_7H_YNBYfPgvMoqBq3qLcEVy61KmQUBhkL3ZVr6EACLqrvzx-cuscbuvEy8G_IlkhWRC5asjRgWGZPm1QF_Q1k7WgAF91W7n7ocT7llPqH7FB91QSawyD
nslOltceZrwBn4SoH5JVhiboX5H1pVYRnc7fJ0ha_F-76WXg2GJob2Oq3XDEdRM2_Y6N0fSPuZPq6OScoeZ2Vz93TkWIisAcLPSOJ8kfBR8izlwAykUHhAcnTimfZaDCt3C42JS1
43IF6TNW0aacBPfxQQWcLdPblXEg3IBEbbwT5XYpnnXbhGao2-E-jjUwQLciOR99S4sjFAhKnawOOWdLvygOvwhik8AU_h5yMa3raWB4NGDWNZLfyUNEVxm9MyZa5jn7aSmL7rcb

We had a really good time! We did pin the skull on the skeleton and we roasted marshmallows in the firepit outside. It was a good time.

So now that we have fastpasses and a pretty good plan set, now we’re just trying to gather all the last things and finalize outfits and what not. PACKING LISTS is a hot topic.

Here’s an example of a Disneybounding I have planned. Or with shorts if it’s hot. Any guesses? (to make sure it’s a good one LOL)

d-B_-Ra3xKtVlyCV4VG46auunAbeRyc3ov4YU9t7PPByeVYS9xxl7cJ9sLxD_q2IY8daf6NWBR37PwWosmLx7uRrMJe8b8arJxA_SQ_F1XHf0NKOwKNSHsqYjiTAAWNsHQ-ar8Ug

The hardest part of outfit planning is not only finding something that works with what you have in mind… but that FITS and that fits YOU well and that you’re COMFORTABLE in. I’ll try to get a few outfit pics soon just to test out my disneybounding on you guys, first! It’ll help me get organized and started packing, too.

Also… any suggestions on packing list as far as bringing a toddler. Not only am I packing for him and for myself, but I need to pack for him, knowing I won’t be there for a while. I know this isn’t mom’s first rodeo, but trying to anticipate his needs along with how they work is going to be a learning curve for us all. I’m sure they’ll get in a routine and i’ll mess it all up by the time I get there! HAHA.

This morning for Halloween, he changed 3 times before deciding on no costume, just his Lightening McQueen jacket and Iron Man hand and Mask. And that was in less than 15 minutes.
We have this at home quite frequently.
“HOW TALL IS HE WITH THE HAT AND BOOTS?!”

… she’s plotting to stretch him before our trip so he can ride Slinky Dog. He’s a little over 37 inches with the hat and boots.
I like the way she thinks.

By the way, I love the Ironman in boots look.
Well, alright then! A sugar skull cake it is! Tracy loves color and all things happy, and right now she’s really into sugar skulls. BUT SHE HAD NEVER SEEN COCO! So I said I’d throw the party at my house (we all know how extra I can be) and I really wanted her to enjoy it. So I took the sugar skull idea and ran with it! Oh, and I made her watch Coco as soon as they got into town.
Awesome! How nice of you to go all out for her!
Also… any suggestions on packing list as far as bringing a toddler. Not only am I packing for him and for myself, but I need to pack for him, knowing I won’t be there for a while. I know this isn’t mom’s first rodeo, but trying to anticipate his needs along with how they work is going to be a learning curve for us all. I’m sure they’ll get in a routine and i’ll mess it all up by the time I get there! HAHA.
Pretty much everything you'd normally take anywhere for a toddler. I can't really think of particulars, but it is always nice to have children's medicine on hand in case it is needed. Probably some of his favorite snacks as well. Maybe a favorite toy from home or something if he ever tends to get homesick/upset being away?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!