Oh no! Where did the wine go? A food and wine dining report. FINAL SwoClassic and Parisian Breakfast

After the culinary demo, the rest of the party went back to the resort to rest up for the Classic. I wanted to get my make-up dine at Guerlain Studio in the France pavilion. The make-up is unbelievable!! It is all I wear. It is only available at Lord & Taylor, and of course France. Although I spent a pretty penny here, you don't have to in order for one of the lovely associates to give you a facial. I do this every trip. Ladies, if you haven't done this before, I strongly suggest you do.

Afterwards, I couldn't pass the France booth without getting a Le Passion Martini slushy. This is pure heaven for me.
downloadfile-1.jpg

I also got another favorite Boeuf Bourginon. I was very disappointed with this dish, for the first time ever. The beef was fatty. The potatoes were dry and flavorless. This must have been a mistake because this is always one of my favorites at the festival. Oh well, mybsorrows were drowned with passion fruit martini.
downloadfile.jpg I had a great makeover and great martini, so life was still good.

That stinks about the boeuf bourginon! It's my favorite item at the F&W Festival. Apparently we missed that booth this year, as I just went through all my pics from our trip and I can't find any food pics from France. I guess we were too busy trying different things! That may have worked out in our favor, although I really can't believe we skipped this. It must have been an oversight. That frozen slushy looks yummy though!

That stinks about the boeuf bourginon! It's my favorite item at the F&W Festival. Apparently we missed that booth this year, as I just went through all my pics from our trip and I can't find any food pics from France. I guess we were too busy trying different things! That may have worked out in our favor, although I really can't believe we skipped this. It must have been an oversight. That frozen slushy looks yummy though!

This had to be an off day, as tgis is always a festival favorite. So sorry you missed the slushy. That is my favorite WDW snack. I wish it was available all year long.

Our last night at Disney was pretty much our whole reason for taking the trip when we do. The SWAN & DOLPHIN FOOD and WINE CLASSIC!!!!** this is our fourth Classic, and we have lived every one. The Classic is sp9nsored by the Swan and Dolphin Hotels. The resort restaurants, and some celebrity chefs, set up booths with food, while more vintners than you can hope to drink set up booths for wine. There are a couple beers and a mixology booth. A carnival area with food trucks is set up, and a Chinatown area has asian beer and food. Bands play music throughout the night. The entertainment is fabulous!!The price is around $100. Compared to the Party of the Senses almost double that price,
View attachment 297805
View attachment 297806
We had plenty Of wine, I just didn't get many pictures. DSC07333-d@d.jpg
I am trying to find pics online. Here is one of my favorites Decoy. Wines were supposedly availa le from these regions:
  • Washington
  • Oregon
  • California
  • Chile
  • Argentina
  • France
  • Italy
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • Spain
Honesty we drink so much at this event it all kind of meshes together.

On to the food.
  • Oven Roasted Beef Rib Eye, Silky Mashed Potatoes, Sauce Bordelaise — Shula’s
  • Hand Crafted Pork Belly, Confit Fennel, Fried Brussel Sprouts, Compressed Green Apple, Spicy Pear BBQ — Cib’s Smoke Shop, Double Fried Chicken, Chipotle-Butermilk Ranch, Organic Carrot “Tartare”, Orange Blossom Honey Pudding — by Cabana Bar and Beach Club
  • Kobe Bee Mini Burgers, Truffle Aioli, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Roma Tomato Chutney — by The Fountain, Friday
  • Taqueria – Pork Carnitas, Organic Vegetables, Cheddar Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Assorted Hot Sauces — by Picabu,
  • Ricotta Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms, Baby Spinach, Fennel Sausage — Il Mulino,Fish ‘n’ Chips: Beer Battered Sustainable Bass, Sarson’s Malt Vinea & Grits, Andouille Sausage, White Cheddar Grits, Smoked Tomato — bluezoo
  • Jalapeno Roll – Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail, Jalapeno — Kimonos,
  • Crunchy Chocolate Passion Fruit Truffle, Greek Yogurt Dome, Key Lime Vanilla Cream.
  • Hazelnut praline ice cream filled profiterole, hot chocolate sauce, vanilla whipped cream and caramelized hazelnut
  • Nitro Kettle Corn
  • Hand Dipped Corn Dogs
  • Funnel Cakes
  • Crispy Duck: Steamed Bun, Cucumber, Hoisin
  • Shanghai Dumpling: Pan Roasted Pork Dumpling, Spicy Sauce

• 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Fountain-Kobe-Beef-Mini-Burger-3.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Cibs-Smokehouse-Hand-Crafted-Pork-Belly.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Cabana-double-fried-Chicken-1-700x525-1.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Chinatown-Crispy-Duck-1-700x571-1.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Carnival-Corner-Mac-and-Cheese-1-700x525-1.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Carnival-Corner-funnel-cake.jpgswan_dolphin_classic-62.jpg swan_dolphin_classic-56.jpg swan_dolphin_classic-30.jpg
  • I have reached my photo limit, so o will complete it next post.

Here are more Classic pics.
swan_dolphin_classic-18.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Picabu-Taquieria-2-700x484.jpg Swan-and-Dolphin-Food-and-Wine-Classic-Texas-Corn-Dog-15_-093-535x600.jpg 2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Todd-English-bluezoo-wagyu-short-ribs-1-700x525.jpg
My favorites were the Mac n Cheese from the food truck and the steak from Shula's. Least favorites were the pork from Cib's and the corn dog.
Now on to my favorite part of the Classic, the Bubbles Lounge!!
This was supposed to be a "secret" speakeasy area. You had a piece of gum given to you upon arrival at the Classic to use as as ticket to enter.

This was really cute. Four different tables of sparkling wine or Champagne. There was food, devilled eggs, cheese and fruit. Everything was great.
2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Bubble-Lounge-Deviled-Eggs-1.jpg
2017-Swan-and-Dolphin-Classic-Bubble-Lounge-3-450x600-1.jpg
FB_IMG_1511837605023.jpg

We had a really great time together. This is an awesome event. I already have Boardwalk reservations for later this year.

I am finally at my last meal at Disney. Joaquin had an early flight, so he left bright and early. Sally, Mike and I headed out to another favorite Food and Wine event, the Parisian Breakfast. This is a buffet held at Chefs de France in Epcot. The reataurant is so bright and sunny in the morning. We had our share of Mimosa, which is includes. We also drank the wonderful French hot cocoa that I love. Here is my first plate, and the next two were about the same. Yes I was a little piggy. There are all sorts of French pastry, croissants, regular and Chocolate, frangipane almond triangles, baguette with butter amd Bon Mammon strawberry jam, danishes, croque monsieur and so many others. I love the meats and cheeses. The brie and gruyere are to die for.
20141101_081227-768x432.jpg

We hope to do this again next year. For $35 this is the best deal at the Fest.

Thanks everyone for following along. That's a wrap. Now I have to read everyone else's reports til next October.

Last edited:

Afterwards, I couldn't pass the France booth without getting a Le Passion Martini slushy. This is pure heaven for me.
downloadfile-1-jpg.297486

Yes so good!

Oven Roasted Beef Rib Eye, Silky Mashed Potatoes, Sauce Bordelaise — Shula’s

Yum!

Kobe Bee Mini Burgers, Truffle Aioli, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Roma Tomato Chutney — by The Fountain, Friday

Yum again!

This was really cute. Four different tables of sparkling wine or Champagne. There was food, devilled eggs, cheese and fruit. Everything was great.

This whole event always sounds delicious, I hope we can go to WDW during it one year!

I need to get to that breakfast on one of our fall trips. Enjoyed your reviews.

I need to get to that breakfast on one of our fall trips. Enjoyed your reviews.

Glad you liked the report. Thanks for following g along.

Make sure you try to book the Parisian Breakfast immediately once it is released. I have called 2 hours after ole ing reservations and had both Saturdays sold out already. It fills up super fast.

Thanks for sharing all your delicious food Niki. Sorry the culinary demos were a bit of a bust, but that Swan and Dolphin Classic looks like a thing of beauty. And what a great price too!!! Hopefully we can get down there one of these days.

Thanks for sharing all your delicious food Niki. Sorry the culinary demos were a bit of a bust, but that Swan and Dolphin Classic looks like a thing of beauty. And what a great price too!!! Hopefully we can get down there one of these days.

There is so much delicious food at Disney. That is why I really like the Classic. I hope you make it down there for it. Just about everything was amazing, and the event is so much fun. Thanks for reading. I love your reports. I am a huge fan.

Sorry to see your report end! We love the Parisian Breakfast too, but sadly, missed it this year because it started the week after our vacation. I had no idea it didn't run the entire F&W Festival. Lesson learned. I was so disappointed.

Sorry to see your report end! We love the Parisian Breakfast too, but sadly, missed it this year because it started the week after our vacation. I had no idea it didn't run the entire F&W Festival. Lesson learned. I was so disappointed.

Thanks for following til the end. I didn't know the breakfast doesn't run the whole festival. I only know it can be difficult to book.

I am thoroughly enjoying your food review! 6 of my bffs and I are planning a F&W trip this October for 4 nights then hubby will join me for another 4 nights. I am making my mental list of restaurants to visit from your review! We are staying at BWV for both halves of the trip and I had Flying Fish on my list anyway and now Il Mulino is quickly making its way to the top, too. We're taking a Rick Steves trip to Italy this May.....Italian food and wine is heaven for us!

We haven't been to F&W since 2015 and at that time we really enjoyed the culinary demos (which included wine)! We'll have to check out the offerings for this year but I am keeping in mind the fact that the culinary demos were wineless. Did the descriptions include this fact last year?

I am whole-heartedly agreeing with your "thumbs up" of La Hacienda and Morimoto's. Both were favorites of ours in 2015.

I am thoroughly enjoying your food review! 6 of my bffs and I are planning a F&W trip this October for 4 nights then hubby will join me for another 4 nights. I am making my mental list of restaurants to visit from your review! We are staying at BWV for both halves of the trip and I had Flying Fish on my list anyway and now Il Mulino is quickly making its way to the top, too. We're taking a Rick Steves trip to Italy this May.....Italian food and wine is heaven for us!

We haven't been to F&W since 2015 and at that time we really enjoyed the culinary demos (which included wine)! We'll have to check out the offerings for this year but I am keeping in mind the fact that the culinary demos were wineless. Did the descriptions include this fact last year?

I am whole-heartedly agreeing with your "thumbs up" of La Hacienda and Morimoto's. Both were favorites of ours in 2015.

So glad you enjoyed the report. They help me get through til my next vacation. I will again go in October, BWV 10/26-29, the Hilton Tuscany Village 10/29-11/3. You should have a great trip with the girls.

You can't go wrong with either Flying Fish or Il Mulino. I just booked the Bubbles Brunch there for October. I really hope it is good, or I will miss going there for dinner.

How exciting to do a tour of Italy. I love Italian food, and I hear it is so beautiful. I am so jealous. Have a great time and post a few pics here on the board.

So good to hear someone else loves La Hacienda. It seems like San Angel Inn gets more love around here, but I think La Hacienda is some of the best Mexican seafood grill around.

I had fun binge-reading (is that a thing?) your report this morning. Love the F&W festival. I whole-heartedly agree on the demos. With the tiny pours it was not like they were breaking the bank on the old format but it just added to the experience. I’m hoping they reverse course this year but am not holding my breath. Thanks for reminding me how lovely Jiko is, I haven’t been in a while. That boar tenderloin is so good! Funny, I didn’t love the Classic. Part of the issue is probably that it was moved indoors due to rain. I had some good food from Shula’s and Blue Zoo but overall the wine pours were so stingy and the reps seemed pretty disinterested and I just got annoyed. In fact in the bubble lounge, which was cute, a manager came up to the server right while I was standing there to tell her that her pours were too generous. Awkward! I know many people rave about it so I’ll have to give it another try. I’m a big fan of the Swan & Dolphin restaurants!

I had fun binge-reading (is that a thing?) your report this morning. Love the F&W festival. I whole-heartedly agree on the demos. With the tiny pours it was not like they were breaking the bank on the old format but it just added to the experience. I’m hoping they reverse course this year but am not holding my breath. Thanks for reminding me how lovely Jiko is, I haven’t been in a while. That boar tenderloin is so good! Funny, I didn’t love the Classic. Part of the issue is probably that it was moved indoors due to rain. I had some good food from Shula’s and Blue Zoo but overall the wine pours were so stingy and the reps seemed pretty disinterested and I just got annoyed. In fact in the bubble lounge, which was cute, a manager came up to the server right while I was standing there to tell her that her pours were too generous. Awkward! I know many people rave about it so I’ll have to give it another try. I’m a big fan of the Swan & Dolphin restaurants!

Nice. I also binge read reports at times, so I guess it is a thing.

Jiko is fantastic. We hadn' done dinner here in a long time, so I am really happy we went back.

I didn' realize the Classic was ever moved inside. We were already on the road Saturday night headed home. I can' believe you got stingy pours. In fact Sally and I spent a good half hour at the champagne booth outside. It was our second stop by. The girls poured us half glasses each time. Disney has cheaper out so much lately. I hope the Swan and Dolphin don't follow suit.

Thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts