Oh...what to wear? Help!

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited we leave in a few weeks...we've been planning forever! The problem is I'm an over-packer! We will be there May 6-15th. Do we need to pack any jeans or sweatshirt/jackets??

We have light weight pullover windbreakers in case of rain (and ponchos) will these be enough at night time? We plan on buying sweatshirts regardless of the weather to bring back so we will have those too.

If at night for the parades, fireworks etc we can get away with shorts or capris and t-shirts that would be great...saves a lot in my luggage but would hate to get there and be like "man, wish I had packed us some jeans and long sleeve shirts!"

How do you find the weather in May? I'm trying not to be an "over-packer" for this trip and save my hubby's back!

Thanks!:D

I am a person who is always cold and when we were there last May (1-6) I didn't need a jacket at any time. I think I brought a pair of capris that I may have worn one day but I'm not really sure about that. Even with airconditioning by the time I'd start to feel the least bit chilled we'd be back out in the heat. I did bring a windbreaker for each of us in case of rain/wind but we didn't need those either. Have a great trip.

I think you'll be fine with just a light jacket to put on maybe in the evenings. The days are pretty nice and the evenings usually are, but there might be a lighty chilly breeze. I don't know. It's been like 5 or 6 years since I've been at this time of year and I'm trying to reach back into the far corners of my brain!

I was just amused at you saying that you were an over-packer, because I AM TOO!!! :tongue: We take a lot of trips with my in-laws and my FIL always gets so mad because I pack so much:teeth: I just feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyhow, have fun on your trip!!!!

I have never needed jeans in the Spring in Disney! We pack light wind breaker type jackets and maybe Khaki slacks but usually the only pants we take are the ones we wear on the plane trip. Unless you would get a drastic change in weather you should not need long sleeve shirts.

Most importantly if you pack everything you might need...what excuse will you have for buying that really cute sweatshirt you see or those sweet sweat pants? Plus you must leave room to bring home goodies! We ended up with one of the AirZooka shooters from Space Mountain! Oh what a blast they are! Thank goodness we left room for the stuff we bought!

Um, I might be telling on myself a little, but I have two duffel bags that I can fold flat, and I always pack them in my suitcase. We have used both of them coming home from every trip we have made to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter