'Ohana ADR for 5 better time than for just 2 people?

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

DIS Veteran
So I am booking an ADR at 'Ohana on Sat 1/26. When I searched for 2 people, dinner, the only option that came back was 9:20p.

On a whim I tried plugging in different party sizes and then I got better times... with a party of 6 I got 8:00p and party of 5, 8:40p - which is perfect, we can go to the Poly, watch Wishes @ 8 on the beach, then go check in for dinner.

I took the 8:40p for 5 and will call in a day or two and modify the ressie from 5 to 2.

So my question is -- why is this? Do they have less 2 person tables than 5 or 6 seaters? I find it very strange that it's harder to make an ADR for a couple than a larger group.... :confused3

So my question is -- why is this? Do they have less 2 person tables than 5 or 6 seaters? I find it very strange that it's harder to make an ADR for a couple than a larger group.... :confused3

Not necessarily fewer 2 tops, but all the tables for 2 have been reserved. The system is set up to fill as many seats as possible so while a party of 2 will definitely fit at a table for 6, that leaves 4 empty seats. Instead the system will wait for someone with a party of 5 or 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter