'Ohana and Holiday Wishes

Katti Michele

Mouseketeer
On our first full day (12/11) MK closes at 7 due to MVMCP. I am hoping to make an ADR for 'Ohana that night. I'm reading that Holiday Wishes happens at 9:30 (please correct me if i'm wrong!) What time would you make your ADR for? Should I make it early (7ish) so we can hopefully eat and then explore the Poly and watch it from the beach, or book it later (9ish) so we can explore the Poly and watch Wishes while we stuff our faces with a bunch of meat on sticks?

It is me (24) and DBF (25) if that matters. I ate at 'Ohana for Thanksgiving in 2010 and thought it was a neat experience and the food was delish. This will be my boyfriend's first trip (of many, if I have my way! :rotfl: )

If anyone else has any suggestions for dining (or anything else) for two people our age, by all means let me hear them! Thanks for any help!

:) I have never eaten at Ohana but have seen the FW many times and I think an ADR at 7-7:30 will be great. You could also watch them at the CR fourth floor observation deck. I think they pipe the music in at the Poly, too. It is also on CD.

I usually make our FW dinners two hours ahead of FW.

We were having the same debate. We did 'Ohana just before regular Wishes last summer and went down to the beach to watch...really enjoyed that. Thought about trying it from inside the restaurant, but a friend who went last December said they really got nothing out of it from watching it inside the restaurant...almost kind of a non-event for them. Obviously, that's just one person's experience/opinion, but it made me decide the beach is the right plan for us.

So, I was aiming for 7:30pm, but the best I could get on day 180 was 7:05pm. After thinking about how long the wait can go 7:05pm is probably better anyway. So, we're going to dine at 'Ohana and then head to the beach for Holiday Wishes. :santa: And if we happen to finish up on the early side, we can always go into Boutiki or give the kids extra time to play on the beach... the latter sounds nice since I could probably grab a drink and relax on the beach. :cloud9:

We were having the same debate. We did 'Ohana just before regular Wishes last summer and went down to the beach to watch...really enjoyed that. Thought about trying it from inside the restaurant, but a friend who went last December said they really got nothing out of it from watching it inside the restaurant...almost kind of a non-event for them. Obviously, that's just one person's experience/opinion, but it made me decide the beach is the right plan for us.

So, I was aiming for 7:30pm, but the best I could get on day 180 was 7:05pm. After thinking about how long the wait can go 7:05pm is probably better anyway. So, we're going to dine at 'Ohana and then head to the beach for Holiday Wishes. :santa: And if we happen to finish up on the early side, we can always go into Boutiki or give the kids extra time to play on the beach... the latter sounds nice since I could probably grab a drink and relax on the beach. :cloud9:

Hm..... I have an 'Ohana ADR for 7:35 on a Holiday Wishes night. Sounds like "waddling" down tot he beach might me a nice way to end the evening! You don't have to be a Poly guest to go down there?

I just booked our ADR for 'Ohana on a night when Wishes starts at 8. I got our reservation for 6:45. I'm hoping we either are still eating and have a good view of the fireworks, or are done and can enjoy from the beach. Either way, I'm excited!

We have ressies for 8:15pm on 12/11. I made them on the 180th day, specifically so we could watch Holiday Wishes too!
Do you think that is a good time if the fireworks are at 9:30? How long is the wait usually if we ask for a table with fireworks view?

We have ressies for 8:15pm on 12/11. I made them on the 180th day, specifically so we could watch Holiday Wishes too!
Do you think that is a good time if the fireworks are at 9:30? How long is the wait usually if we ask for a table with fireworks view?

That's the same thing I'm doing on 11/30. This will be my first time at Ohanas. I'm willing to wait a bit for a table if need be since it'll just be me. I guess I can always get up to see the fireworks if my table doesn't have a view. I think at this point, I'm more interested in the food then the fireworks. Mmm, meat! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter