'Ohana booked solid for November 27th

DJSMOM

Mouseketeer
I arrive in the World on Thanksgiving day. Tried to book 'Ohana online and by phone today for November 27th. We are going to MVMCP that night. There was nothing available by either channel for 'Ohana from 5pm until 7pm. Do you think this is for real?

Yes, and this is normal. One of the busiest weeks of the year, one of the top 5 hardest places to get into in a slow period, let alone when it's packed.

We are arriving the day before Thanksgiving and I was up on our 10 day mark to make our reservations online. I was able to get 'Ohana's for Sunday night at 6:40 but that was it so I have no doubt that it will be packed that day.

I know that was going to be my hardest reservation to get (even though it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving) so it was the 1st one I focused on.

I don't know how many are in your party but if you keep checking you may be able to get in. Good luck!

Yes, that would definitely be true. The timeframe is one of the most popular to begin with, coupled with the holiday crowd levels and a MVMCP.....

Ohana's is very popular and usually later reservations are the last to go (8-9pm), but quite honestly, I wouldn't do Ohana's at 7pm before the party. The style of meal/service means that it takes a long time. Our meals are usually 1.5-2 hrs there and we are not slow eaters. I would suggest being ready for the party to maximize your return on it. Ohana's also has had some issues with check in, which they seem to be trying to address, but even with a reservation, you might wait 20 minutes or more for a table.

Yes, I believe this is true.
You are looking at one of the busiest weeks of the year.
You are trying to book one of the most popular restaurants at WDW
You are looking for prime dining time.

Remember, that some of the guests staying on property who are able to book 180 + 10 days in advance have up to a 10 day advantage on you trying. to book this ADR.
Keep checking, cancellations do occur.

yes I tried a couple weeks ago for any night nov 13-18th and couldnt get anything. Went back and finally got one for Nov 16th at 7:50pm. So excited. Dont give up!

Ohana is one you almost have to book really early, because it's almost impossible to get an ADR otherwise, especially during busy times. I would keep on trying though since people do cancel all the time, and you may get lucky!

My 180 days was on Sunday, and I was able to book a 5pm ressie at Ohana for Dec.3. That was the first one I booked since I knew it would be hard to get.

I tried at exactly my 180 day mark. I hoped to get it for before MVMCP. I've been before so it's not do or die for me but I wanted something close to MK so we could just pop over to the party. I am at Crystal Palace right now (definitely not even close to my first choice) but I am hope that something opens as my time gets closer.

I tried at exactly my 180 day mark. I hoped to get it for before MVMCP. I've been before so it's not do or die for me but I wanted something close to MK so we could just pop over to the party. I am at Crystal Palace right now (definitely not even close to my first choice) but I am hope that something opens as my time gets closer.

Curious why Crystal Palace is not even close to your first choice. My children are 8 and 2 and this is one of their favorites. We usually book a 4:30 dinner the night of the party so we are done long before the nights festivities start.

We have done Crystal Palace before and don't care for it very much. I'm all about breakfast buffets but other than Boma, dinner buffets are not our style. My son who will be 9 at the time, is really not into Pooh. He really wanted to go to 'Ohana. We have a reservation later in the week at 'Ohana but I am just disappointed that I wasn't able to get it that day specifically.

I just got off the phone about an hour ago (10:00am est) and was only able to get 'Ohana for 9:10pm for 4 people on that night. Everything else was booked. We are not doing MVMCP that night. I really wanted earlier but that was all I could get. We had around this time this past October also but showed up around 8:00pm and were able to get seated by 8:30pm.

I would not want to eat here on a night I was planning on attending MVMCP. I would just enjoy the party and maybe eat a large meal before heading into the party. We always get to the parties at 4:00pm when they let you in. We just do CS when we attend parties. There is so much to do and see during the parties we do not want to take out too much time to eat. We did MNSSHP this past October and ate someting at a CS place.

Linda

I wondered why I could not get a 5:00 pm when I tried yesterday, but did not think about the party. We are not going and wanted to do an early dinner before heading back to the resort. I was able to get 6:05 at 10 am yesterday, so I took it and am now very grateful. I am going to keep checking (have already done that 4 times today lol) and hope to get an earlier time.

Good luck to those that still need an ADR!

I arrive in the World on Thanksgiving day. Tried to book 'Ohana online and by phone today for November 27th.

People arriving on 11/17 (or whatever the actual date) and beyond have been able to book Thanksgiving Day for 10 days already. That's why you couldn't find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter