Ohana - breakfast or dinner?

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
My son loves Lilo & Stitch so no getting around doing a meal here. We've never been but reviews are so mixed that we have no idea what to think. That being said, what's the better meal, breakfast or dinner?

Stitch is at breakfast only but dinner is way way better. I also recommend scheduling it so you can watch the fireworks from MK from there as well.

Eek selfishly I want the better food but my son already knows about the characters. Hmmm we might have some compromising to do!

The breakfast is actually pretty good. There really isn’t anything on the menu that is going to disappoint you. It’s just that Ohanas dinner is really good. It’s one restaurant that we make sure to fit in our plans every trip.

My son loves Lilo & Stitch so no getting around doing a meal here. We've never been but reviews are so mixed that we have no idea what to think. That being said, what's the better meal, breakfast or dinner?

I’d go for breakfast at Ohana. Dinner gets mixed reviews. Personally I will not have “dinner” again at Ohana even though we have stayed at the Polynesian resort a few times. To me Ohana dinner is like paying for a Mercedes Benz and you get a Pontiac Aztec instead.

I thought the breakfast at Ohana was terrible. Reconstituted powdered eggs, undercooked potatoes, gross ham and oddly spiced sausage. If you get a hot Mickey waffle, it’ll be the best thing.

The food at dinner is about 900 times better.

We've had breakfast at 'Ohana on every trip. I do not recall the food being bad. In fact, there were these sweet pineapple rolls to die for. I'm really looking forward to having both breakfast and dinner on this trip as residents of the Polynesian this July.

I’m not sure where the rumor about powdered eggs came from. Google insists all the restaurants use the typical liquid eggs, so all the breakfast buffets and such use the same product. We’ve had breakfast there and I don’t remember it being bad. I’ve heard complaints about the new ham though replacing the bacon.

I do know that they at least have real eggs at Ohana's. Because on one trip I was not eating and when the waitress and a cook found out I would not touch any of the food because port was on the platter they brought me out a half dozen eggs over easy with some other stuff.

We've had mixed experiences with the food at breakfast, so unless you MUST see Stitch, I'm always reluctant to recommend it. This past trip, our food was good, but we had one visit where we got 3 rounds of half cooked eggs and raw sausage along with rock hard waffles and potatoes. That being said, we went to 'Ohana dinner last month and while the food was still good (well, minus the pot sticker dumplings- something was off with those), it was like speed dining. We were seated 10 min early (usually a 30-45 min wait) and were out the door in under an hour (never spent less than 80min for dinner before this). We had a really nice server, but we've never had things so rushed before. Still, I think dinner has the better food and ambience.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Having issues getting a dining reservation for 6 at 18 days out so the breakfast reservation may just have to stand.

We've eaten there twice in one trip before - once for breakfast and once for dinner. It's a completely different experience. So if it would work logistically for you, and you're eager to try the dinner food (which we always love) I would suggest just going for both meals.

I have always enjoyed the Breakfast at Ohanas. Bacon/Eggs/waffles/hash browns/sausage... hard to mess that up..

Ate at Ohana yesterday am, and Stitch was roaming the restaurant (thank goodness he wasn't stuck outside just greeting people). The meats that came with the original platter were just ham and sausage, and they both tasted fine. We asked for some bacon, and a platter of it arrived within minutes. The eggs were fine.

Edited so the restaurant name was spelled correctly. Auto correct changed Ohana to Obama. LOL

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter