Ohana or Artist Pointe for Dinner?

It depend on the experience you are looking for. If you do Storybook Dining at Artist Pointe it is a character meal with Snow White, the Evil Queen, and some of the Dwarfs. Ohana doesn't have characters but there is usually a singer that walks around and they have games for the kids throughout dinner. Both are definitely family friendly. I have only been to Ohana so I can only speak for that when it comes to food but I can say it has become one of my favorite restaurants on Disney property.

Ohana’s food I personally feel like is better. Plus if you get finished early enough take the monorail and watch Happily Ever After. :)

It depend on the experience you are looking for. If you do Storybook Dining at Artist Pointe it is a character meal with Snow White, the Evil Queen, and some of the Dwarfs. Ohana doesn't have characters but there is usually a singer that walks around and they have games for the kids throughout dinner. Both are definitely family friendly. I have only been to Ohana so I can only speak for that when it comes to food but I can say it has become one of my favorite restaurants on Disney property.
Also, if you make a reservation for about an hour before Happily Ever After and request to sit next to a window you get a great view of the fireworks. They even play the music in the restaurant.

Also, if you make a reservation for about an hour before Happily Ever After and request to sit next to a window you get a great view of the fireworks. They even play the music in the restaurant.
We already have reservations for fireworks viewing at California Grill

We went to both restaurants last summer and had a blast with the characters at Storybook Dining. The Evil Queen is so sassy! Definitely the most entertaining character meet we had the whole trip. The food is overpriced, but we were on the dining plan, so that wasn’t a concern for us. Other than the bread pudding, I wasn’t wowed by the meal at Ohana. We also felt really rushed. If you like character meals, Artist Pointe is my pick hands down.

We’ve only been to O’hana’s for breakfast, but we have eaten at Artist Point. We chose to go last summer for the characters. I figured it would be a one and done, because the menu looked questionable for my kiddos. But we LOVED the food! We are going back this summer, and that was the number 1 choice that everyone wanted to do again.

We dined at both. Here are my thoughts.

O'hana dinner- We had a great server who timed all of the courses to our preferences. Drinks were filled and plates cleared in a timely manner. We liked all of the food except the dessert. The restaurant atmosphere was busy, but not crazy chaotic. We liked the decor. We felt relaxed when we left. We would return to dine here.

Artist Point(Storybook Dining)- We loved looking at Wilderness Lodge. We liked visiting the Evil Queen. We disliked the sausage (or whatever is was) appetizer. The entrees were good. Desserts were good except for the gooseberry pie. The real downer for us was the service and the chaotic atmosphere. Our server brought our courses out too fast and then did not clear any appetizer or main entree plates. I had to flag down someone else down to remove the dishes because I couldn't find our server. Drinks were not kept filled. We did not care for the specialty drinks either. They looked great,but tasted not so great. The dinner as a whole did not have a good flow. We felt not satisfied with the overall experience when we left. It's a one and done for us.

O'hana dinner- We had a great server who timed all of the courses to our preferences. Drinks were filled and plates cleared in a timely manner. We liked all of the food except the dessert. The restaurant atmosphere was busy, but not crazy chaotic. We liked the decor. We felt relaxed when we left. We would return to dine here.

Artist Point(Storybook Dining)- We loved looking at Wilderness Lodge. We liked visiting the Evil Queen. We disliked the sausage (or whatever is was) appetizer. The entrees were good. Desserts were good except for the gooseberry pie. The real downer for us was the service and the chaotic atmosphere. Our server brought our courses out too fast and then did not clear any appetizer or main entree plates. I had to flag down someone else down to remove the dishes because I couldn't find our server. Drinks were not kept filled. We did not care for the specialty drinks either. They looked great,but tasted not so great. The dinner as a whole did not have a good flow. We felt not satisfied with the overall experience when we left. It's a one and done for us.
Agree with both!!

Haha, we had exactly the opposite experience. No drink refills, disappearing server and chaotic crowded atmosphere at O'Hanas; relaxed, serene, perfectly timed dinner at Artist Point. That's typical Disney restaurants for you; never consistent.

Setting aside service, which is so variable at any Disney restaurant, I did like our food at Artist Point a lot better. It was fun to try the creative and cutely themed collection of appetizers and desserts (that red apple dessert is sooooo fun), but I also really appreciate that I could pick my entree on the menu instead of the family style at O'Hanas.

Cocktails at both restaurants were excellent :D

I am an unapologetic 'Ohana lover, but the comparison between these two is not so easy. We ate at both this past August. I liked them both quite well. Food at both is good for what they are trying to deliver. Drinks at both are good (nod to the Backscratcher at 'Ohana for the win!!!). We experienced great service at both - not always the case as outlined in almost every post above. AP has the Queen and that is worth the dinner cost - we still talk about how she reacted to my son to this date - 14 photos with him and her in them and she did not stop glowering at him!

What it boils down to is the atmosphere you want. (Kids running around and music excluded- that is the nature of Disney dining):
AP- More of a formal meal. Even though it is a character meal it is as if the restaurant can't shake it's signature vibe.
'Ohana- Feels like hanging out with family at a laid back summer bbq.

We like both, you might as well. Whatever you choose - enjoy!

The food is WAY better at Artist Point. We finally got a reservation for Ohana last summer. I was so excited to try it, and we had free dining so it made sense. It was very disappointing. Nothing was good besides the atmosphere and the drinks. Artist Point, on the other hand, was very tasty. I don't think it feels formal at all. It is full of families. We went in our park clothes and didn't feel out of place whatsoever. If I had a choice of the two, I'd pick Storybook Dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter