Ohana or Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show?

disneynay

Mouseketeer
I am considering either of these as a last minute addition to our trip next month. Does any one have any reviews or opinions? Has anyone eaten there lately?

I did SoA in May and was less than impressed. The storyline is pretty hokey and the food was okay. I expected more out of the entertainment. I'm looking forward to trying Ohana on our next trip. I have only heard good things. If you look back through the threads, there are many about SoA. Many people feel the same as I do regarding the show but then there are others who loved it.

I have to agree with Julie. The SoAS was awful. The story was so incredibly corny that I was embarrassed to watch it. Save your money and go to Ohana! We love it and make it a must do each trip.

I'm booked for this show in November. I've sold it to my children as a show ala Lilo & Stitich - at least the luau/fire part of the show.

Was the fire dancing part lame as well? The Hawiian songs on the Lilo & Stitich soundtrack are some of their favorite Disney songs (thank you iTunes).

Can you please go into more depth about the music/show?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by turnerx5
I'm booked for this show in November. I've sold it to my children as a show ala Lilo & Stitich - at least the luau/fire part of the show.

Was the fire dancing part lame as well? The Hawiian songs on the Lilo & Stitich soundtrack are some of their favorite Disney songs (thank you iTunes).

Can you please go into more depth about the music/show?

Thanks in advance.

There isn't any Lilo and Stitch there. If there were any from the soundtrack my DD or I couldn't tell. The fire dancer was really good. Unfortunately that part only lasted 5 minutes. The rest of the time you were subjected to a bunch of lame storyline.

well, although, i have never been to Ohana, so i can't give a rating on that place

i must agree that the storyline was kinda dull, but the overall show, the different hawaiian dances that they do, the fire throwing, the food, i found to be enjoyable.

we first went there when my husband and i first got engaged. I found the whole ambiance to be very romantic and entertaining.

I would definitely recommend doing it, we plan to go again.

good luck,
jen

We ate at Ohana's during our trip this past April. Let me tell you this. This was one of the best restraunts. All you can eat and the shrimp, chicken, and steak. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You get appetizers and did I mention all you can eat. Mmmmmm

Oh if you go and if you drink every now and then ( like us but usually it's once in a blue moon) order the pinapple drink (it comes with a refill)

I went to both on my last trip and we enjoyed both of them.

'Ohana is just about all meat. If you're not a big meat eater, then you'll want to skip 'Ohana. They have cute entertainment for children like the coconut races and hula lessons. You can time your dinner to watch Wishes from inside the restaurant.

The luau's story was a bit lame, but that was OK with me. It's about a young woman who returns from the mainland to the islands to visit family. Her family and friends have arranged a luau in her honor. When she arrives, she's all straightlaced in her business suit and looks down on the customs of her family. As her "auntie" and friends welcome her back into the fold, she relaxes and relearns the "Spirit of Aloha". There are traditional polynesian dances worked into the plot, as well as non-tradition dances. I thought the dances were executed well and the fire dancer was one of the best I have ever seen. The food was OK and children were asked to come up in front of the stage to hula.

Good luck making a decision!

DW & I were pleasantly surprised by the Luau in April. The story line wasn't that great, but the dancing was at least as good as we remember from the previous show. We felt the food was very good. I think it's a great "date night" type of meal. It may not be that much fun for kids. Lilo & Stitch are nowhere in sight. They do play the "Hawaiin roller coaster" (?) song. I think if kids go expecting any reference to that movie they will be very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter