Ohana.....wow and then some !

Nebraska_Disney

DIS Veteran
We had a shorter trip for us (8 days/7 nights) and we surprised our kids (son is 15 and daughter is 12). Prior to going, we knew we were not doing the DDP and were going to do 2-3 table service meals. We asked the kids their favorite and they both said Ohana.

Since we booked our trip in June, staying on site, our window was open immediately. I looked for Ohana for any of our MK or Epcot days and found 1 reservation at 9:45pm on our last day. Was not thrilled with that, as I know how Ohana backs up, but booked it. Luckily, about 10 days before our trip, I found a 4:15pm reservation for our last night, also a MK night, so I booked it and cancelled the other.

VERY glad we did. Our last trip to WDW, we did both Ohana for dinner and breakfast and both were great. We did dinner this time and it was fabulous! I'd do an early ADR every time to get the food and service which we had. Steak and shrimp were the best I have had in my 8+ trips to Ohana. Chicken was ok, but found a few pieces which were dry/fatty. Service was great and the rest of the food was good as well. Pot stickers and wings were awesome and the noodles and veggies were steaming hot and fresh when they came out. Dessert was a great ending. We were so impressed with the service, we tipped 35% and everyone left happy on our last night at WDW. I asked for lei's and our server brought not only 1 for my daughter, but for all 4 in our family. I asked if he could box up the last cupcake we did not eat, and he did that for my daughter as well.

Ohana gets a bad reputation at times, but I have been overly impressed my last 3 trips in 2016 and 2017. Service and food were top notch on all 3 visits, so if you have been reluctant to go back, I would do it. Make an EARLY ADR !!! Edited to add we went on Sunday July 30th and had a 4:15 ADR and were seated by 4:20pm

I have to add that we had a great experience here in July also. We had 2 wait staff, both were excellent, kept drinks coming! Food was slower paced than in the past. The whole atmosphere seemed calmer somehow! The food was hot! Steak done perfectly as was chicken and like you said, shrimp. It really was an excellent meal! Your review reminded me of what a great experience it was!

Want to give the Ohana a try....fingers and Mickey ears crossed that I get a spot and enjoy the experience!!

I have been to Ohana every trip and the service has always been good for me. Some food items are better than others at times but I always find multiple items that we love. My last trip I had the very late reservation which I agree the food might have lacked a little but the awesome part was getting to see the Halloween fireworks while eating. The music is piped in and its a wonderful view of the show. I highly recommend everyone at least trying it for themselves and be prepared to walk out slowly.

My husband and I got to eat there Sunday evening, and it was just amazing! Both of us haven't been there in quite some time, the food, service, and atmosphere was out of this world! Since we have been there, the dessert has been changed, and it was amazing! The best part was that my husband was talking with the waiter in how it use to be the pineapple and caramel sauce for dessert, and how it was his favorite all time dessert at O'hana. Before the waiter giving us the bill and after the other dessert, he had brought out sliced pineapple and caramel sauce! What a treat, and thoughtfulness of the staff! Would be back in a heartbeat!

We got super lucky, booked a last minute trip (2 weeks out) and I had been staking for Ohana reservations.. once the baby woke me up at 2am and like any good addict - I checked - and scored a breakfast! I can't wait. This will be our first time using table service on a Disney trip :-)

What has happened to Ohana over the last couple of years, change in management, staff, chef? Our last trip there in 2015 was horrendous with fatty, under-cooked meat, chewy wings, and poor service. Thankfully I stuffed myself silly on bread pudding to salvage the entire meal.

What has happened to Ohana over the last couple of years, change in management, staff, chef? Our last trip there in 2015 was horrendous with fatty, under-cooked meat, chewy wings, and poor service. Thankfully I stuffed myself silly on bread pudding to salvage the entire meal.

Sorry, you did not enjoy it. We've never had a bad experience there over many years and visits.

I'll be experiencing Ohana for the first time coming up in October. For some reason, it hasn't ever made it to our "final draft" when planning our ADRs. This time I fought for it, so I hope it's fantastic!

the food is great but the service does slide a little during the busiest dinner rush. our first trip, our hostess walked us through the restaurant so fast that we couldn't even keep up with her let alone hear what she was saying. food so good though so we keep going back.

We were very happy with our food there too last week. Ohana is my favorite WDW restaurant.

Going to have to make a reservation there, sounds like. We've been by it, but never eaten there.

This is by far my girls favorite place to eat (2 dinners every trip) and we even enjoy the breakfast there. In over 10 meals we have never had bad service or food.

We’ll be eating there for dinner 2 times on our upcoming trip this December. It is one of our favorite restaurants at Disney!

Thanks for your review. We loved O'hana when we were there, but it's been a while. We are booked for December, but, good to know it's still good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!