Ohana

Disneylovers2000

DIS Veteran
There are MANY mixed reviews for the Ohana dinner. For the cost, I don't want us to have just meh food or experience. What are your experiences? We did Hoop-dee-doo in 2015 and it was fantastic. Thought of doing something different for our party of 13!

There are MANY mixed reviews for the Ohana dinner. For the cost, I don't want us to have just meh food or experience. What are your experiences? We did Hoop-dee-doo in 2015 and it was fantastic. Thought of doing something different for our party of 13!
Oct will be our 15th trip from the west Oregon/Arizona, my DW and I are are both 70 with no kids and have always watched family's waiting for Hoop-Dee-Doo. I finally made ressies for this fall and will join the fun. What the heck,you don't know what you missed until you try it. With beer,wine and ribs it can't be all bad.

Ohana is ok; I think they rush you but the food is good. ...... But no way does it compare to the HOOP!

Completely agree with Ed, if I had to pick between the two it would be the Hoop every time.

Have to disagree! :) It's sort of mixin apples and oranges. One a show, the other not. We never miss going to 'Ohana each trip since it opened. One is picnic fare (and good) but the show is the star, the other a Brazillian steakhouse type meal (if you've been to one) that we absolutely love. In spite of some reviews, we have never had anything but a great meal and service.

Does anyone know if there has been a head chef change at Ohana? Has it been not as good this year?

Over the years, we have eaten there dozens of times.

After Years of hoping they will fix it , we gave up. The restaurant is almost always understaffed so we wait and wait and wait for food, drinks etc. Even worse the food is sub-par. At one time the shrimp were the absolute best there was - and the recipe is readily available online but somehow they seem to have forgotten it at O'Hana. The shrimp went from great to bland. The chicken is ok and the steak is decent but often very rare.

THere are good points -the appetizers are wonderful and the desert is always a hit. That said we will avoid O'Hana going forward until it's truly fixed.

Well, if enough people would feel like the posters here we wouldn't have such a tough time getting our ADR dates and times for our trips. It's always a 'must do' for us. We wouldn't miss it. The wings, potstickers, salad and dessert are worth it for us - that is, 'Disney worth' lol.
My dh always enjoys the shrimp and steak - never had a problem asking/getting our steaks cooked to our liking. Each to his own for sure! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!