Ohanna,s Breakfast... no more Stich inside?

Mr Toads Horizons

Earning My Ears
Currently in line at Ohanna’s to meet Stich before we enter the restaurant. The host told us he will not be walking around to tables??? This is why I made the reservation. My fiancé loves Stich, does anyone know why this changed?

Please tell me this isn't true! Stitch is the only reason we booked Ohana for breakfast on our departure day!

Please tell me this isn't true! Stitch is the only reason we booked Ohana for breakfast on our departure day!

He's basically the only reason I booked on our first day (that and I wanted to see the Polynesian). Oh well...

This happened to us at 1900 Park Fare ... had to meet Mad Hatter outside as we left. It completely changed the meal and experience. His high energy shenanigans during the meal is what made it so fun. Another meal off the list. On the positive note: Thanks Disney, you keep saving me money.

You do still get to meet Stitch. Not quite the same, but he is still there and it does give you something to do while waiting to be seated.

Currently in line at Ohanna’s to meet Stich before we enter the restaurant. The host told us he will not be walking around to tables??? This is why I made the reservation. My fiancé loves Stich, does anyone know why this changed?

I just ate breakfast there for the first time this August and loved it. Didn't bother me that he was out front. The line to meet him maybe took 10 min and didn't really matter since we had to wait for our table anyway. I guess if you don't know the difference, then you have nothing to compare it to but it's now def one of my favorite character meals! We still had to wait on Mickey after we were done eating since he needed a break. My only negative to the whole experience was that the hostess was not WDW material, she was snarky and not very pleasant. But otherwise we loved it. Will def be back!!

This happened to us at 1900 Park Fare ... had to meet Mad Hatter outside as we left. It completely changed the meal and experience. His high energy shenanigans during the meal is what made it so fun. Another meal off the list. On the positive note: Thanks Disney, you keep saving me money.

Oh. Oh dear. I might be adjusting our ADR plans as well, if that's where this is going... These are supposed to be Character Meals with Interaction, not Greet n' Eat!

I might be going this route as well, while saving $100 in the process. Maybe Stitch will still be greeting guests outside his lost "Great Escape Attraction".

To speed up the turnover of tables.
Also to lessen the expectations that are placed on the CM's working as Friends ;)

Less theatrical movements required in the costume, so less wear & tear on the costumes, less signing of autographs required (if they pass out cards), less liability of wearing a giant mascot costume in a restaurant!!!, better accessibility to breakrooms/bathrooms, less Interaction/knowledge of the character required... I could go on... but it's depressing.

Oh. Oh dear. I might be adjusting our ADR plans as well, if that's where this is going... These are supposed to be Character Meals with Interaction, not Greet n' Eat!
Seriously. If that's the new method, I could get the same experience for MUCH cheaper by bringing a sandwich or a breakfast item with me as I wait in line for a regular character M&G. Ha! :crazy:

FYI, we had the same experience in the spring, but last month Pooh met outside 1900 PF and Hatter was circulating. So, nothing is set in stone :)

Y'all need to head to Disneyland and to the Paradise Pier Hotel. Stitch is at Mickey's Surf's Up breakfast and roaming free, and he is totally awesome there! Best interactions from any character meal we have had. We also visited 'Ohana on our WDW trip and I was a little disappointed it was a line then a photo op then done, though my 11yo who is a mad Stitch fan was still ecstatic.

Y'all need to head to Disneyland and to the Paradise Pier Hotel. Stitch is at Mickey's Surf's Up breakfast and roaming free, and he is totally awesome there! Best interactions from any character meal we have had. We also visited 'Ohana on our WDW trip and I was a little disappointed it was a line then a photo op then done, though my 11yo who is a mad Stitch fan was still ecstatic.

Late breakfast at PCH Grill and the characters practically eat with you. Great recommendation!

I agree about the Stitch here.... he was great! Although the Mickey here was less than a great experience for our group..... I agree with pp's....why pay a huge premium for meal with characters if it's just another line to wait in anyway? I can do that without paying extra elsewhere in the parks.

Wow, I hope they don't decide to ruin dinner at 1900 park fare doing the same thing! That's supposed to be one of the best character interaction experiences that I keep hearing about and I'll be going there in April.

Meeting Stitch outside the restaurant? Nah I will just move this meal to a No (and we have eaten here 4 times in 4 trips). My girls have picked the Bon Voyage Breakfast instead.

Is there anywhere else in the parks you can meet him? We have breakfast booked for May but if there is somewhere else to meet him I think I'll just cancel since we're already doing dinner there.

Wait, what? The Mad Hatter doesn't come round the restaurant any more?! Aaarrggh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!