OKW Grand Villa

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
Just secured a GV at OKW for 5 nights in April 2014. Ther will be 10 of us ranging in age from 4-54. Near Hospitlaity House was not available. Should I waitlist for that or try to make a specific request as to where we would like to be? This will be our first trip to OKW. Not sure where the best section is. Any help is appreciated.

Just secured a GV at OKW for 5 nights in April 2014. Ther will be 10 of us ranging in age from 4-54. Near Hospitlaity House was not available. Should I waitlist for that or try to make a specific request as to where we would like to be? This will be our first trip to OKW. Not sure where the best section is. Any help is appreciated.

We had a GV in Bldg 15. We were right next to the tee box and could watch the golfers tee off. We could catch the bus at Millers Road or HH. If we saw the bus head to Millers Road stop, we could head for the HH and catch it there.

I wouldn't even bother with a waitlist for the "Near HH" grand villa. There is only one grand villa in that category (I believe building 25), and in order for your waitlist to work, all five of your nights would have to come available at once. I would guess that only owners booking close to 11 months ever get that one g.v.

We stayed at a OKW grand villa a few years back. It is fantastic, and you will love it. The only downside is that you will always want a g.v. from now on...

Enjoy!

As to the HH GVs, there are only two and those are usualy reserved close to 11 months out. You could try to waitlist but don't hold your breath on that one. particularly for one of the Easter weeks.

We were in a GV in building #29 with kids from 5-14 last year. It was great for them - they could walk to the HH and pool whenever they wanted. It was great for all of us because it's only a very short walk to the bus stop on Peninsular, which is the first stop in OKW. So in the am we could either get on there if the bus was coming for the park we wanted, or walk to the HH, which has the last bus stop. Then at night we had the first stop for getting off, which was very nice.

The view is of the tee on the 5th hole.

Not sure where all of the GV are located, but we stayed in a 1bdrm in the Turtle Pond area last year and loved it. Walkable to the HH area but very quiet. It was our first OKW stay, but it won't be our last!

We stayed in a GV in 15. It is close to HH. We would walk to HH to catch a bus leaving the resort and get off at the first stop on the return trip and walk back to Building 15. We felt is was a very convenient location.

Love :love: the Grand Villas at OKW, once we stayed right by the HH (great location) & once down ways toward the tennis courts. :)

We have stayed numerous times in OKW GVs, and our favorite GV building is 15. It's kind of between HH and Miller's Road, so an easy walk to both areas, and you can choose between those two bus stops as well. We usually sent one of the younger people out the door to go down to the HH bus stop When they saw the bus turning toward Miller's Road, they called us oldsters in the GV, and we started walking to the HH bus stop arriving just head of the bus. LOVE that location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter