OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

In addition to what Deb and Bill said above, they also have Tide regular. No Free and Clear.
I'm just renting points from owner for a Deluxe Studio, I'll just bring my own Perfume Free and Clear Laundry Detergent for the washers, My DH gets eczema from harsh chemicals in Tide.

Has anyone eaten the Food offerings at Gurgling suitcase?
I know it's just a small bar but I was thinking about picking up a quick bite after arriving.
I see that it is next door to the To go QS food place.
I'm interested in the Grouper bites and Conch Fritters, wish the QS food To Go would offer these. Thanks

Gurgling Suitcase, can you get food there?
I read on a blog that you can order food items to go from Olivia's, Good's to go and their bar offering, is this true?
Thanks

I read on a blog that you can order food items to go from Olivia's, Good's to go and their bar offering, is this true?
Thanks
You cannot order take out from Olivia's (nor any table service restaurant for that matter). Yes, you can get food from the Gurgling Suitcase:

Gurgling Suitcase

Daily Food Offerings

Onion Rings
Key Lime-Mustard and Mango Ketchup
$6.49
Conch Fritters
Key Lime-Mustard and Remoulade
$11.49
Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos
House-made Potato Chips, Pulled Pork, Jalapeños, Queso Blanco, Pepper Jack Cheese and Tomato Salsa
$8.29
Grouper Bites
Crispy fried Grouper Bites served with Crisp Lettuce Wraps, Grilled-Pineapple Salsa and Remoulade Sauce
$14.99
Gurgling Burger
Fried Green Tomatoes, Crab Salad and Tomato Jam served with House-made Potato Chips
$17.49

Last edited:

You cannot order take out from Olivia's (nor any table service restaurant for that matter). Yes, you can get food from the Gurgling Suitcase:

Gurgling Suitcase

Daily Food Offerings

Onion Rings
Key Lime-Mustard and Mango Ketchup
$6.49
Conch Fritters
Key Lime-Mustard and Remoulade
$11.49
Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos
House-made Potato Chips, Pulled Pork, Jalapeños, Queso Blanco, Pepper Jack Cheese and Tomato Salsa
$8.29
Grouper Bites
Crispy fried Grouper Bites served with Crisp Lettuce Wraps, Grilled-Pineapple Salsa and Remoulade Sauce
$14.99
Gurgling Burger
Fried Green Tomatoes, Crab Salad and Tomato Jam served with House-made Potato Chips
$17.49
I was going to post the exact same as you. This menu is found on the WDW website under dining. And this doesn't appear to be available at night, only during lunch and dinner hours. If you want something from Good's to Go, you just order from there.

Thanks so much, I saw that menu online but
have read conflicting recent Blogs that say that you can order from Olivia's.
I May have to try the Grouper bites, I'm guessing they are like Fish Nuggets?

Thanks

The food here comes straight through the door from Good's. They are side by side and have a door in between. I didn't eat but it all looked good which is saying something because we had the Deluxe Dining plan and food didn't look good at that time of night anymore..pirate:

It may come as a surprise to all of you, but I sat at the Gurgling Suitcase every night last week after the grandtinker and family went to bed. Loved sitting there and watching the late Hockey games with the bartender (Roberto I think..the one that has a 21 year old son in college and is expecting his second...wow...good for him.). Had a few Yuenglings one day with Heather tending the bar as well.

We were in Building 42 and can't express how much we enjoyed the resort. So much room in the dedicated 2BR. My folks came down late in the week and were in a lockoff studio in building 41 and it was a nice room also. I can totally see why the OKW community is like a frat. Seemed like an oasis of its own, kicked back and relaxed in the middle of a Hurricane just outside it's perimeter. Even though it is the oldest, I could easily see my wife and I buying there. Great vacation.

We are going to OKW for our first time July 20-27 ! How exciting! We didn't ask for any specific building, just whatever is chosen!
I don't think I've ever had a "bad" building at OKW, though I certainly have my preferences and favorites. And that is all just a matter of taste. For instance, I don't care for Bldgs 27 to 29 because they don't have a great view from the balconies, though they have a nice view of the canal out of the front window and entry area, other people like them because they are closer to the check-in area than many others. I also don't care for bldg. 50, simply because it is the furthest from Olivia's and the General Store. But none of them are "bad" buildings or locations. My favorites are bldgs. 30 to 35 because they are close to the nicest of the quiet pools and close to the Turtle Pond bus stop. But everyone has their own preferred areas and buildings.

I don't think I've ever had a "bad" building at OKW, though I certainly have my preferences and favorites. And that is all just a matter of taste. For instance, I don't care for Bldgs 27 to 29 because they don't have a great view from the balconies, though they have a nice view of the canal out of the front window and entry area, other people like them because they are closer to the check-in area than many others. I also don't care for bldg. 50, simply because it is the furthest from Olivia's and the General Store. But none of them are "bad" buildings or locations. My favorites are bldgs. 30 to 35 because they are close to the nicest of the quiet pools and close to the Turtle Pond bus stop. But everyone has their own preferred areas and buildings.

Thanks! This is our first time trying a DVC property. My husband works for ESPN/Disney, which is why we were able to afford this, and it helps to have the extra room/walls with three young adults in our family. I am thrilled to have the kitchen for fixing quick breakfasts as well ! Can't wait !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter