OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I know grey bathrooms are in right now, but definitely doesn't fit the theme...

Exactly. Part of what makes Disney reosrts so attractive is the theme. OKW was never "over the top" Mickey Mouse/Disney, but it was definitely colorful like the real Key West.

Well thank goodness they have a picture hanging with the words Key West and one of shells in the bathroom, or I might not know where the heck I am! Jeepers, a bit generic and dull in color.

I saw pics of the 1 bedroom, there's at least some color there in the dining room chairs and in the living room rug!
Colors, yes, but the wrong colors. Not Key West colors. More like Contemporary colors.

I do not often stay in OKW, but the studio looks good.
That's because they really didn't do much in the studio, just the bathroom and the cabinet over the kitchenette sink. Plus the aforementioned pictures.

Just looking at the pictures of the refurb studio, is there no alarm clock?

Staying here in December and I'm very excited about the renovations. It's my home resort but I haven't stayed here in years. Looking forward to it!

I saw some other photos (professional photographer) and the bathrooms looked bluer than the greyer photos I have seen- not sure. I do know that those who have stayed there have been pretty universal in their praise. Whilst the 'theming' is a bit less, I also like the newer look- same can be said of BWV- but I wish they had also ripped out the garish coloured 1990s tiles there and redone the main bathroom also.

I saw some other photos (professional photographer) and the bathrooms looked bluer than the greyer photos I have seen- not sure. I do know that those who have stayed there have been pretty universal in their praise. Whilst the 'theming' is a bit less, I also like the newer look- same can be said of BWV- but I wish they had also ripped out the garish coloured 1990s tiles there and redone the main bathroom also.
A bit less? It's totally gone except for the outside of the buildings. The pictures they had of all the shells and the map of Key West are gone and replaced with pictures that could be used at BWV or BCV or BLT. The designer should be fired (as well as those who approved the design) except she/he is probably a relative to someone towards the top of the ladder.

Colors, yes, but the wrong colors. Not Key West colors. More like Contemporary colors.

UGH! Looks like a cheap alternate residence for a consultant.

Walk the dining ware section of an IKEA. Consultants temporarily relocated pushing carriages loaded up with white dishes and the requisite coffee pot. Why grey? Grey? Nothing sings happiness and vacation like...grey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter