OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

For those OKW owners that extended their OKW deed, what paper work did you get confirming the extension?

Booked for May 12-17th 2019 first time at OKW trying to decide best place to request a room. Mom has an ECV. We would like to be close to transportation and a refillable drink station. Don't necessarily have to be close to HH unless that's where the only drink station is?
There is a drink station at the HH. There might be one at the Turtle Shack but that is only open certain times of the year. As far as the mobility issues there are only two buildings with elevators. If you can't get that then ask for a ground floor unit. Make sure you mention that someone in your party has a mobility issue.

Still hoping someone can answer which buildings might be renovated for our October trip? Anyone?

I really want to stay in a renovated room for the end of November 2018 and hopefully close to transportation. Any suggestions? Thanks!
In your case I'd request Turtle Pond or South Point since only villas in those areas have been completed yet.

There is a drink station at the HH. There might be one at the Turtle Shack but that is only open certain times of the year. As far as the mobility issues there are only two buildings with elevators. If you can't get that then ask for a ground floor unit. Make sure you mention that someone in your party has a mobility issue.
Three buildings with elevators- 62, 63 and 64.

My understanding is that these buildings have been renovated: 30-35, 45-48 and 53-56.

We are at our home airport waiting for our 5:30 flight, but we already received our room assignment for building 34. :cool1:
Have a great time! Is you get a chance would you mind asking if 42 is done as that’s building I’m hoping for!

Thank you very much! I'm putting in our request for Buildings 32 or 34 based on this info and the Unofficial Guide.

We arrived about an hour ago. Our room in building 34 is renovated and everything is fresh and new. I will post my impressions when I’ve had more of a chance to absorb the changes and seen them in daylight (we arrived after dark). We were very disappointed with our (un-renovated) room last year, so I’m trying to keep an open mind with regard to the changes. It is steamy here - dew point is high, but as DH reminds me “it’s July, honey!”. :goodvibes We have cousins flying in to join us tomorrow....looking forward to a great time!

Following for updates we have a big family trip in December!

Last edited:
Following for updates we have a big family trip in December!
I just saw to on a FB page “thisRoom 1113 is refurbed!! Wasn’t expecting any HH rooms to be done” Wondering if this was true since it is close to HH?TY!

I just saw to on a FB page “thisRoom 1113 is refurbed!! Wasn’t expecting any HH rooms to be done” Wondering if this was true since it is close to HH?TY!
Why would they just do one room in Bldg 11 instead of the entire building? This may have been a model room.

We arrived about an hour ago. Our room in building 34 is renovated and everything is fresh and new. I will post my impressions when I’ve had more of a chance to absorb the changes and seen them in daylight (we arrived after dark). We were very disappointed with our (un-renovated) room last year, so I’m trying to keep an open mind with regard to the changes. It is steamy here - dew point is high, but as DH reminds me “it’s July, honey!”. :goodvibes We have cousins flying in to join us tomorrow....looking forward to a great time!

PICTURES, please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!