OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Yes, that's what happens. You stay for twelve nights and you get a full cleaning on day 4 and day 12, with your towels and amenities replaced on day 8.

But not a smart or efficient process. I guess I used to request a change. I had a full cleaning on day 3 and my second to last day. Foolish.

But not a smart or efficient process. I guess I used to request a change. I had a full cleaning on day 3 and my second to last day. Foolish.
After eight nights with no full cleaning, I'll take it on Day 12. And I would have gotten my towels replaced and amenities replaced on day 8. It's every four days.

We are very excited for our February 2019 OKW stay in a 2BR! We are not DVC and aren't renting points; we reserved directly through Disney. We are hoping to get a refurbished room. I've been combing this awesome thread for information for our upcoming trip!
I'm trying to minimize walking a bit as I plan our trip, as we are going with my in-laws. They are mobile, but a little less walking would be helpful for them.
Room Requests: I'm eyeing Buildings 45-46 (refurbished, quieter, beautiful water view, close to a bus stop). However, some reviews I've read indicate that it can take awhile either walking or via a bus ride to get from that area to HH/ main pool. Our kids will certainly want to use the main pool often, and we are arriving very early on our arrival day, so I assume we will be storing our bags at Bell Services for awhile until our room is ready later in the day (so perhaps easy access to HH would be more useful for that reason, as well). I also see it's rumored that some of the buildings near HH are starting refurbishment today.
Given these factors and your experience, would you recommend requesting Bldgs 45-46, or requesting near HH?
THANK YOU very much in advance for your help!!! :thanks:

Just stayed here for 5 nights in a renovated 2 bedroom. Amazing. Makes me want to sell my AKV contracts for a nice big OKW one, but I would want to buy an extended contract and those are on the rare side :worried:.

You can always extend any OKW contract for $25 dollars per point.

If you have an non extended contract you can contact your sales rep and extend your contract. I'm 99% sure the current rate is $25 per point.
If the contract already had the release signed, you wouldn't be able to extend it. And, considering, most original owners paid close to $65(more or less, we only paid $50 from DVC), $25 was a lot of money at the time. Even $15 a point, the original cost for about three months, then it was raised to $20 a point for maybe six more month. I don't remember the exact time frame, but we thought it was way too much considering we paid $50 a point for 40 years and wouldn't even be around in 2042 (I'd be 91 going on 92).

We are very excited for our February 2019 OKW stay in a 2BR! We are not DVC and aren't renting points; we reserved directly through Disney. We are hoping to get a refurbished room. I've been combing this awesome thread for information for our upcoming trip!
I'm trying to minimize walking a bit as I plan our trip, as we are going with my in-laws. They are mobile, but a little less walking would be helpful for them.
Room Requests: I'm eyeing Buildings 45-46 (refurbished, quieter, beautiful water view, close to a bus stop). However, some reviews I've read indicate that it can take awhile either walking or via a bus ride to get from that area to HH/ main pool. Our kids will certainly want to use the main pool often, and we are arriving very early on our arrival day, so I assume we will be storing our bags at Bell Services for awhile until our room is ready later in the day (so perhaps easy access to HH would be more useful for that reason, as well). I also see it's rumored that some of the buildings near HH are starting refurbishment today.
Given these factors and your experience, would you recommend requesting Bldgs 45-46, or requesting near HH?
THANK YOU very much in advance for your help!!! :thanks:
We were in Bldg 45 on the first floor (remember those buildings do not have elevators so your inlaws will need to hike the stairs if you get second or third floor) and found the noise of the squealing brakes of the buses to be annoying. These two buildings are pretty much in demand from members, so you might not have access to them. The buildings directly adjacent to HH, 11-14 and 23-26, won't be available to you on a cash reservation since they are a specific booking category for DVC stays on points. 45 and 45 aren't right next to the South Point pool, nor right next to the bus stop. Both are a little walk from those buildings.

If you walk to the HH from these buildings, you cross the road twice, once right at the stop sign at the corner of Peninsular Road and Old Turtle Pond and then again after you cross the bridge near the HH.

We were in Bldg 45 on the first floor (remember those buildings do not have elevators so your inlaws will need to hike the stairs if you get second or third floor) and found the noise of the squealing brakes of the buses to be annoying. These two buildings are pretty much in demand from members, so you might not have access to them. The buildings directly adjacent to HH, 11-14 and 23-26, won't be available to you on a cash reservation since they are a specific booking category for DVC stays on points. 45 and 45 aren't right next to the South Point pool, nor right next to the bus stop. Both are a little walk from those buildings.

If you walk to the HH from these buildings, you cross the road twice, once right at the stop sign at the corner of Peninsular Road and Old Turtle Pond and then again after you cross the bridge near the HH.

@Deb & Bill , thank you for your detailed reply! Given it sounds like both of our current ideas may not work, do you have any suggestions of areas/ buildings to request? Thank you! :flower1:

@Deb & Bill , thank you for your detailed reply! Given it sounds like both of our current ideas may not work, do you have any suggestions of areas/ buildings to request? Thank you! :flower1:
We like to stay in 15 with a view of the golf course (and there is a large water hazard on the course there with the green on an island in the water), 16, 17 or 18. All are close to the Millers Road bus stop and pool. And an easy walk to the HH.

If you have an non extended contract you can contact your sales rep and extend your contract. I'm 99% sure the current rate is $25 per point.

No more extensions are being offered. And I think I saw a report that if someone goes to sell and had not signed the quit claim deed or paid for the extension then they are being required to sign the quit claim deed prior to selling.

OKW is awesome, isn't it? Not everyone feels that way, and as a loooongtime OKW member I am just fine with that. :cutie:

Yes, and we’re only 30! Seems like the resort has a rep for being for the older set. I think we stayed in building 55, 3rd floor. Golf course view and you could see the ship in Typhoon Lagoon...fun! There was a dead tree outside our room and the one day they came by and cut it down. They did it in about 10 minutes, it was interesting. Haha. You could see the road from our balcony but it wasn’t loud.

Quick walk to the Turtle Pond pool. Many times when we started to walk to the main pool we got picked up by a nice CM driving a golf cart. We had a car and being able to park right outside the room was great. I have a really good sense of direction but for how close it is to so much stuff I never got used to how to get there. It’s kind of strange actually.

Anyways you really feel like you’re on vacation at OKW, more so than many of the other resorts IMO.

Hello Everyone! Coffee Pot Question...What kind of coffee pots are in the OKW DVC Studio? I want to bring my own coffee but its for a drip machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!