OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I am deciding between a two bedroom lock off or a regular 2 bedroom. I understand the general differences between the two at other resorts but when I look at the two floor plans at OKW they look identical. Can somebody shed some light for me on this? Thank you

If I recall correctly, the differences are mostly in the studio portion of the lockoff; since it needs to be a standalone studio, it has a separate deck, front door, and a kitchenette (as well as the connecting door between the one bedroom and the studio). I don't think non-lockoff version of the two bedroom has any of that.

I am deciding between a two bedroom lock off or a regular 2 bedroom. I understand the general differences between the two at other resorts but when I look at the two floor plans at OKW they look identical. Can somebody shed some light for me on this? Thank you
The studio portion of the lockoff will have a small balcony; the second bedroom won't. The studio portion has the kitchenette right outside the bathroom; the second bedroom won't have a kitchenette and will have a second bathroom vanity in that spot. The studio portion will have the door to the outside; the second bedroom will have a large closet in that spot, so two closets in the second bedroom. But both will have two queen beds, no difference there.

The studio portion of the lockoff will have a small balcony; the second bedroom won't. The studio portion has the kitchenette right outside the bathroom; the second bedroom won't have a kitchenette and will have a second bathroom vanity in that spot. The studio portion will have the door to the outside; the second bedroom will have a large closet in that spot, so two closets in the second bedroom. But both will have two queen beds, no difference there.
Thanks so much!!

Hi! Has anyone stayed or seen the changes in a renovated handicapped unit?

Just came back to the Dis after a long break. We're going down for two weeks, end of Jan, just me and the wife. Trying to get caught up with the changes, is the renovation complete, we have a one bedroom for our stay, could end up in any section. We come down every other year for two weeks and are always surprised with how many thing change, Disney springs should be interesting, lots of stuff was going on there on our last visit. We like the every other year routine, not the same old same old, looking forward to our stay and taking in the new things to experience.

Just came back to the Dis after a long break. We're going down for two weeks, end of Jan, just me and the wife. Trying to get caught up with the changes, is the renovation complete, we have a one bedroom for our stay, could end up in any section. We come down every other year for two weeks and are always surprised with how many thing change, Disney springs should be interesting, lots of stuff was going on there on our last visit. We like the every other year routine, not the same old same old, looking forward to our stay and taking in the new things to experience.

Disney Springs = HUGE changes.

What exactly is it that’s making you nervous?
I have heard such mixed reviews. Some say the buses are full by the time they get to that bus stop, so much so that most times they don’t even stop. Also I have heard it’s really loud. We will not have a car and will have 4 teenagers who like to do things but don’t necessarily like to walk to far in the August heat to get there after being in the parks.

I have heard such mixed reviews. Some say the buses are full by the time they get to that bus stop, so much so that most times they don’t even stop. Also I have heard it’s really loud. We will not have a car and will have 4 teenagers who like to do things but don’t necessarily like to walk to far in the August heat to get there after being in the parks.
We've had over 20 stays at OKW and always use the buses to get to the parks. Never had a problem with the buses. So don't worry about that. There are four pools, so they shouldn't have a problem finding the pool. They can hop any bus and get off at the Hospitality House to eat, shop, dine, take part in activities. Then walk over to Peninsular Road and grab a bus there back to their area if they don't want to walk back. They can take the boat or a bus over to Disney Springs.

I haven't had as many overall OKW stays as Deb and Bill, but I've had 4 stays in the past 3 years, and have had only one bus issue for which we were way overcompensated. That's a better record than for a lot of other resorts I've stayed in :-)

We've had over 20 stays at OKW and always use the buses to get to the parks. Never had a problem with the buses. So don't worry about that. There are four pools, so they shouldn't have a problem finding the pool. They can hop any bus and get off at the Hospitality House to eat, shop, dine, take part in activities. Then walk over to Peninsular Road and grab a bus there back to their area if they don't want to walk back. They can take the boat or a bus over to Disney Springs.
Thank you!

So I know this is listed somewhere but I’m not seeing a recent post when I search it on the thread... What type of coffee makers are in the refurbished villas? Want to make sure we’re bringing the right type of coffee/ filters. Any other suggestions for kitchen items to bring? We’ve never stayed at a villa before so this is new for us, and I see varied reports online as far as what is and is not already in the villa kitchens.
:thanks: THANK YOU in advance! About a month until we’re there!!!! :cloud9:

The OKW Coffee makers have been the 10 to 12 cup Mr. Coffee type machines that take the basket type filters. I doubt that has changed with the refurbishment.

174 days until we go home agin. 2 bedroom unit, HH, with a lock off. Just started my reservations. Flying this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!