Okw Question

disneybass

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at
I was looking at the Conch Flats map last night and noticed that the building numbers skip from 56 to 62. What happened to 57 thru 61? Anybody know?:confused3

I've always wondered that too!!! I wonder if on the original plan there might have been buildings planned for the other side of the canal? I guess without seeing the original plans, we'll never know!

Building 62,63 and 64 were build a few years after the rest of the resort, so that may account for the skipped numbers. There are also design differences, because ADA laws changed between the time the rest of OKW was completed and the "new" buildings were constructed.

dianeschlicht, I was thinking the same thing about the design change. Looks like there is just enough room on the east side of the canal for 5 bldgs.

dianeschlicht, I was thinking the same thing about the design change. Looks like there is just enough room on the east side of the canal for 5 bldgs.

Yes, and my guess is that wetlands management might be why it wasn't and can't be done.

Yes, and my guess is that wetlands management might be why it wasn't and can't be done

I could write a book about this. We built a house on the water in PC, Fl. in 2004 and you would not believe the red tape involved. It took 4 months to get the permit to build my boathouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter