OKW Rooms

shpdem

Mouseketeer
Why has disney allowed for OKW rooms to get so run down and old looking. Do they have it scheduled for a remodel anytime soon?

Why has disney allowed for OKW rooms to get so run down and old looking. Do they have it scheduled for a remodel anytime soon?

They are themed to Key West in the early 1900's. They are not going to look like the W Hotel on Michigan Avenue in Chicago.

I loved the look before the renovation and the look after the renovation is growing on me.

Disney doesn't renovate DVC resorts. DVC members pay for DVC renovations with their dues.

Have you ever stayed there?

Its definately just me then, its the tile colors in the bathrooms and kitchen with the cabinets that get me, the rest of the resort i like. I guess thats why everyone has an opinion and taste. I know each resort has specified themes i just expected more of a remodel like CSR and doing away with bedspreads. I run a hotel which greatly ruins every vacation when it comes to details in a room I've been trained to notice everything, so when we stay anywhere i just bite my tongue and don't mention issues I see because I know my wife will never notice them and they aren't major problems. Thanks for the info though

...I know each resort has specified themes i just expected more of a remodel like CSR and doing away with bedspreads....

Key West is not Spanish/South American/Mexican. It's Victorian.

You probably would have hated the pickled wood look in the bathroom area before they painted it during the renovation. I don't care for the dark painted woods (I liked the natural woods and iron bed frame from before), but as long as they keep them looking good and not all scratched up, I'll be happy. The old bedspreads fit the theme better than the ones they replaced them with (look like Beach Club instead of Key West).

If they put an appropriately themed scarf on the bed, it should look nice with the triple sheeting.

And I love the pink/peach tile in the bathroom. Along with the green/teal tiles.

yeah, i think it's the next remodel that will do away with bedspreads at OKW. (2020 maybe? :) )

yeah, i think it's the next remodel that will do away with bedspreads at OKW. (2020 maybe? :) )

Nope, Charles, they are already doing it. 2020 is too early for the next renovation. Maybe 2030.

Why has disney allowed for OKW rooms to get so run down and old looking.

When you say run down, give examples? Because that's not been my experience, it happens to be my favorite resort, still even after the refurb! The floors, the fixtures, the furniture I've found to be in good condition. I even like the crackled coffee table! The only disapointment I had with the refurb was that they did very little in the bathrooms, floor tile in particular! But I think the cost and time to dig all that up is probably why they did nothing to it!

I was there on the 18th, in #43 Turtle Pond and we had a lovely, well appointed 2br! By the same token, I think the studios get much wear and tear and thankfully, I never book those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter