OKW to GF ? Without taking bus, no car

msvlg

Mouseketeer
Can I take a shuttle from OKW to Grand Floridian? I have the Princess Tea Party scheduled at 9 and with my 3 year old in her costume I figured it would be easier than waiting for a bus,then getting from bus to GF. If so does anyone have an approximate cost? Does it have to be scheduled
ahead? Thank you

By “ shuttle” do you mean Uber/Lyft/Taxi/ Minnie Van?
Yes you can for any of them.

Can I take a shuttle from OKW to Grand Floridian? I have the Princess Tea Party scheduled at 9 and with my 3 year old in her costume I figured it would be easier than waiting for a bus,then getting from bus to GF. If so does anyone have an approximate cost? Does it have to be scheduled
ahead? Thank you

Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van are all on demand services. You request a ride when you are ready to leave.

Sometimes taxis are waiting outside the resorts.

I think the Minnie car is $25. Being such a special event... go for it:-)
One of the longer WdW destinations..... so good bang for the buck for Minnie ride
Happy planning
Kerri

Download the Lyft app for your phone and Uber app for your phone. They are both active in Disney World. You connect a credit card to the app on your phone, and then when you arrive at your destination you just push a button to pay.

We have used Lyft in Disney World. We also have done the Minnie Vans. The Minnie Vans can ONLY be scheduled through Lyft. To access them, scroll down to the bottom of the Lyft pop-up where you select your type of vehicle.

I have used Uber, though Not at Disney World. Most recently I used Uber to get around all over in Mexico last week. It was great not having to negotiate prices with taxicab drivers.

I believe the Minnie Van, starting this week, went to flexible pricing of $15 for flag drop then they charge for mileage.

When we took a regular Lyft from French Quarter over to the monorail resorts it was around $20

Last edited:
I would use Uber. Even if you need a car seat, an Uber with car seat will be far cheaper than a Minnie van. Also the Uber will pick you up right in front of you villa. I don’t know if the Minnie vans do this. I’ve gotten an Uber with a car seat from the contemporary to OKW and that was around $12. About a third of what you’d pay for a Minnie van.

Mininie Vans pick up and drop you off at your chosen location, just like regular Lyft and Uber. So long as it is within Disney World. It is true that they cost a bit more than a regular transport. However it is not just about the transportation, it is about the fun. True once you get in a Minnie Van it is just like all the other vans and cars. Except that the driver is an actual Disney cast member who can answer questions sometimes.

Our last couple of trips, we have ubered ALL AROUND wdw and LOVED it!!! It's my preferred mode of transportation. Much faster than relying on disney transportation (which we still use when it makes sense) and way more cheap AND convenient than renting a car. We used to rent, but no more!!! :D

Please, don't forget the good old standby.... MEAR'S TAXI :). We use these regularly. Most expensive trip is WL to Swan-Dolphin, which sets us back about $25 per leg, with solid tip (party of 2). Bell Services at OKW, or the GF, will flag a cab if one is waiting, or call one (add 15 minutes) if no one is in the lot.

Just a guess on my part, as I know where OKW is, relative to Swan-Dolphin.... betting you are looking at about $20/leg, with tip, party of two. People are reporting that the average MV trip is hitting $30/leg, with new pricing.

Please, don't forget the good old standby.... MEAR'S TAXI :). We use these regularly. Most expensive trip is WL to Swan-Dolphin, which sets us back about $25 per leg, with solid tip (party of 2). Bell Services at OKW, or the GF, will flag a cab if one is waiting, or call one (add 15 minutes) if no one is in the lot.

Just a guess on my part, as I know where OKW is, relative to Swan-Dolphin.... betting you are looking at about $20/leg, with tip, party of two. People are reporting that the average MV trip is hitting $30/leg, with new pricing.
I personally dislike the taxis. You never know what your final price will be. We took one from the Contemp. to AKL which ran $40 or so because the driver took us through MK closing time traffic & that meter ticks away for time and distance. W/ Lyft/Uber you know the cost before you set foot into the vehicle & I like that.

We took one from the Contemp. to AKL which ran $40 or so because the driver took us through MK closing time traffic

Wouldn't going through MK traffic be the only way to go? If so, if it was closing time, it's not like the driver had a choice, since you called him/her to take you from Contemporary at that time, right?

Wouldn't going through MK traffic be the only way to go? If so, if it was closing time, it's not like the driver had a choice, since you called him/her to take you from Contemporary at that time, right?
We didn’t call for it - it was a Mears taxi waiting outside of the Contemporary that we took after dinner at the California Grill and because it was after MK closing we grabbed the taxi.
What I like about Uber/Lyft is that you know what your ride will cost before you hop in, w/ a taxi you can sort of guess at the cost but if the ride takes longer than normal, then it’ll cost more than normal. I like knowing up front what I’m paying personally, I suspect I’m not the only one, which is why Uber/Lyft are eroding the traditional taxi business.

I like knowing up front what I’m paying personally, I suspect I’m not the only one, which is why Uber/Lyft are eroding the traditional taxi business.
And invariably, for the same ride, Uber/Lyft will be significantly cheaper.

I think the Minnie car is $25. Being such a special event... go for it:-)
One of the longer WdW destinations..... so good bang for the buck for Minnie ride
Happy planning
Kerri
a-hem... Minni car? NO... it's a Minnie Van! ( get it?)

I would use Uber. Even if you need a car seat, an Uber with car seat will be far cheaper than a Minnie van. Also the Uber will pick you up right in front of you villa. I don’t know if the Minnie vans do this. I’ve gotten an Uber with a car seat from the contemporary to OKW and that was around $12. About a third of what you’d pay for a Minnie van.
i think the minnie vans are lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter