Ol' Man Island

zaxmom

DIS Veteran
I understand this pool area is under refurbishment at PO-Riverside. Can anyone tell me what all there is there in the way of waterslides or kiddie areas and stuff? Is it a zero-depth pool? It looks like it is a long walk from the rooms to the pool area, is this true? I know you can use the French Quarter pool as well, how would we get there? Is it a short walk, or do we have to drive? I have a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old boy who are both very adventurous and LOVE waterslides and such. I have heard that PO-Riverside would be a good place. Thanks for any help.

I just love the POR resort. No the pool is not zero depth entry. There is a slide that the boys will enjoy. There is also a kiddie playground and a spot where you can catch and release fish. The island is an easy walk at the resort. You shouldn't have a problem. You could also walk or take the bus to POFQ. You may also be able to take the boat there. Depending on what building you are staying in that walk may not be too bad with adventerous boys. I'm sure someone who has stayed there recently may be able to help you out also.

I stayed at POR 1/10-1/13 and just got a letter in the mail stating that the pool rehab is on schedule and will reopen on 2/8/03. Hopefully, you'll be heading to Disney after rehab is done.

There is a water slide, and a sizeable playground area on the East side (near Magnolia Bend).

Check out Deb's site http://www/wdwig.com for info/photos-here's one

-diane

The slide at Ol man island is great fun for kids. When my son was younger it was his favorite slide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter