Ol' Tiggerdad is NO LONGER officially homeless

Wow, i would have thought it would be more substantial. Does the ends have pistons, to absorbe shock at least?

Gasers have the engine for a battering ram.

Diesels usually put generators in front.

Not used to campers, lol. I drive firetrucks for a living. And i havent seen many campers in accidents in my area, more urban. Busses yes. My camper is a pop up.

Still doing some looking. Nothing new on our end. I almost pulled trigger on the Dutchmen toy hauler, they dropped the price some more. Then, I remembered I still needed to buy this swimming pool!:scared:

One of our fellow Disers is not having very good luck with his Dutchmen camper and this also has me a little hesitant as well. No worries.

Taking the F-250 in this week to get the interior fan resistor replaced. :furious:

Still doing some looking. Nothing new on our end. I almost pulled trigger on the Dutchmen toy hauler, they dropped the price some more. Then, I remembered I still needed to buy this swimming pool!:scared:
I have one bid for mine and had another guy come out Sunday to look around. Still waiting on his estimate. I'll decide if I'm going to pull the trigger after that.

One of our fellow Disers is not having very good luck with his Dutchmen camper and this also has me a little hesitant as well. No worries.
You know everyone's experiences are different, but nothing wrong with continuing to look.

Taking the F-250 in this week to get the interior fan resistor replaced. :furious:
Let me know how that goes. My F350 is 8 years old now, but only has 110,000 miles. I suspect I'll be in for that lovely repair sometime soon.

j

Less units, more $. Supply & demand.

True, but Forest River is only part of the supply, and this (I presume) is only part of their supply chain. They will see some disruption for a while, but I don't know if it would be sufficient to drawn the market up entirely. If some Forest River units are unavailable or overpriced due to the fire, most buyers would more than likely simply jump to a different manufacturer. In the short time, even more than Forest River itself, I have some concern for the impact this will have on some of the Mom and Pop shops that only carry one or two lines. If someone depends heavily on FR sales for their business, a major supply disruption could literally sink them! Forest River will have insurance that will help cushion some of this blow, Irma's Forest River Sales and Service is going to have a much harder time!

Good lord Tiggerdad.... Not that I ever had a problem with my truck's HVAC system but I cannot believe the resistor is on the back side of the air box. I will have to check it out. As for the camper thing, if going the Class C or A route is your thing, so bee it. I grew up camping in a Class C. However when that C passed the ghost, my parent's moved over to a trailer. I had a trailer before them. Personally, I am a fan of the trailer. It's nice being able to leave the trailer at the site and drive off and see something. With the C or A you had to pack everything up and drive to the location you were going to be visiting that day. One time my parent's left our outside stuff out at the site and we pulled away. We came back that night to find it all gone. The store said they did not clear the site. It turned out some other campers basically stole the items from the site since they saw our MH drive away. My parents were not happy about that. Anyway....

Good luck with what ever you buy. I may make one suggestion, Look at a Grand Design trailer. They are pretty darn nice for the money. My DW, DD and I love ours and looking forward to the upcoming camping season. GDRV does have some nice toy hauler options too. I don't know what direction you are going in though. Good luck with getting the truck fixed.

Oh all options are open, but still leaning towards the trailer as the probable favorite. I'll check into the Grand Design. Funny thing, if you think about it. You either have to have a vehicle to pull the trailer, or you need a vehicle to tow behind what you are camping in. Either way, two items.

@tiggerdad third option. Rent a vehicle while in the locale of where you are staying. My parents did that a few times while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC. I think the last 2 times they were in MB before we went a few years ago, they rented a car. I think it might have been enterprise and they would come to the campground and pick them up for the paperwork. They would drop them off when the rental was over. It was a pretty common practice to my understanding. When my parent still had the Motorhome and I had the trailer at the time, we would pile into my tow vehicle for transport to the different places we visited.

Well, the down payment on the camper (AKA, the pool) arrived this week. All 1000# of it on a single pallet. Too early for swimming, but the ground is soft, so I started digging out the area for it yesterday. I looked at camper designs last night as I nursed the blisters on my hands.

Well, the down payment on the camper (AKA, the pool) arrived this week. All 1000# of it on a single pallet.
Did you go with one of the in ground kits with the poly walls?

That's what I have been looking at. The little town I live in has a pool permit process that makes it almost impossible to put one in yourself though. I'm still getting bids to have someone else do what I was going to. It sucks that the price will be double.

j

I went with all resin above ground. Well, Semi-inground up to 50% per the manufacturer. The back yard slopes so having to do good bit of digging. Went with 24', I'm limited in the back yard before it gets too wet and I couldn't count on the ground holding up with the stabilizers. I had it tested for in-ground pool but was told only way was to put it in front yard. Back yard had too much moisture. They told me I'd be fighting a constant battle with the liner due to the excessive ground moisture there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!