• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Disney Music

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

At work recently, I've been listening to MouseWorld Radio, which plays a ton of really great theme park and resort music, like the background music, the script from an entire ride (like Muppets or Ellen's Energy Adventure), plus music from rides that aren't even there anymore. Does anyone know of a place where you could purchase music from the parks - not the CDs they sell now, I've got about 6 of those. I'm looking for more of the obscure hard to find music.

Thanks!!!

I am interested in this also.

:)Most of my obscure music I have been able to find on ITunes. You know I just listen for hours for the ones I like then buy them. Now if you are interested in the actual music that is played while you are walking around the parks you can find those lists on Mousesavers.com and some other sites. Then I go to ITunes and purchase what I can find. I have seen lists for the parks, AKV and WL. I also listen to what I like on the Dis and then write it down for later. I have a playlist for Disney (volume 1, 2, 3--The classic CDs with the red, blue and green Mickey Head), Disney vol. 4 that I made up and Disney 5 that I made up, Then I have playlists for MK, Epcot and my favorite... the one I call....Kidani Village. IF I can't find the music that they play in a certain place I just hunt around until I find something that conjures up that memory for me.....yeah, DH thinks I am waaaayyyy to into Disney. Then of course I purchased the sound track for the Parade Music and Wishes when I was there last year. Cna't wait to see what they have this year.

I am so sick and twisted...my Epcot music is in order of the attractions and I have Mariachi music for Mexico, Scandinavian music for Norway, etc. I even have thunder for when I am riding on THe Land...of course with water and animal sounds, too.....OK I will stop now.

I have a friend that found a lot on limewire. He even has narrations from the monorail and some bizzar things like that. :yay:

This type of discussion usually goes to the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

:)Most of my obscure music I have been able to find on ITunes. You know I just listen for hours for the ones I like then buy them. Now if you are interested in the actual music that is played while you are walking around the parks you can find those lists on Mousesavers.com and some other sites. Then I go to ITunes and purchase what I can find. I have seen lists for the parks, AKV and WL. I also listen to what I like on the Dis and then write it down for later. I have a playlist for Disney (volume 1, 2, 3--The classic CDs with the red, blue and green Mickey Head), Disney vol. 4 that I made up and Disney 5 that I made up, Then I have playlists for MK, Epcot and my favorite... the one I call....Kidani Village. IF I can't find the music that they play in a certain place I just hunt around until I find something that conjures up that memory for me.....yeah, DH thinks I am waaaayyyy to into Disney. Then of course I purchased the sound track for the Parade Music and Wishes when I was there last year. Cna't wait to see what they have this year.

I am so sick and twisted...my Epcot music is in order of the attractions and I have Mariachi music for Mexico, Scandinavian music for Norway, etc. I even have thunder for when I am riding on THe Land...of course with water and animal sounds, too.....OK I will stop now.

I found some things on iTunes, but the problem usually is that I'm not sure of the name. Like I really wanted the background music from the Wonders of Life pavilion (where I worked on the college program) and I was able to find a list of the song names and get those of iTunes, but most things I don't know names.

Where on mousesavers do you get music? I thought it was more of planning/info site?

Unfortunately a lot of the good ol stuff isnt on ITunes. You had to buy a cd when it came out over the years. For a backup, EBay is your garage sale where you can pick up most anything. Tread carefully, however, I've had great luck building a collection of old cd's in great condition for pennies on the dollar. Quick & easy calls for ITunes though.

Thank you Thank you to the person who suggested LimeWire. I've only searched a couple times but so far I have been able to find a lot of what I was looking for! And the best part is I can add it to my iTunes library for free! Score!

Now I've been trying to make a list of all the obscure music I like.

limewire is definitely GREAT for some of the more obscure stuff ! :thumbsup2
thanks to the poster who suggested it! :goodvibes

Some resources for park music.

Song lists:

WDW Background Music
http://www.maxpages.com/disneyworldbgm

Disney Music Loops
http://www.disneymusicloops.com/

Song lists and Album lists:
The Walt Disney World Song Archive!
http://web.archive.org/web/20030103210436/http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/

Music, you will have to learn bit torrent stuff, but a ton of park music is available here. But no current or recent CD's are permitted.
http://www.mousebits.com/

HTH:thumbsup2

Awesome...thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter