Old Key West Community Hall questions

anett

Mouseketeer
We love the community hall @ AKV and BLT; what does OKW have to offer to it's members? Our children love the arts and crafts, fireside roasting marshmallows and poolside activities. Please tell me all about it!

A few things I know of are the pool table, ping pong, air hockey and video games along with video rentals.

We love the community hall @ AKV and BLT; what does OKW have to offer to it's members? Our children love the arts and crafts, fireside roasting marshmallows and poolside activities. Please tell me all about it!

OKW has those things too.
Here's a link to the official Disney page that lists some:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/old-key-west-resort/recreation/

The poolside activities are things like trivia games, name that song.
We didn't do ant arts and crafts this time, but last trip we did beading, which was free. I think they also had decorating tee shirts and cups.

The fireside area is beyond the tennis courts and playground by the main pool.

We were only at the OKW community hall briefly to claim our prize for the treasure hunt, but it seemed smaller than the other ones we have visited. I'm sure they do have the standard activities like arts and crafts. We did the roasted marshmallows on arrival night and that was fun. We LOVED the poolside activities the afternoon we spent at the pool. We did the trivia game while the kids were swimming and we were hanging out in the pool. Then we did the ice cream drop- so funny. One person lays on the ground and the other drops ice cream at arm level, trying to get it into the person's mouth. DD and I did it and won! We got a goody bag with misc trinkets and an arcade card for winning. DH and DS did it and by the end DS was covered in ice cream- and not too happy about it! Later we did the treasure hunt, which was basically a book of puzzles to solve to follow clues. We won and went to the CH to claim our prize. The CM held up a good sized treasure box and we assumed we could pick something, until they said no, we won the whole thing! I can't remember much of what was in there but know it included more arcade cards, a lion stuffed animal, and some balls. The kids were so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter