Old Key West

Unofficial627

Mouseketeer
Just booked a vacation for the Old Key West, for two weeks. Was it a good choice? From other reviews on sites I've seen, it looks like it, but I would appreicate any of your reviews. Also, is the end of July to beginning of August a good time to visit? Thanks to any who reply!

OKW is a great resort! :) It's very tropical, and made to look like Key West, FL. You'll really feel like you're on vacation. ;) I would recommend reading the description over at wdwig.com and also check the dvc board. :) You'll love it! :)

I don't have my Passporter in front of me, but my recollection of their poll of visitors to OKW indicated that 90+% "loved" it, and a small fraction "liked it well enough" but zero were in the lower two categories which are more negative.

We have stayed at OKW three or four times. I have stayed at, I think, five other resorts and may well select OKW as my favorite. Not sure that I would visit DVC board with an inquiry, though, because it usually results in flame wars between some who are pro and con OKW.

The direct bus service is a plus, the resort itself is beautiful and the accommodations are very spacious. I think you made a great choice!!

I don't know whether you got a studio, 1 BR, or 2-BR, but we were looking at square footage of them this morning and studios are about 390 sq ft, 1-BR are 1005 sq ft, and 2-BR, I think, were about 1400 sq ft.

OKW is great. The one bedrooms are huge! Over 1000 square feet which was about the size of our first house.

We had a one bedroom last March and we were amazed by it. It had a whirlpool tub, separate shower and the bathroom was gigantic. The livingroom was large with a couch, loveseat and chair if I remember correctly. We had a large balcony with a table with four chairs also. Full size washer and dryer (with their own utility room).

The atmosphere at OKW is very tropical and floral. All the buildings are painted in pastels. The porch railings are pretty (I would describe it as a Victorian/Cottage style feel.) There are lots of flowers and pretty trees. The walkways have crushed sea shells on them. In July/August, it will be hot. But, there is lots of shade and landscaping at OKW so that should help.

We are DVC members at Wilderness Lodge Villas and the Beach Club, but my husband and I love the pastel Victorian cottage feel of OKW also! Not to mention OKW having the largest one bedrooms on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter