Old School

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Well after many years with a cell phone, thinking of ditching the phone and just having a house phone once again.
ATT who is my service provider just has made it so hard to get a new phone, and it is not worth the hassle anymore. Can only get one with TV, or a new line.
And well phone prices, really, 1K, it doesn't make breakfast, doesn't keep me warm....
Seriously considering ditching my phone at this time, and use the money for another Ft. Wilderness trip.

PaHunter, I hear ya. My 21 year old carries around the latest and greatest Iphone. Same as her boyfriend and all their friends and I see it too everyday. I don't care how much money someone has, a $700, $800, $1000 is ridiculous.

My husband and I both have a version 5SE and have had for three years or so. We always call Verizon (whom we have been with for 10 plus years) and buy refurbished phones from them. They have been $100 in the past, $200 in the past, and the last two phones we have had to replace due to a piece of machinery eating them, they send them to us for free. Since we are out of contract and pay outright for our phone, and keep our data to two GB, our monthly bill runs $85 for two phones.

If you ever decide to go back to a cell, try the refurbished route with Verizon.

Last edited:

We got rid of our landline because of the telemarketers, otherwise I'd like to have one.

I have come so close so many times to doing this for same reason. Only reason I keep it is my home security communicates through it and the cost for that service to go through my cell phone would equal what I'm currently paying for the landline. Also, my only internet access is DSL...as poor as that is it's still better than HughesNet.

My cell reception is horrible inside the house is another reason.

I loved AT&T when you could get a free phone for signing a 2 year contract. Sure, it was a phone that came out 2 years previous, but it was new and free. I agree with Chris, current prices they are wanting on the phones is plain ignorant. But, I'm stuck in a bad spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!