Old Town and car cruise, is this worth a day trip away from Disney?

Charmel

Mouseketeer
My husband and son love old cars. A friend recommended Old Town, said they have a wonderful car show but it has been several years since he went. I can not find much information on the car cruise. So I am curious if the area would be worth visiting on a non park day? Has anyone been to Old Town in the last 2 years or know if the car show still draws a lot of neat cars?

The big draw to Old Town is the classic cars.
If family loves cars, this is a must see.
Normally cars are parked so you can go see them up close and personal in the late afternoon.
Cars drive down the walkway/road.
You can stand and seat right on the curb.
Old Town is similar to a fair. Pretty simple.

We went in May of this year. There was a lot of cars to see. Surprised at the turn out. Lots of cute shops as well.

We went a couple of weeks ago for the Wednesday night, which was cameros and corvettes. There honestly weren't many cars there, though I assume the weekend one is bigger, and the cars we saw were cool. It definitely has a more retro/kitschy kind of vibe, and I preferred it to Disney Springs which seems more upmarket but also more generic. I really appreciate that there is a place you can just go for free with your family and have fun, but I wouldn’t give up a park day to go.

I have been to Old Town once but I prefer the new Sunset Walk Promenade located in the MargaritaVille Resort for their excellent car shows and outdoor free concerts and all the shops and restaurants and the best Arcade ever with a Bar in the middle so kids can have fun while adults enjoy too!
plus it is newer and I felt security was a little better .
Check out the events calendar online!
Plus a trunk or treat car show is on the calendar for October 28th!

And also check out the MargaritaVille Resort …

Thanks for reminding me for something to do this weekend !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter