OMG 2020 9-night Greek Isles selling fast..

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
...logged in this morning to check prices & availability & said OK there seems to be enough SR's left so I'll check dates & decide later.

So decided to pull the trigger a few minutes ago and the options dwindled to half or more.
I estimate at least 20 rooms disappeared in a matter of 4 hours. - That's crazy.

I did notice a price increase from other similar cruises we were checking a year ago but the appeal of DCL is strong & undeniable no matter the prices, at least as of today.

For those in silver that want to book the greek isles in 2020 :
If you want to go on any of these 2 in 2020, log in at MIDNIGHT tonight. Don't wait.
I almost panicked when I saw the options reduced in half in a matter of hours.

I'm almost sure it'll be sold out tomorrow.
General public booking have no chance imo.

Last edited:
...logged in this morning to check prices & availability & said OK there seems to be enough SR's left so I'll check dates decide later.

So decided to pull the trigger a few minutes ago and the options dwindled to half or more.
I estimate at least 20 rooms disappeared in a matter of 4 hours. - That's crazy.

I did notice a price increase from other similar cruises we were checking a year ago but he appeal of DCL is strong & undeniable no matter the prices, at least as of today.

For those in silver that want to book the greek isles in 2020 :
If you want to go on any of these 2 in 2020, log in at MIDNIGHT tonight. Don't wait.
I almost panicked when I saw the options reduced in half in a matter of hours.

I'm almost sure it'll be sold out tomorrow.
General public booking have no chance imo.

Logging at midnight (Eastern time) will not help as the online booking window does not open until some time between 6 and 8 am (Eastern time). It is supposed to be 8 am, to match when the phones open, but the opening time has been earlier, but not consistent - thanks DCL IT.

Also, I booked the 9-night Med with Greek Isles departing on June 22nd on Monday morning and since then, the cruise fare for guests 1 and 2 in my cabin category has gone up $495 each (no change to the fare for guest 3).

Also - just noticed we got 2nd seating... :mad:
Not pleased about that but whatevs.

Logging at midnight (Eastern time) will not help as the online booking window does not open until some time between 6 and 8 am (Eastern time). It is supposed to be 8 am, to match when the phones open, but the opening time has been earlier, but not consistent - thanks DCL IT.

Also, I booked the 9-night Med with Greek Isles departing on June 22nd on Monday morning and since then, the cruise fare for guests 1 and 2 in my cabin category has gone up $495 each (no change to the fare for guest 3).

I didn't know about the booking window. Oh well.

We're on the same cruise!... ceteris paribus, see ya there.
Did you get 1st or 2nd MDR?

I noticed the price increase as well. 5B increased from 6030 to 6300 per 1 adult in 3 hours in the morning......

Ok, now at 3pm, it increased again to 6525 per first adult!

Last edited:
I noticed it went up by about $800 from this morning to now (3PM EST)

THe cost difference to verandah seems to be less than the other cruises, perhaps most are booking up the inside?

Can you not log in and change it? Or maybe main dining is full already? I wouldn't worry about it though. It will give you lots of time in the ports!

I thought it was full and then logged in and was able to change it - thanks for the suggestion!

Only took 2.5 hours of being on hold with Costco but got in for the June 22 cruise. Wanted to book it as one of the options for my new wife and I to pick between for our honeymoon versus a trip a Hawaii around the same time. Sadly saw the price creep up $300 over the 2.5 hour hold but at least it was $300 cheaper than what it is now 4 hours later.

I posted this on the other thread about the june 13 sailing, and when i booked there was at least 20 concierge including one royal suite and both 2 bedrooms 4 hours later they are all gone.

I am gold an booked concierge on the June 13th this morning at 8:00 a.m. there was quite few concierge rooms, checked 4 hours later all there is 1 1 bedroom left I assume there is a few that will come back when hold expire tomorrow night, and the handicap ones might show up in 6 months for any one to book, but they went fast!
chris

I noticed it went up by about $800 from this morning to now (3PM EST)

THe cost difference to verandah seems to be less than the other cruises, perhaps most are booking up the inside?

yep. just checked something on my booking and noticed the price of the exact cat 5c that I booked went up by $600 in 3 hours.
About $1200 since I first checked in the AM.
So needless to say I'm fuming about my indecisiveness, which cost me $1K
This is insane.

I can't even find a Greek cruise. Does it not show if I'm not a higher category CC member?

Actually, I can't even get a 2020 cruise period. Am I not special enough?

Last edited:
I have to thank my agent for booking it first thing in the morning. I got mine at 8900, i am showing 9b is booking at 10400 right now. 10b is 9400

yep. just checked something on my booking and noticed the price of the exact cat 5c that I booked went up by $600 in 3 hours.
About $1200 since I first checked in the AM.
So needless to say I'm fuming about my indecisiveness, which cost me $1K
This is insane.

Nuts indeed... 9B hasn't gone up much at all FWIW. $90 per person.

How many actually made a reservation and how many just put it on hold? It will be interesting to see what happens closer to the PIF date.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters because prices don't go down anyway, especially on the European ones

This is my first time aware of the crazy price increase within a day... anyone saw similar things in the past openning day? Is this typical or just this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter