OMG 2020 9-night Greek Isles selling fast..

This thread made me curious, so I re-checked my room rate (9B for 2 adults on the June 13 itinerary) and it's gone up almost $500 per person in the last 13 hours. Thank goodness I earned my gold status last year! The agent I talked to on the phone this morning said it was selling fast.

This is my first time aware of the crazy price increase within a day... anyone saw similar things in the past openning day? Is this typical or just this time!

Its fairly typical for new or unusual itineraries (DCL hasn't done Greece for a few years now) - especially so during the summer when schools are out.

Last edited:
Its fairly typical for new or unusual itineraries (DCL hasn't done Greece for a few years now) - especially so during the summer when schools are out.

Good to know! Next time, try to book as early as I can... today called in early morning but got disconnected after 30 min, when trying to get back in with Costco, wait for almost 3 hours and price already increase by 500...

Thanks!

This thread made me curious, so I re-checked my room rate (9B for 2 adults on the June 13 itinerary) and it's gone up almost $500 per person in the last 13 hours. Thank goodness I earned my gold status last year! The agent I talked to on the phone this morning said it was selling fast.

Went back and checked again... the 6/13 has gone up $450 total for the two of us since yesterday and the 6/22 $810 total for two adults in a 9B. I booked online at ~4am PST 3/4... how much earlier did you do yours I wonder..? Sounds like you got a much better deal!

Now I'm wondering how high it will go before it sells out of the category. How much of a price difference can the same room be..? :crazy2:

Went back and checked again... the 6/13 has gone up $450 total for the two of us since yesterday and the 6/22 $810 total for two adults in a 9B. I booked online at ~4am PST 3/4... how much earlier did you do yours I wonder..? Sounds like you got a much better deal!
You booked a full day before I did! I booked the 6/13 by phone ~5:30 am PST on 3/5. My price was $3321/person for 2 adults in 9B and now (about 14 hours later) it's $3780/person.

You booked a full day before I did! I booked the 6/13 by phone ~5:30 am PST on 3/5. My price was $3321/person for 2 adults in 9B and now (about 14 hours later) it's $3780/person.

No OBB, right? Mine says $3555 per person. So much for early booking? I never even considered checking again the next day. :headache:

We're in for the 12-night. Got our 11B on Deck 5 Aft. Great location... Called right at 7am CST on Monday (we are Platinum).

Anyone have good suggestions for Rome? We leave out of Civitavecchia but will probably spend a day or two in Rome and have to figure out how to get to the port...

We're in for the 12-night. Got our 11B on Deck 5 Aft. Great location... Called right at 7am CST on Monday (we are Platinum).

Anyone have good suggestions for Rome? We leave out of Civitavecchia but will probably spend a day or two in Rome and have to figure out how to get to the port...
Rome is an amazing city, I spent a week there when I was 17 and have been back a few times on cruises. Definitely go to the Coliseum, Roman Forum and the Vatican. It's good to book tours in advance for some things they sell out. I know when I was there we bought a pass that got us into a few different attractions for a cheaper cost. It's about an hour to get from the city to the port. So I'd recommend doing either a prearranged private car or taking the Disney transportation. There is also a train, but I didn't do that so can't really say much about it.

This is my first time aware of the crazy price increase within a day... anyone saw similar things in the past openning day? Is this typical or just this time!

Last Hawaii booking window sold way faster, I think it was sold out in one day.

I booked on the 6/13 cruise . . . but had to wait on hold for a full 90 minutes. Then the ship was almost completely sold out; I ended up with a category I didn't really want in order to get 2 rooms near to one another.

Wow this is booking quickly!

It didn't sell out in one day because I'm silver and was able to make a booking on silver opening day, but by general opening day there was essentially nothing left.

While the price will go up later, it's worth noting that there will probably be rooms coming available over time even before PIF date. When we booked one of our Med cruises, we had to book a lower category of cabin than we'd wanted because of availability. Over the following months, I kept seeing the original category we'd wanted come available, then disappear, then come available, etc. over and over. Eventually, we decided not to change our category but we had plenty of time to have taken one of them. It's easy to think you're going to do a European cruise 15-18 months out until you get down to needing to not only pay for the cruise but also flights, pre/post hotel, time off, etc. Obviously more expensive later, but just because it's sold out or nearly sold out today doesn't mean that there aren't many opportunities later.

While the price will go up later, it's worth noting that there will probably be rooms coming available over time even before PIF date. When we booked one of our Med cruises, we had to book a lower category of cabin than we'd wanted because of availability. Over the following months, I kept seeing the original category we'd wanted come available, then disappear, then come available, etc. over and over. Eventually, we decided not to change our category but we had plenty of time to have taken one of them. It's easy to think you're going to do a European cruise 15-18 months out until you get down to needing to not only pay for the cruise but also flights, pre/post hotel, time off, etc. Obviously more expensive later, but just because it's sold out or nearly sold out today doesn't mean that there aren't many opportunities later.

True- we are booked for the 9 day Greek, but researching flights, kids graduating college-we shall see how this goes. Hopeful to go, but not guaranteed at this point.

It didn't sell out in one day because I'm silver and was able to make a booking on silver opening day, but by general opening day there was essentially nothing left.

I didn't know that...I stand corrected.
Thanks for the feedback

Also - just noticed we got 2nd seating... :mad:
Not pleased about that but whatevs.

Second seating w/ the Med/Greek Isles cruises is often better b/c some of the excursions last right up until all aboard then you'd have to rush to your first seating for dinner. Just thought I'd let ya know since we've sailed this cruise before as well as 2 other regular Med cruises. HTHs! :)

Yes, I am pretty sure it sold out quickly. I booked on Day 1 as Platinum and I decided to change the type of stateroom we booked and there was hardly anything left when I did that.

Second seating w/ the Med/Greek Isles cruises is often better b/c some of the excursions last right up until all aboard then you'd have to rush to your first seating for dinner. Just thought I'd let ya know since we've sailed this cruise before as well as 2 other regular Med cruises. HTHs! :)

On both of our Med cruises we were often coming back not too long before all aboard. It had been so hot through the day that I just wanted to shower, drink 3-4 glasses of icy, icy cold water and chill (literally) for a while before eating. We always do second seating anyway but even the thought of having to rush to my room, shower, change and then run right up to dinner, ugh. You can moderate this a little by your selection of port tours but since we always picked some of the longest ones (I wanted to see as much as possible given that I might not be back) it was always a given that we'd be back late.

I didn't know that...I stand corrected.
Thanks for the feedback

I'm pretty sure it was sold out or at least in ALL GTY status by about midday on Silver day and gone within the first half hour (or maybe even before phones opened thanks to online) on the anyone can book day.

6-22 only has GTY 11 left, rest is verandah. I guess this is not a cruise for first timer (I kind of doubt Europe Disney cruises are people's first anyway) $14K for 3 people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter